🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Actually that's mourning doves, with a U. Named for their plaintive wistful sound. :)

Ah, thank you for the correction. I'm not a bird watcher, but I do love those sweet soft grey doves. One year, I saw over a dozen of them in the persimmon tree that hangs over into our yard. So beautiful.
Their call is the purr of the bird world. Pigeons are pretty close.

I agree. But while I dislike the bird bullies--grackles, jays, crows etc. when they are in bully mode--I think pigeons might be my least favorite of all common birds. When flocks settle on rooftops or congregate over walkways, driveways, etc. they make such an offensive mess.

I can't stand pigeons - but Canadian geese are The Worst. Filthy and disgusting. Bleah.
So the poop gets to you.
Pigeons are pretty--ever notice their feathers are luminescent in the sun and their song is such a soft, gentle coo. I love the way their right leg seems to be attached to their neck, and when the leg goes forward the neck sticks out. Funny. Sorry they poop, but we all gotta sometime.

I've been pooped on numerous times, mostly by pigeons, lol. A few times by my own babies.

If I'm below a pigeon, it's going to poop on me...that's a fact. :)

Well Plumber just called to reschedule for tomorrow between 11-1...oh well, it's not urgent.

I might even fix it myself...give it another try. :)
What's the plumbing problem?

My disposal, can't reset the button and my sink isn't draining...I got lots of help from members on here but I'm just not able to do it.
Do you have a crow bar or any fairly long heavy metal bar? You can use that to turn the blades which might be stuck. The other thing to do first is check the circuit breaker and make sure the breaker for the disposal hasn't tripped.
Oh and make sure the disposal is turned off if you use a bar of some kind to turn the blades........ Turn it back on after you've freed up the cutting blades to see if it worked.

Well Plumber just called to reschedule for tomorrow between 11-1...oh well, it's not urgent.

My disposal, can't reset the button and my sink isn't draining...I got lots of help from members on here but I'm just not able to do it.
Do you have a crow bar or any fairly long heavy metal bar? You can use that to turn the blades which might be stuck. The other thing to do first is check the circuit breaker and make sure the breaker for the disposal hasn't tripped.

Crowbar.. me? Ha ha ha I can't even use the little tool thingy.

I did try the circuit breaker awhile ago.

I'm helpless :)

I will pay close attention though when the plumber comes out...next time, I will do it!!

Ah, thank you for the correction. I'm not a bird watcher, but I do love those sweet soft grey doves. One year, I saw over a dozen of them in the persimmon tree that hangs over into our yard. So beautiful.

I agree. But while I dislike the bird bullies--grackles, jays, crows etc. when they are in bully mode--I think pigeons might be my least favorite of all common birds. When flocks settle on rooftops or congregate over walkways, driveways, etc. they make such an offensive mess.

I can't stand pigeons - but Canadian geese are The Worst. Filthy and disgusting. Bleah.
So the poop gets to you.
Pigeons are pretty--ever notice their feathers are luminescent in the sun and their song is such a soft, gentle coo. I love the way their right leg seems to be attached to their neck, and when the leg goes forward the neck sticks out. Funny. Sorry they poop, but we all gotta sometime.

I've been pooped on numerous times, mostly by pigeons, lol. A few times by my own babies.

how_birds_see_world.jpg

Crowbar.. me? Ha ha ha I can't even use the little tool thingy.

I did try the circuit breaker awhile ago.

I'm helpless :)
See, that's why ya need a man around to "loosen" things up......... :eusa_whistle:

:lol:

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg
Nice photo.

Nice bar too.

Hi yiostheoy. I found you on our register list so I know you've been here at least once before, but it is definitely been awhile. Happy to see you popped in again. :)

Actually that's mourning doves, with a U. Named for their plaintive wistful sound. :)

So the poop gets to you.

I agree they're pretty. They taste good too if you have a cook that really knows how to cook them. :)

But we had dozens and dozens of them roosting and nesting on our building back in Kansas. They messed up everybody's cars who were parked anywhere within a 100 feet, and the smell from their mess was drawn into the building via the ventilation system. Plus the nest were creating a fire hazard. I would send maintenance up to clean things up and get rid of the nests, but it was traumatizing to them to kill the babies in the nest. And since I wasn't willing to do that either, I couldn't insist. But it was really really bad.

I agree they're pretty. They taste good too if you have a cook that really knows how to cook them. :)

But we had dozens and dozens of them roosting and nesting on our building back in Kansas. They messed up everybody's cars who were parked anywhere within a 100 feet, and the smell from their mess was drawn into the building via the ventilation system. Plus the nest were creating a fire hazard. I would send maintenance up to clean things up and get rid of the nests, but it was traumatizing to them to kill the babies in the nest. And since I wasn't willing to do that either, I couldn't insist. But it was really really bad.

Yucko

The planned move up to Albuquerque area is proceeding apace. Visited the Credit Union this morning and found out I qualify on my own for 135K though the monthly payments would be much higher than I could manage right now so we're looking up to 125K with a 50K down payment, that would make the payments much more affordable and get us a house that's not beat up. The wife is looking exclusively for jobs in and around Albuquerque and once she's employed we can most likely double up our monthly payments and do some minor remodeling/upgrades.

When you schedule a day here to look around let us know. Be sure to hire a realtor you trust to get you into a neighborhood that is reasonably tolerable. I can recommend.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
SFC Ollie and his special project.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Albuquerque
IMG_4770.jpg

The planned move up to Albuquerque area is proceeding apace. Visited the Credit Union this morning and found out I qualify on my own for 135K though the monthly payments would be much higher than I could manage right now so we're looking up to 125K with a 50K down payment, that would make the payments much more affordable and get us a house that's not beat up. The wife is looking exclusively for jobs in and around Albuquerque and once she's employed we can most likely double up our monthly payments and do some minor remodeling/upgrades.

When you schedule a day here to look around let us know. Be sure to hire a realtor you trust to get you into a neighborhood that is reasonably tolerable. I can recommend.
After looking at the 145 listings he's already sent us we know that we would prefer Rio Rancho but the best deals we've seen so far (price, lot size and sqr footage) are in Los Lunas though there is a nice one up in Tijeras that she likes. If we want Rio Rancho we'll probably have to settle for slightly smaller with a little less land and just a little more money, we'll see........
Pretty much decided we don't want to be in Albuquerque proper, little houses for big money on small lots.

After looking at the 145 listings he's already sent us we know that we would prefer Rio Rancho but the best deals we've seen so far (price, lot size and sqr footage) are in Los Lunas though there is a nice one up in Tijeras that she likes. If we want Rio Rancho we'll probably have to settle for slightly smaller with a little less land and just a little more money, we'll see........

Yes, Rio Rancho is a great little city, and you can commute from Los Lunas pretty much as quickly as you can from Rio Rancho depending where in Albquerque you are going. I would prefer Rio Rancho myself just for the closeness to doctors, hospitals, other amenities, etc. but Los Lunas has everything somebody might need too.

Seriously guys, given that Mrs. R does plan to work and all, I would not buy in Tijeras or anywhere else in the east mountains. During the long drought we've had, it is rare that the roads out there or I-40 through the canyon into the city are closed due to weather, but the weather already seems to be changing. And driving that canyon on slick roads, even when it isn't closed, is just not fun for long and in a snowy winter they can close for some time. And for a medical emergency there can be a very long wait.

When we were younger and stronger, it was fun out there. But now we sure wouldn't want to cope with the wells, septic systems, propane tanks, and necessity of having a wood stove or fireplace when you lose power out there.

Yes, Rio Rancho is a great little city, and you can commute from Los Lunas pretty much as quickly as you can from Rio Rancho depending where in Albquerque you are going. I would prefer Rio Rancho myself just for the closeness to doctors, hospitals, other amenities, etc. but Los Lunas has everything somebody might need too.

Seriously guys, given that Mrs. R does plan to work and all, I would not buy in Tijeras or anywhere else in the east mountains. During the long drought we've had, it is rare that the roads out there or I-40 through the canyon into the city are closed due to weather, but the weather already seems to be changing. And driving that canyon on slick roads, even when it isn't closed, is just not fun for long and in a snowy winter they can close for some time. And for a medical emergency there can be a very long wait.

When we were younger and stronger, it was fun out there. But now we sure wouldn't want to cope with the wells, septic systems, propane tanks, and necessity of having a wood stove or fireplace when you lose power out there.
I figured Tijeras would be problematic for a myriad of reasons and after I explained the issues she agreed it wouldn't work for us.

So the poop gets to you.

how_birds_see_world.jpg

Do you know a story about sculptures of beautiful girl and young man, standing at park nearby and looking on each other for a long centuries? Once one wizard in romantic mood gave them a ten minutes to realize their most treasured desire. They have thanked him and went to near bushes. Ten minutes later the wizard decided to check, what they do... He have heared from behind the bushes "now, you hold this birds and I will shit at their heads too..."

Don't get me wrong. I just appreciate a simple life. I'm really PO'd that my a-hole partner has acquired a microwave oven for the place. He can also not envision living without TV/cable. One of his friends will leave Willow to come back to Anchorage to watch his team play...I'm not sure what they play, but this guy has to see it. So, we have to have to offer games at the cabin so my partner's buddy will stay around. Dumb shit, IMHO. Personally, I appreciate not having all the extraneous crap we have burdened ourselves with. I use cast iron cook ware and re-heat pizza (rare treat) on the wood burner. It's loads better than a microwave, the crust is crispy and still tasty. Re-heated in the mic...soggy and unappetizing. Just me, I guess.
What about board games? Gaming unplugged. Nothing but cardboard and the occasional piece of plastic.

Might I suggest one of my favorites, a game called Splendor.

Here's a little about it: Splendor | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

It's not as good as reheated pizza on a wood burning stove, but it might be entertaining enough to keep the television off for a while!
Backgammon is the most exciting.

Chess is a good calmer after backgammon.

Solitaire with cards is great for when you are alone.

Nothing beats poker however.

Poker needs a money to play. Durak is better for playing free...:)

Yucko

Kat, I need a cup of coffee right now and intend to have it. Would you want to have a one simultaniously? I'm inviting you! :)

Yucko

Kat, I need a cup of coffee right now and intend to have it. Would you want to have a one simultaniously? I'm inviting you! :)

Absolutely, and thank you!

A sad day here. The expectant doe finally birthed her kids. The first one came just fine, the second was less fortunate because its head was turned back over its flank. I had to assist and of course its neck was broken, so it was stillborn. Two really BIG kids, too. Now, I'm concerned because the mom has not passed the placenta like she should have. I'm doing what I can, but it remains to be seen how things will turn out. At least the one kid has been feeding well, getting colostrum and staying warm.
It's been staying above freezing and everything is melting...what a mess! But it happens every year and is not unexpected, just a PITA.

A sad day here. The expectant doe finally birthed her kids. The first one came just fine, the second was less fortunate because its head was turned back over its flank. I had to assist and of course its neck was broken, so it was stillborn. Two really BIG kids, too. Now, I'm concerned because the mom has not passed the placenta like she should have. I'm doing what I can, but it remains to be seen how things will turn out. At least the one kid has been feeding well, getting colostrum and staying warm.
It's been staying above freezing and everything is melting...what a mess! But it happens every year and is not unexpected, just a PITA.

Take a beer or something else and have a good relax! Early spring weather is not so good, all is melting and dirty... But some days later it would be warm and dry! Here all snow already gone with a rains and now is excellent, dry and fresh weather with about 50F! Hope, this weather will share to you place too...

So the poop gets to you.

LOL. Poor CeeCee! Around here it's the seagulls we keep an eye on. We only have a small community of pigeons here because the gulls hog most everything, and do the most p-bombing.

Forum List

Back