USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just some random thoughts while I wait for something more constructive to do...

The Westminster Kennel Club snubbed Daisy the Mutt again this year. She is feeling peevish about that as she always wanted to travel to Manhattan and strut her stuff.

Mom had an uneventful night. The overly persistent pan handlers seem to be discouraged for now.

My daily walks through the park are filled with considerably more sunshine as the evening wears on. Five weeks from Monday last will be the Vernal equinox and another attempt at standing an egg on end will be made.

This coming weekend is the President's Day weekend giving me and my fellow government employees a chance to get stuff done on a week day and, perhaps hit the snooze button several times.

Some inspiration for that egg thing. . .
Equinox-2010-egg-standing.jpg
Somebody's using crazy glue!

We just got back from Tucson.
The Doc says Mr. P 's right side of heart is damaged from his angiogram he had done last week.
He will need to have his right artery replaced with maybe 2 or 3 bypasses. Perhaps a pump also.
His Doc will consult with his other 2 heart surgeons and the next appt. is March 9th.
Then maybe we will know when he will have his surgery and what for sure will be done.

Very pretty my mother had loves birds when I was a kid they were gorgeous and one morning one of the birds had died the next one not long after.
Inseparables_b.jpg

Love birds forever and after my mother to collect birds to put in her Christmas tree.
Thank you for its wonderful pictures of birds.Dajjal :)

The Carpenters were my very favorite group ever. I don't think they put out a single song that I didn't love.

And here we see our musical differences encapsulated in one post. ;)

The Doc says Mr. P 's right side of heart is damaged from his angiogram he had done last week.
He will need to have his right artery replaced with maybe 2 or 3 bypasses. Perhaps a pump also.
His Doc will consult with his other 2 heart surgeons and the next appt. is March 9th.
Then maybe we will know when he will have his surgery and what for sure will be done.
Best of luck to you and hubbs, Peach!

Still worrisome but we'll keep the prayers and positive vibes coming. Our friend Dana has been living with a heart pump now for going on a year. It is something of a pain because the bulky battery bag has to go with you everywhere you go, but she handles it really well. She just bought our dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants.

Thanks to everybody for the anniversary wishes today. Warms the heart. I made sure Hombre saw them too.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and wellness for Gracie.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

winter-wonderland-wallpapers.jpg

Still worrisome but we'll keep the prayers and positive vibes coming. Our friend Dana has been living with a heart pump now for going on a year. It is something of a pain because the bulky battery bag has to go with you everywhere you go, but she handles it really well. She just bought our dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants.

Hopefully they won't need to do the pump.
We're keeping our fingers crossed till the other heart surgeon sees him on March 9th and both talk together over their individual conclusions.
Good news is at least 50% of his heart is working rather than less than 20 %.
He is now part of the lucky 20% that lived from the widow maker. :)

We now only need to go to Benson for his blood drawn once a week for his blood thinner readings.
Nice, I don't like going to Tucson. Also we can see the 2nd heart surgeon at the Benson Hospital next month.

This means I have more time now for the messageboard. :)

I've seen evidence that the earth is turning its face back toward the sun and soon, Spring will be here again. The first timid crocuses have popped up from the frost. The first brave Spring flowers might even bloom if the weatherman's predictions of fifties and sixties this weekend come true.

The local sunset is now after 6:00 pm. This means that I no longer have to come home, drop everything, pee quickly and arm my pockets with dog treats then put the collar on Daisy the Mutt and rush out the door to the park.

The full squad of my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates report to Spring Training tomorrow. Will this be THE year?

I saw folks tapping the maple trees in their sugarbush this morning. Sugarbush is a term used to describe a grove of maple trees or that strip club out by the airport. Some still use galvanized steel buckets, but most use a system of yellow plastic tubes running from each tapped tree to a collecting station. Soon sugar houses will start boiling down the sap and producing Ohio maple syrup and candies.

I heard the song of a robin red breast yesterday during my walk. A pleasant welcome considering I have heard only flocks of Canadian Geese swoosh over head while they clatter away or the persistent telegraph like tapping of woodpeckers.

Spring ain't sprung yet, but it's tapping at the door!

I've seen evidence that the earth is turning its face back toward the sun and soon, Spring will be here again. The first timid crocuses have popped up from the frost. The first brave Spring flowers might even bloom if the weatherman's predictions of fifties and sixties this weekend come true.

The local sunset is now after 6:00 pm. This means that I no longer have to come home, drop everything, pee quickly and arm my pockets with dog treats then put the collar on Daisy the Mutt and rush out the door to the park.

The full squad of my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates report to Spring Training tomorrow. Will this be THE year?

I saw folks tapping the maple trees in their sugarbush this morning. Sugarbush is a term used to describe a grove of maple trees or that strip club out by the airport. Some still use galvanized steel buckets, but most use a system of yellow plastic tubes running from each tapped tree to a collecting station. Soon sugar houses will start boiling down the sap and producing Ohio maple syrup and candies.

I heard the song of a robin red breast yesterday during my walk. A pleasant welcome considering I have heard only flocks of Canadian Geese swoosh over head while they clatter away or the persistent telegraph like tapping of woodpeckers.

Spring ain't sprung yet, but it's tapping at the door!

I am really worried about losing apples and other fruits with the early warm weather. A couple of bad frosts could be very disasterous.

More money to go out...... The Prius needs new front brake pads, just under $200 and it needs a new windshield, $240...... We have a $500 deductible....... Plus we need to take Jasper to the vet and have him tested (blood work), another couple of hundred bucks......... Oh happy, oh joy........ :doubt:

We now only need to go to Benson for his blood drawn once a week for his blood thinner readings.
Nice, I don't like going to Tucson. Also we can see the 2nd heart surgeon at the Benson Hospital next month.

Well, you knew it wouldn't be all good news. :p

More down time is always good news!!
I like it here. :p
I was getting a little haggered around the edges there from all the running around I had to do. :biggrin:

Well, you knew it wouldn't be all good news. :p

More down time is always good news!!
I like it here. :p
I was getting a little haggered around the edges there from all the running around I had to do. :biggrin:

Peach here is the reason why you might be a little "haggard"... Stay out of those Big Cities...

Forum List

Back