🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Tomorrow night we are entertaining my aunt (age 90 but looks and acts 60), my cousin (her sister's daughter), the cousin's daughter and grandson (age 12) from Wichita who are visiting. Dinner will be my house specialty bar-b-qued pork loin, house specialty potato salad, house specialty baked beans, and cole slaw (probably a Dole cole slaw kit because I haven't been able to improve on the texture or taste--it's pretty wonderful.)

Still deciding on a no hassle but great dessert. If Albertsons has fresh strawberries, may go with a strawberry shortcake something or other.
Sometimes I wish Iived closer to my family. Not that they would visit, even if I lived next door. It would be nice to see some of them sometimes, though. They're always pointing out how expensive it is to come to Alaska...yeah, I guess I know because it costs at least that much to go "down there".

I live about six blocks from my niece who I see maybe three or four times a year--we see our son and family who lives five-1/2 hours away at least that much. :) I live a couple of miles from my sister that I might see once a month. I live about 5 miles from my aunt that I try to see a least once a week just to be sure she's okay. Our daughter in California we see maybe a couple of times a year.

Families that visit a lot see each other regardless of distance. And those who don't crave the up close and personal interaction don't seem to visit each other no matter how close they live.
My daughter and granddaughters are in Japan. While I'm working on getting a passport, crossing international boundaries is a big deal for most countries. I wish I could afford to fly them back here, or that they could afford to come back, but thousands of dollars is not always that easy. I am proud of the fact that my daughter has been (and continues to be) an at-home mother who tends more to her children s' and husband's needs than her own. I always told her, regardless of your choices in life, always be the best you can be, she's done that...and excellently!
My siblings...not so much. Some have visited me here, some have not. Sobeit. I cannot afford either time nor money to fly South to visit. They know where I am.
I switch residences in Charlotte and Ft worth every 2 or 3 months for the past 10 years because of our only grandson. My son lives in Charlotte and I see him often. My brother Bloodrock44 lives near Raleigh and I avoid him as much as possible cause he always wants money.

In other words when Hoss leaves Texas he becomes Worth-less. Then he comes to Charlotte to be a Charlatan.

:scared1:

The last 50 or 60 posts have mainly been about different concoctions that we have tried sometime in our lives... Some of them I would try and more than likely enjoy... I would try all of them... Having an open mind re: food has always been a thing with me... Very few things I have tried in my life, I refuse to try again... I have eaten liver everyway it can be fixed and every byproduct of the organ... Just can't stomach liver, but I have tried it... Can not think of anything else I do not like and believe me I have eaten everything from fish eyes to calf brains... Beef Tongue is a great meal... Expand your horizons CS's and try some new delicacies...

When you are as picky an eater as I am, trying anything is a terrible idea. :p

Beware of iced milk, one relative of my grandma died, because of drank cold milk after the summer day...
In villages here you could buy a 3 liter of natural milk for about of 1$ - it's very tasty, but non-comfortable for some stomaches... :) Milk from shops not so tasty...
I have milk with cereal maybe two or three times a week.

Me too, plus oatmeal once in awhile.
I don't use milk in oatmeal, I do however use fruits, maple syrup and a little canola butter. Also I occasionally add pecans or walnuts.

Gotta have the milk, but no butter or syrup. There's a Truvia brown suger product out that reduces the calories by 75%. Not half bad, we add someheart-healthy, California walnuts to the oatmeal. Anybody else see those commercials?
I tried Truvia before but can't get past the after taste.

Split it with something real --- that's what I do in coffee. A sprinkle of Truvia and a drop of agave syrup. No aftertaste and I cut my sugar intake not out but at least down.

I have milk with cereal maybe two or three times a week.

I don't use milk in oatmeal, I do however use fruits, maple syrup and a little canola butter. Also I occasionally add pecans or walnuts.

Gotta have the milk, but no butter or syrup. There's a Truvia brown suger product out that reduces the calories by 75%. Not half bad, we add someheart-healthy, California walnuts to the oatmeal. Anybody else see those commercials?

Split it with something real --- that's what I do in coffee. A sprinkle of Truvia and a drop of agave syrup. No aftertaste and I cut my sugar intake not out but at least down.
My sugar intake is almost nil, the challenge I have is carbs, love carbs with all sorts of bad stuff on them.

I'm sitting here laughing at the wife. They just reported Brady's jersey has been found and who's behind it, she's yelling at the TV; "It's just a friggin' jersey!! Who the f**k cares!!" :lol:

My sugar intake is almost nil, the challenge I have is carbs, love carbs with all sorts of bad stuff on them.
The more you eat, the more you crave them too. Try staying carb free for one week, you'll feel surprisingly not hungry at the end of the week.

I'm sitting here laughing at the wife. They just reported Brady's jersey has been found and who's behind it, she's yelling at the TV; "It's just a friggin' jersey!! Who the f**k cares!!" :lol:
I agree but the jersey is valued at $500,000. I don't know how or why though.

The more you eat, the more you crave them too. Try staying carb free for one week, you'll feel surprisingly not hungry at the end of the week.
I've done low carb before, it took about three weeks to eventually not feel exhausted and constipated. Once I broke the barrier I wound up losing 30 pounds in three months.

Tomorrow night we are entertaining my aunt (age 90 but looks and acts 60), my cousin (her sister's daughter), the cousin's daughter and grandson (age 12) from Wichita who are visiting. Dinner will be my house specialty bar-b-qued pork loin, house specialty potato salad, house specialty baked beans, and cole slaw (probably a Dole cole slaw kit because I haven't been able to improve on the texture or taste--it's pretty wonderful.)

Still deciding on a no hassle but great dessert. If Albertsons has fresh strawberries, may go with a strawberry shortcake something or other.
Sometimes I wish Iived closer to my family. Not that they would visit, even if I lived next door. It would be nice to see some of them sometimes, though. They're always pointing out how expensive it is to come to Alaska...yeah, I guess I know because it costs at least that much to go "down there".

I live about six blocks from my niece who I see maybe three or four times a year--we see our son and family who lives five-1/2 hours away at least that much. :) I live a couple of miles from my sister that I might see once a month. I live about 5 miles from my aunt that I try to see a least once a week just to be sure she's okay. Our daughter in California we see maybe a couple of times a year.

Families that visit a lot see each other regardless of distance. And those who don't crave the up close and personal interaction don't seem to visit each other no matter how close they live.
My daughter and granddaughters are in Japan. While I'm working on getting a passport, crossing international boundaries is a big deal for most countries. I wish I could afford to fly them back here, or that they could afford to come back, but thousands of dollars is not always that easy. I am proud of the fact that my daughter has been (and continues to be) an at-home mother who tends more to her children s' and husband's needs than her own. I always told her, regardless of your choices in life, always be the best you can be, she's done that...and excellently!
My siblings...not so much. Some have visited me here, some have not. Sobeit. I cannot afford either time nor money to fly South to visit. They know where I am.
I switch residences in Charlotte and Ft worth every 2 or 3 months for the past 10 years because of our only grandson. My son lives in Charlotte and I see him often. My brother Bloodrock44 lives near Raleigh and I avoid him as much as possible cause he always wants money.
My daughter and family lived near Charlotte while SIL went to Special Forces training. She hated it. I guess things have changed a great deal since I lived in NC. I grew up (mostly) in and around Jacksonville. People then and there were civil and decent to one another. Charlotte nowadays...not so much. I confess, I don't miss the spiders and snakes.

I agree but the jersey is valued at $500,000. I don't know how or why though.
I wonder how much I could get for my dirty laundry?

The last 50 or 60 posts have mainly been about different concoctions that we have tried sometime in our lives... Some of them I would try and more than likely enjoy... I would try all of them... Having an open mind re: food has always been a thing with me... Very few things I have tried in my life, I refuse to try again... I have eaten liver everyway it can be fixed and every byproduct of the organ... Just can't stomach liver, but I have tried it... Can not think of anything else I do not like and believe me I have eaten everything from fish eyes to calf brains... Beef Tongue is a great meal... Expand your horizons CS's and try some new delicacies...

Naw, we're too old to worry about trying new delicacies though I'll taste anything reported to be edible once. But Hombre and I both enjoy such a wide variety of culinary delights that we don't have time for all that we would like to enjoy.

He shares your dislike for liver though. Just can't eat it. So I have to get my liver and onions fix when we're out and about. I don't make it at home.
My Mom used to get her liver fix away from home, too. My dad could not even stand the smell of liver cooking. I've only had liver once that I liked. I do eat braunschweiger, trimmed with raw onion and mustard on dark bread. Mostly, I'll cook up organ meats for the cats.

My daughter and family lived near Charlotte while SIL went to Special Forces training. She hated it. I guess things have changed a great deal since I lived in NC. I grew up (mostly) in and around Jacksonville. People then and there were civil and decent to one another. Charlotte nowadays...not so much. I confess, I don't miss the spiders and snakes.
I live in privileged, white, gated communities.:biggrin:
Charlotte's just like any other city these days with good and bad places. Texas is more civil and decent.

This is the time of year I come to you with an appeal. Everyone here and, if your town is like mine, most of your neighbors proudly fly the American flag from their property. A flag jutting out from the front porch or flapping briskly from a forty foot pole in your back yard, we love to fly our flag.

A dirty, tattered, faded American flag is disrespectful, in my humble opinion. This Spring fly a new, bright beautiful flag. Our neighbors who are members of the American Legion have a website:

Outdoor-AmericanLegionFlags.com

The flags they offer, and it's a bunch of flags, are American made. Buying an American flag made in China is like listening on the radio to the Opening Ceremonies at the Olympics. You get the experience, I guess, but not the whole experience.

You can designate an American Legion Post in your hometown to get a piece of the action. The American Legion sponsors youth baseball leagues in your hometown. That's, hopefully, where the kids are and not staring blankly at a screen, like you are now! Gottcha!

Let's fly a flag we are proud of for all the possible meanings of that word.

My good friend SFC Ollie turned me on to this site. He told me that the way to get rid of that flag colored rag you want to replace is to take your worn out flags to the American Legion Post near you and they will respectfully dispose of them.

Last edited:
What happened to it?

Brady's Jersey disappeared right after the Super Bowl and there has been a nationwide hunt for it including threats of felony conviction, huge fines, and prison time for the thief or thieves who took it. Apparently such a garment worn by the winning quarterback is worth major big bucks.

Naw, we're too old to worry about trying new delicacies though I'll taste anything reported to be edible once. But Hombre and I both enjoy such a wide variety of culinary delights that we don't have time for all that we would like to enjoy.

He shares your dislike for liver though. Just can't eat it. So I have to get my liver and onions fix when we're out and about. I don't make it at home.
My Mom used to get her liver fix away from home, too. My dad could not even stand the smell of liver cooking. I've only had liver once that I liked. I do eat braunschweiger, trimmed with raw onion and mustard on dark bread. Mostly, I'll cook up organ meats for the cats.

My mother was a depression era mother who could make a 5 star gourmet meal out of a soda cracker, bouillon cube, and a couple of wilted carrots. She would come see us when I was really under the gun at work and near exhaustion and I would swear there was nothing at all in the house to fix for dinner. She would rummage in the cabinets and fridge for a bit and the next thing we knew, there would be a good hot meal on the table.

She made wonderful meals, but her crowning achievement in my book was liver and onions that were so full of flavor and literally melted in your mouth. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Unfortunately she died before I could stand at her elbow to see just how she did it. I have tried and tried to duplicate her recipe and it just isn't the same.

I've done low carb before, it took about three weeks to eventually not feel exhausted and constipated. Once I broke the barrier I wound up losing 30 pounds in three months.

I did Atkins and other low carb regimes way back when too and you do lose weight. Unfortunately it won't stay off once you start eating normally again.

Miracle whip while grilling cheese sandwiches. Yum!
Miracle whip in tuna on a sandwich. Extra yum!
Eating cinnamon candies at the same time with chocolate m&ms. Drool.
Fried green beans with bacon and onion. Like hashbrowns, so make the green beans crispy! Ah. Superb!

Meanwhile....rain. Rain rain rain. Lots and lots of rain. Later this afternoon, thunder and lightening..and more rain. I am so sick of rain.

Include the hashbrowns in there while you're at it.
And a scrambled egg. With Tumeric... and cheese. Maybe roll it all up in a flour tortilla.

One of our favorite breakfasts is seasoned scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and/or sausage, seasoned fried potatoes (generally seasoned with onion salt while frying in very little oil), green chili, shredded cheese, and a great salsa. Everybody piles what they want of these ingredients on a large flour tortilla, roll it up, and voila! One of the best breakfast or lunch or dinner burritos you'll ever eat.

Wow, the Coffee Shop has really been jumping today. I had to go back a half dozen or more pages to find last night's vigil list to post tonight. I don't mind that at all though. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Yesterday was the vernal equinox and today was our first full day of spring.
162284-It-s-The-First-Day-Of-Spring.jpg

Forum List

Back