USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Birthday, Montrovant!

upload_2019-7-29_15-44-11.jpeg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Peach for healing
Ringel for healing and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges in difficult transition
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
GallantWarrior for pain relief and healing in advance of surgery.
Rod, GW's partner for recovery and help for GW dealing with that.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

Tonight and tomorrow night, if you have a good view of the night sky, competing meteor showers--Delta Aquarid and Capricornids--will produce 25 or more meteors per hour. A real treat for folks who love that.
lettera-valeria-vanzani-da-heidelberg_2018.jpeg

Dama yama ! There are finally some new PC games I would like to play, but my computer is no where near powerful enough. I could not even upgrade it because I think I would need a new motherboard to run the latest processor. Also a new power supply to support a high memory video card. I am thinking about having a top range gamer machine built, as I have enough money sitting in a cash box doing nothing.

There is a new Wolfenstein game out now, and a new Doom game coming out later this year.

AMD just put out their new processors and they are supposed to be pretty good for gaming, the Ryzen 3000 series. Also, Nvidia recently put out the Super version of their graphics cards, and AMD put out their new RX 5700 cards. I have been using Nvidia cards forever, but I'm thinking about buying an RX 5700 some time this year. It's $350 now, but maybe I can get a good Black Friday deal or something. :p
Hey, Montro! How're you doing? Seems you're pretty busy with the job, we see less of you here.

Yeah, I'm working a lot of 48 hour weeks lately. This past weekend I picked up the little one and took her to her dad's, which was probably about 3 hours of driving. We spent Friday night, Saturday, and early Sunday together. We didn't actually do much, as the little one mostly wanted to watch youtube videos, but we went out to dinner, she swam in the lake at her dad's a couple of times, and we all played some Monopoly on the Nintendo. It was nice to be able to just hang out with her a bit even if it wasn't eventful. Next time I'll have to plan something to do first, maybe bowling or a roller rink or something along those lines.

I've got a ton of TV shows and movies piling up to watch now that my days are filled with work. :lol: I'm actually getting ready to watch the first episode of a new series on Amazon called The Boys shortly. It's based on a comic book and, if it follows the comic closely, will be extremely graphic, but hopefully also funny.

I hope the situation with your partner doesn't get any more difficult (for either of you) than it has to. I'm sure it's extremely stressful to deal with.
It's wonderful that you are able to maintain a relationship with your little one. Even if you guys only cuddle, watching TV and munching popcorn, these are times she'll remember. I see these "make a moment" commercials on TV where parents, especially men, do neat things with their children. Even if you aren't her parent, you have played a significant role in her life and can hopefully continue to do so. Now that she's growing up, you can start planning more challenging activities, too. If you have a long-ish drive with her, maybe play some of the more traditional road games, like spotting license plates from different states or specific makes/models of cars?
Thanks for the good thoughts vis-à-vis the partner. Sometimes it's easier said than done when it comes to abandoning someone undergoing a difficult transition.
You take care and keep up the good work, Montro. Looking forward to reading about your ongoing adventures.

Well I found a road even more desolate than U.S. 285 between Roswell and Vaughn NM. This is Route 50 that back in the 50's ran coast to coast from Sacramento, California to Ocean City, Maryland. This portion in Nevada was dubbed "the loneliest road in America."

e027944d94e02f4cbac5ebc73f262186.jpg

Well I found a road even more desolate than U.S. 285 between Roswell and Vaughn NM. This is Route 50 that back in the 50's ran coast to coast from Sacramento, California to Ocean City, Maryland. This portion in Nevada was dubbed "the loneliest road in America."

A different venue perhaps, but this picture made me think of:
The Road Not Taken
By Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Happy Birthday, Montrovant!

View attachment 271839

Oh, no, it's not my birthday! I've still got a couple of months. I was replying to Ernie, hence the Bert & Ernie theme of the picture. :p Thanks though!
lol! I'm such a literalist, too. Just wanted to wish you well if it were your birthday, and It was hard to find a polar bear boy cake that didn't already have someone else's name on it. :D

I wonder how many people over the years have fallen asleep at the wheel and drove off into oblivion?????

But seriously (well sort of..) is that an optical illusion or is there a tall mountain on the far side that can't be seen? Or WHAT?????

I wonder how many people over the years have fallen asleep at the wheel and drove off into oblivion?????

But seriously (well sort of..) is that an optical illusion or is there a tall mountain on the far side that can't be seen? Or WHAT?????

Optical illusion I think probably created partially by shadow and partially the desert mirage kind of thing. It looks sometimes like it leaves the surface and goes into the sky, but at other times you can see the features of the land as it disappears over a distant rise. I don't believe there is any sky visible in the photo.

I posted links to the walkthrough videos of the games 'Wolfenstein youngblood' and 'Doom eternal' on the thread ' favorite PC games' in the computer forum. Having watched some of the videos I have concluded I do not want to play either of them. Doom is a bit stupid looking, and Wolfenstein does not appeal to me, because I don't want to be a girl, ( the main character is female) and the game is too complicated for me to be bothered with.

That saves me a lot of money because the games only run on high end computers, and I would have to get a new one.

Highway to Heaven........ Where's R.I.P.D.? :dunno:

Forum List

Back