USMB Coffee Shop IV

Which reminds me, last night I went to pick up some last minute needs at the Wally World Lite, they were out of stuffing........ That's okay, a $1 loaf of French bread will do the trick. :thup:

Any old bread will do for stuffing, but I really like the Pepperidge Farm dry cornbread stuffing as a base. One can generally find it for a good price around Thanksgiving - good to stock up.
I'm one of those few people who actually dislike cornbread except on extremely rare occasions with at least a pound of butter per bite.

Cornbread stuffing is not just cornbread, hun. I like the heft of the texture better than white bread - better mouthfeel.

And agreed, cornbread is just a delivery mechanism for Butter (and Honey).
Hot, soft yeast rolls and scads of butter, I could feast on that all day long. :thup:

I made a bunch of those for our family party tonight. This is an older picture (I miss Syrenn at moments like this), but they are the same recipe:

rolls
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Breaded and baked fingers? You don't happen to live around Donner Pass do ya?

Any old bread will do for stuffing, but I really like the Pepperidge Farm dry cornbread stuffing as a base. One can generally find it for a good price around Thanksgiving - good to stock up.
I'm one of those few people who actually dislike cornbread except on extremely rare occasions with at least a pound of butter per bite.

Cornbread stuffing is not just cornbread, hun. I like the heft of the texture better than white bread - better mouthfeel.

Hot, soft yeast rolls and scads of butter, I could feast on that all day long. :thup:

I made a bunch of those for our family party tonight. This is an older picture (I miss Syrenn at moments like this), but they are the same recipe:

rolls

Some of my ancestors migrated to CA through the Donner Pass during the Gold Rush, but never developed the Cannibal urgings.

Those are Butterhorn Rolls. Yum!

Merry Christmas Eve USMB Peeps!

My only chores today are to make 7 layer dip for a party and to wrap a few presents. w00t!

Two more batches of cookies for me--though in truth only one may get done--and then I'm free as a bird for the rest of today and tomorrow except for enjoying friends and family. And Merry Christmas to you Boe.

My only chores today are to make 7 layer dip for a party and to wrap a few presents. w00t!

Two more batches of cookies for me--though in truth only one may get done--and then I'm free as a bird for the rest of today and tomorrow except for enjoying friends and family. And Merry Christmas to you Boe.

And a very Merry Christmas to you too, friendo!

Which reminds me, last night I went to pick up some last minute needs at the Wally World Lite, they were out of stuffing........ That's okay, a $1 loaf of French bread will do the trick. :thup:

I'm making sausage and herb stuffing.

rolls

Some of my ancestors migrated to CA through the Donner Pass during the Gold Rush, but never developed the Cannibal urgings.

I was just commenting that they look like "fingers in a blanket......" :lol:

Agree that cornbread stuffing does not taste anything like cornbread but it is an absolute staple in much of the southwest and west. It just has more flavor and texture than regular bread stuffing.

rolls

I was just commenting that they look like "fingers in a blanket......" :lol:

Yeah, that's the ticket.....

upload_2016-12-24_13-23-25.png

Finger rolls

Looks like a good chance of snow for Christmas Eve. and early Sun. Morning.
Winds are getting very strong right now.
Weather Alerts
Another rarity here and a treat for us if we do get snow. :)
Woo Hoo!

Looks like a good chance of snow for Christmas Eve. and early Sun. Morning.
Winds are getting very strong right now.
Weather Alerts
Another rarity here and a treat for us if we do get snow. :)
Woo Hoo!

We're supposed to be in the 70s. :(

Its a celebration around here because it only happens every 30 to 35 years.
Last one in Benson was Dec.1983. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I just got my Jan.-Feb. 2017 issue of Smithsonian magazine in the mail today.
They have a really good article on the 3,500 year old Golden Warrior tomb that exposes the roots of western civilazation.
Now, I need to find me some time to read it.:)
Probably after Christmas dinner.

Forum List

Back