USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sherry went with her Mom to an oncologist today. About a week ago a tumor was found in her Mom's right lung. The oncologist confirmed today she has small cell lung cancer. The prognosis is two months with no treatment...with treatment there is about a 20% probability of remission. She decided to start chemo and radiation immediately at the doctor's recommendation.

Sherry's Mom is an amazing person. I know the cliche that you're not supposed to like your Mother-in-Law, but I am truly blessed to have a relationship with such a wonderful person.

I know Gracie has been open regarding her battle with cancer.....I am sure many of you have family members or people close to you who have confronted the disease. Any good thoughts and prayers you can send to Sherry's Mom would be appreciated.

Thanks
My best thoughts, wishes, and hopes coming Sherry's Mom's way.

Argh! It's a bit to warm to comfortably work outside. I know that lots of you think 65 is pleasant, but for me it means sweat running down both sides and almost unbearable heat. We've been getting up early and working while it's comfortable, and trying to get in a bit more later, when it's not so hot. Fortunately, it stays light enough to work until close to midnight right now.

The night before yesterday and last night was hell, I felt like death warmed over, coughing so much I had to sleep propped up which means the muscles around my diaphragm hurt not to mention the fever. Today I feel a little better, not as much coughing with tons of sinus drainage but still head achy and weak.
The good news is we just got word we were approved for the house up in Albuquerque so even though I'm nor well I have to hit the ground running........ Not fun.........

The night before yesterday and last night was hell, I felt like death warmed over, coughing so much I had to sleep propped up which means the muscles around my diaphragm hurt not to mention the fever. Today I feel a little better, not as much coughing with tons of sinus drainage but still head achy and weak.
The good news is we just got word we were approved for the house up in Albuquerque so even though I'm nor well I have to hit the ground running........ Not fun.........
Good luck, Ringel. You guys have gone through so much, perhaps this will prove to be the last lap?

Argh! It's a bit to warm to comfortably work outside. I know that lots of you think 65 is pleasant, but for me it means sweat running down both sides and almost unbearable heat. We've been getting up early and working while it's comfortable, and trying to get in a bit more later, when it's not so hot. Fortunately, it stays light enough to work until close to midnight right now.

65 here right now and Hombre and I are both in sweatshirts and I'm running my little desk heater. :)

If you're running fever you have more than a head cold. You really REALLY should call the doc for a high powered short term antibiotic because you probably have this bronchitis junk that everybody has right now. Hombre wound up in urgent care with his but did avoid going to the hospital again.

If you're running fever you have more than a head cold. You really REALLY should call the doc for a high powered short term antibiotic because you probably have this bronchitis junk that everybody has right now. Hombre wound up in urgent care with his but did avoid going to the hospital again.
It's a flu bug, went back to bed right after that post and just woke up. Musta needed the sleep.

65 here right now and Hombre and I are both in sweatshirts and I'm running my little desk heater. :)

We got up to about 90 today. The little one had a friend over for a play date and the three of us went in the pool.

Pretty cool today--it finally made it up to 70. Our 42 game is at our house tomorrow and they're projecting 67 for a high tomorrow. I just called our guests to tell them to dress warmly. We've already had our heat shut down for the summer.

I'm pretty sure this is a low grade fever associated with a cat bite. Yeah, I know, I know...I should check with a doc. But I've been soaking it in epsom baths and apply topical antibiotic, both of which are helping. I'm just hoping get back on track by the time I have to go to work.

Pretty cool today--it finally made it up to 70. Our 42 game is at our house tomorrow and they're projecting 67 for a high tomorrow. I just called our guests to tell them to dress warmly. We've already had our heat shut down for the summer.
Hee-hee...dress warmly? For 67 degrees. I'm a bucket of sweat at 67, barely able to move out of the shade! Today is a reasonable 55F, or so. Gotta love the differences to which people become acclimated.

About feeling better........ Been coming on and off in waves, not feeling too bad to feeling terrible again. Kinda expected it as that's the typical run of the flu after the worst is over, at least with me it is. A few more days and I should be over this.
Tomorrow I start scheduling everything, Pack Rats and shutting off the utilities. The wife has been feeling much better so she's packing up what we don't use all the time in the kitchen and other items.

I am in the middle. Tshirt with 65 for sure. Unbearable has to do with humidity and heat. Probably north of 95.

DAHM6bUVwAA9pA4.jpg

This is not a gif and no square is actually moving.

Hee-hee...dress warmly? For 67 degrees. I'm a bucket of sweat at 67, barely able to move out of the shade! Today is a reasonable 55F, or so. Gotta love the differences to which people become acclimated.

67 in the sun here is very pleasant. In the shade though or inside the house, unless you're up and moving, I want a sweater.

My knee replacement surgery is being arranged. Will go to my civilian orthopedic doctor on June 8 in Ft. Worth to start the process. Approved by VA to use my Veterans Choice program. Uncle Sam ain't so bad after all.

Replace it with an elbow. I have needed three arms more than once.

My knee replacement surgery is being arranged. Will go to my civilian orthopedic doctor on June 8 in Ft. Worth to start the process. Approved by VA to use my Veterans Choice program. Uncle Sam ain't so bad after all.

The surgery is on June 8? Or the initial consultation?

Forum List

Back