USMB Coffee Shop IV

Another visit with the primary oncologist, he had the tumor board meeting and the primary consensus is currently surgery followed up with chemo is the best approach. She has 4 nodes (masses), on large one on the left kidney, one on the spleen, one in one lung and one in the pleura (lung lining). They're thinking it's only four nodes but even then surgery will be somewhat extensive and we may have to go to Dallas, Houston or maybe Albuquerque for at least a couple of weeks. We have the appointment with the gynecological oncologist on the 20th so we'll get her input then we can make a decision.

They are going to remove all four? In one session? I would tell you to crash here if you come to Albuquerque but we will have house guests most of the month.
They will look to see if they can do a partial removal of the kidney (remove the mass only) or if the whole kidney has to come out. Most likely the spleen will have to come out and with the other two they'll just remove the mass.

Still seems like a lot for one session. But then if it can all be done in one session, I would sure want that.
It may be two surgeries a week apart, don't know yet. We still need to get more info then make a final decision. Kidney and/or spleen removal has apparently the longest recovery period, up to one week in the hospital and three to six weeks for recovery from the surgery.

Do you plan to do this in December?

Another visit with the primary oncologist, he had the tumor board meeting and the primary consensus is currently surgery followed up with chemo is the best approach. She has 4 nodes (masses), on large one on the left kidney, one on the spleen, one in one lung and one in the pleura (lung lining). They're thinking it's only four nodes but even then surgery will be somewhat extensive and we may have to go to Dallas, Houston or maybe Albuquerque for at least a couple of weeks. We have the appointment with the gynecological oncologist on the 20th so we'll get her input then we can make a decision.

They are going to remove all four? In one session? I would tell you to crash here if you come to Albuquerque but we will have house guests most of the month.
They will look to see if they can do a partial removal of the kidney (remove the mass only) or if the whole kidney has to come out. Most likely the spleen will have to come out and with the other two they'll just remove the mass.

Still seems like a lot for one session. But then if it can all be done in one session, I would sure want that.
It may be two surgeries a week apart, don't know yet. We still need to get more info then make a final decision. Kidney and/or spleen removal has apparently the longest recovery period, up to one week in the hospital and three to six weeks for recovery from the surgery.

Do you plan to do this in December?
Don't know yet.

Oh no Ringel! Cancer sucks...but she's tough and she will pull thru. She did before! My prayers are with you and yours.

Just tossed a rack of pork roast with garlic roasted potatoes in the oven.......

Rack-of-pork-GettyImages-700714681-5938d6e15f9b58d58a9e3e82.jpg

bowl-of-crispy-garlic-roasted-potatoes-1200.jpg

Just tossed a rack of pork roast with garlic roasted potatoes in the oven.......

Rack-of-pork-GettyImages-700714681-5938d6e15f9b58d58a9e3e82.jpg

bowl-of-crispy-garlic-roasted-potatoes-1200.jpg

That looks wonderful.
It was really good. The recipe called for cooking it in a 350 degree oven, 18 minutes a pound which would have been about an hour with the one I had to where a meat thermometer reads 140-145 degrees. After the the hour the thermometer barely moved so I ended up roasting it for an extra 45 minutes and it came out perfect. Had it and the potatoes with cut green beans, I'll be making this one again as long as I can get it on sale...... :thup:

Ringel05 - I was raised in Suffolk, Va so I shouldn’t have problems finding you in Norfolk. Back in my Navy days I was stationed on 5 ships in Norfolk. I’ll be on the way as soon as I can get packed and after I help my buddy catch all of his ducks. A big tree limb fell on his duck pen and the ducks all went on vacation.

Ringel05 - I was raised in Suffolk, Va so I shouldn’t have problems finding you in Norfolk. Back in my Navy days I was stationed on 5 ships in Norfolk. I’ll be on the way as soon as I can get packed and after I help my buddy catch all of his ducks. A big tree limb fell on his duck pen and the ducks all went on vacation.
Then you should recognize the address......... Norfolk Naval Station Galley....... :eusa_whistle:
:D

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R for strength and confidence as she awaits impending surgery.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

It is that time of year that Mother Nature can't decide whether it should be autumn or winter.
141002_0022.jpg

I have ordered some new stretched canvases and am expecting delivery tomorrow. In the meantime here is my favorite turner painting.

the-parting-of-here-and-leandeer.jpg

Forum List

Back