USMB Coffee Shop IV

Can't get to sleep. Discovered that the shoulder is ok except for being bruised however my left arm is broken high up near the shoulder. So I'll have my arm in a sling for a spell. Have learned how to type with just one hand. Just took a pain pill so I'll get sleepy pretty soon. The fall could have been worse I suppose so I'm thankful all I got out of the deal was the broken arm. I've been banged up worst than this before and this too shall pass. Thankfully I didn't need to have surgery as there was some discussion about needing a pin put in but that turned out not to be the case. While I heal I will be thinking up ways to take 8 of that damned cat's 9 lives!

Actually it's good that it is your arm--a messed up shoulder is sometimes a lot more problematic as is a broken wrist because of all the nerve endings and complicated muscles, etc.--but so sorry you broke anything.

Good morning. Happy mdk is back to check in and its so good to see our old friend Lumpy 1 back in the Coffee Shop. You really do need to do this more often, both you guys.

And thank you for your American Happy Christmas greeting Dalia --I bet Christmas in France is pretty special too.

And to all our night owls and early risers, good morning. The cookie bakery is already in business here trying to get enough done to make up cookie gift boxes for the neighbors and our dinner companions tonight.

Looks to be a beautiful day though in the low 50's. They are actually predicting possibility of snow tonight. Wouldn't it be something to have a white Christmas in Albuquerque? We have had a couple of white Thanksgivings and up on the mountain we always had a white Christmas, but in all the years we've lived in the city, we've never had one.

Good morning. Happy mdk is back to check in and its so good to see our old friend Lumpy 1 back in the Coffee Shop. You really do need to do this more often, both you guys.

And thank you for your American Happy Christmas greeting Dalia --I bet Christmas in France is pretty special too.

And to all our night owls and early risers, good morning. The cookie bakery is already in business here trying to get enough done to make up cookie gift boxes for the neighbors and our dinner companions tonight.

Looks to be a beautiful day though in the low 50's. They are actually predicting possibility of snow tonight. Wouldn't it be something to have a white Christmas in Albuquerque? We have had a couple of white Thanksgivings and up on the mountain we always had a white Christmas, but in all the years we've lived in the city, we've never had one.

Yep, the Holidays always bring out the shirttail relatives.

Went up to Alamogordo today and looked at a couple of rentals....... Just got done looking at listings in Tuscon, much bigger and better for the same money...... Uummmmmm........

Tucson rocks ! :)

Tucson IS rocks...
So is El Paso........

So is Alamogordo for that matter, but at least there you are a half hour from beautiful alpine forests.
And bigger rocks....... :D

So is Alamogordo for that matter, but at least there you are a half hour from beautiful alpine forests.

Do they come into town for drinks?

No, they stay pretty much on the mountain. But Cloud Croft NM is a hair over 19 miles from Alamogordo, and in that 19+ miles you climb from roughly 4300 feet to 8600 feet. The difference in temperature and terrain is quite remarkable.

Even the roughly 2500 feet between eastern Albuquerque and our place on the mountain, 12 miles away, was an amazing difference in air temps and terrain.

No, they stay pretty much on the mountain. But Cloud Croft NM is a hair over 19 miles from Alamogordo, and in that 19+ miles you climb from roughly 4300 feet to 8600 feet. The difference in temperature and terrain is quite remarkable.

Even the roughly 2500 feet between eastern Albuquerque and our place on the mountain, 12 miles away, was an amazing difference in air temps and terrain.

19 miles? How far is that in telephone poles?

Stacked or laid end to end.......? :eusa_whistle:

Stacked or laid end to end.......? :eusa_whistle:

Seems like they are all vertical here.

Alamogordo, view of the Sacramento range west face.

alamogordo-nm-mountains91.jpg

Cloudcroft

WZ%2BWX%2BCF%2B1.png

Road to Cloudcroft (winter view)

22109235-A-snowy-mountain-road-with-warning-signs-in-Cloudcroft-New-Mexico-USA-Stock-Photo.jpg

Major change from desert to alpine.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Eve USMB Peeps!

My only chores today are to make 7 layer dip for a party and to wrap a few presents. w00t!
Which reminds me, last night I went to pick up some last minute needs at the Wally World Lite, they were out of stuffing........ That's okay, a $1 loaf of French bread will do the trick. :thup:

My only chores today are to make 7 layer dip for a party and to wrap a few presents. w00t!
Which reminds me, last night I went to pick up some last minute needs at the Wally World Lite, they were out of stuffing........ That's okay, a $1 loaf of French bread will do the trick. :thup:

Any old bread will do for stuffing, but I really like the Pepperidge Farm dry cornbread stuffing as a base. One can generally find it for a good price around Thanksgiving - good to stock up.

Any old bread will do for stuffing, but I really like the Pepperidge Farm dry cornbread stuffing as a base. One can generally find it for a good price around Thanksgiving - good to stock up.
I'm one of those few people who actually dislike cornbread except on extremely rare occasions with at least a pound of butter per bite.

I'm one of those few people who actually dislike cornbread except on extremely rare occasions with at least a pound of butter per bite.

Cornbread stuffing is not just cornbread, hun. I like the heft of the texture better than white bread - better mouthfeel.

And agreed, cornbread is just a delivery mechanism for Butter (and Honey).

Cornbread stuffing is not just cornbread, hun. I like the heft of the texture better than white bread - better mouthfeel.

Hot, soft yeast rolls and scads of butter, I could feast on that all day long. :thup:

Hot, soft yeast rolls and scads of butter, I could feast on that all day long. :thup:

I made a bunch of those for our family party tonight. This is an older picture (I miss Syrenn at moments like this), but they are the same recipe:

rolls
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back