USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ringel05 - I was raised in Suffolk, Va so I shouldnā€™t have problems finding you in Norfolk. Back in my Navy days I was stationed on 5 ships in Norfolk. Iā€™ll be on the way as soon as I can get packed and after I help my buddy catch all of his ducks. A big tree limb fell on his duck pen and the ducks all went on vacation.
Then you should recognize the address......... Norfolk Naval Station Galley....... :eusa_whistle:
:D
Yep, I do remember. How you been doin' 05?

Ringel05 - I was raised in Suffolk, Va so I shouldnā€™t have problems finding you in Norfolk. Back in my Navy days I was stationed on 5 ships in Norfolk. Iā€™ll be on the way as soon as I can get packed and after I help my buddy catch all of his ducks. A big tree limb fell on his duck pen and the ducks all went on vacation.
Then you should recognize the address......... Norfolk Naval Station Galley....... :eusa_whistle:
You were at Norfolk? I drove through there quite often on the way to VA Beach......... :D

Woke up to a strange sight, something white covering the ground. Something in the back of my mind tells me it looks familiar but I just can't remember.

You were at Norfolk? I drove through there quite often on the way to VA Beach......... :D
Military brat. Not a contractor. I went to ODU.

Military brat also. Boot and A School in San Diego then Rodman Naval Station, 15th Naval District Panama.

Military brat also. Boot and A School in San Diego then Rodman Naval Station, 15th Naval District Panama.
Wow. My parents trotted us out in Ireland, Panama and finally Norfolk. Enlisted is the differentiation I guess? Long time past.

Wow. My parents trotted us out in Ireland, Panama and finally Norfolk. Enlisted is the differentiation I guess? Long time past.
Started kindergarten in Guam, spent some time on Wake Island, 5th and 6th grade Clark Air Base in the Philippines then graduated HS on Taiwan. The rest of the time all over the US. Dad started out enlisted Air Force ended up a Warrant Officer Army. I was in Taiwan (1972) when I signed up for the Navy then sent to Subic Bay to enlist.

Started kindergarten in Guam, spent some time on Wake Island, 5th and 6th grade Clark Air Base in the Philippines then graduated HS on Taiwan. The rest of the time all over the US. Dad started out enlisted Air Force ended up a Warrant Officer Army. I was in Taiwan (1972) when I signed up for the Navy then sent to Subic Bay to enlist.
Cheers my Friend!

Welcome to the Coffee Shop Erinwltr . So happy you found us and joined right in. Good group here. Just read through the OP to see what we are all about and you automatically become one of a special family here. Sounds like you and Ringel have a lot in common. I just now learned some things about him I didn't know. :) What part of the country or which country are you living now?

Anyhow first timer's to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage and again, welcome.

web-shutterstock_285701987.jpg

Spent the last two days doing no painting because I did not know how to paint the human aura. But I have decided on a transparent wash of rainbow colours. I have almost finished my current pic and am keen to start another, hopefully better painting. I plan to paint a cathedral rose window, with light rays streaming down on an angel that is praying beneath it. I have learned how to do light rays on my present picture. You paint the background and let it dry. Then you paint the light rays over it with a thin wash of white streaks.

I had another vision trip earlier. When I close my eyes I see a stream of images that appear to be a few feet in front of my eyes. Lately they have been of angels and cathedrals. I don't know if the spirit world is trying to inspire me, or if its my subconscious mind. Those of you who do not believe in the spirit world will assume the latter. But what ever is causing it, I like it, and its better that television, or drink or drugs.

My big brother's ship went to Subic Bay a lot. Thanks for your service to our country, Ringle.

Spent the last two days doing no painting because I did not know how to paint the human aura. But I have decided on a transparent wash of rainbow colours. I have almost finished my current pic and am keen to start another, hopefully better painting. I plan to paint a cathedral rose window, with light rays streaming down on an angel that is praying beneath it. I have learned how to do light rays on my present picture. You paint the background and let it dry. Then you paint the light rays over it with a thin wash of white streaks.

I had another vision trip earlier. When I close my eyes I see a stream of images that appear to be a few feet in front of my eyes. Lately they have been of angels and cathedrals. I don't know if the spirit world is trying to inspire me, or if its my subconscious mind. Those of you who do not believe in the spirit world will assume the latter. But what ever is causing it, I like it, and its better that television, or drink or drugs.
Thanks for sharing your joyous spiritual insight, Daj. I think there's a reason for it, and hope you work it out on canvas so it may be shared with those who may see and be touched/blessed by it. Prayers up! :eusa_pray:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogoā€™s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R for strength and confidence as she awaits impending surgery.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Christmas Train. Canadian Pacific Railroad
Train.jpg

Victory over the washing machine issues! It needed a new timer and I installed it about one wash load ago. ;) Hitting all the cycle now. Repaired the dish washer two days ago, it also had a timer problem. Now it has a tablet release problem. Most likely brought on by the repairman. Oops. Got to watch a video and figure out what happened there. Guessing a release arm is not of position.

Forum List

Back