USMB Coffee Shop IV

I wonder if its a bad thing if I stop thanking folks for reputation given? I spend the first twenty minutes online thanking various people for their reps, and I wonder if people would mind if I didn't thank them, but tried to return the rep when I was able?

...:)

Well, Noomi, here's the thing. Some people complain about the extra pms they get because of people thanking them for rep, and some people complain that some posters are ungrateful because they don't ever thank them when they rep them. So, who's to know.

Do what you want to do, and know that you are not going to please everyone.

Yeah, I know it can be like that. I am always eternally grateful for any reps I get, but if you find you have a good twenty when you log on, and have only half a hour to spare, all the time is spent thanking people for them.

I'll probably go back to thanking people anyway. It's just me, lol.

I wonder if its a bad thing if I stop thanking folks for reputation given? I spend the first twenty minutes online thanking various people for their reps, and I wonder if people would mind if I didn't thank them, but tried to return the rep when I was able?

...:)

Well, Noomi, here's the thing. Some people complain about the extra pms they get because of people thanking them for rep, and some people complain that some posters are ungrateful because they don't ever thank them when they rep them. So, who's to know.

Do what you want to do, and know that you are not going to please everyone.

Yeah, I know it can be like that. I am always eternally grateful for any reps I get, but if you find you have a good twenty when you log on, and have only half a hour to spare, all the time is spent thanking people for them.

I'll probably go back to thanking people anyway. It's just me, lol.

But you don't have to thank them right away. Sometimes I ignore the PMs until I have time to read them, and I thank them right away, it doesn't take but a second.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
Mertex as she prepares for the final goodbye for her friend,
Ringel and his family in transition and Mrs. Ringel's impending surgery,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I wish you a good morning as well, Newby.

I am splendid, thanks.

And I am all the more happy for your knowledge, and that you likewise get better as you go?

Wonderful!

To see you occasionally here in CS IV, would be nice!

Sincerely,

Stat

How's that? :lol:

Nicht schlecht, gar nicht so schlecht, Kumpel.

Nächste Aufgabe...

:lol:

This one I didn't even have to look up any words, only a few in the first one... :lol:

Can Kumple refer to both male and female? If only for males, then you need to find the female version... ;)

Oh, [MENTION=17441]Newby[/MENTION]:

Kumpelina!!!

:lol:

Morning !

Kitty Say's "I gotz to haz my morning chocolate". :)

0lrbjeT.jpg

This made me giggle. I think I might have posted sometime back that our Siamese mama cat would do that. We had a corner table unit in our kitchen with an L-shaped bench against the wall and chairs on the outside. Mama kitty would stealthily creep up onto that bench and keep her head low so she would be invisible. And then we would see one black tipped paw come up over the edge and feel around trying to hook a pork chop or piece of chicken or whatever was there.

My Sherman does that now. I had a bag of jerky on the table, sharing it with the dog. Shortly, that stealthy paw appeared, hooked a piece of jerky on to the floor, where it quickly became something of a soccer toy, since cats don't really "do" jerky the same way the dog does.
My little black and white livestock likes to smack her double dish every time I pick it up to feed her, and invariably there's a little water left in the water side because she prefers to get her drink from the tap with a little stream running out, so when she smacks the dish she spills water, every time. So I've been telling her, "watch out," so this morning she finally GENTLY tapped her bowl, and didn't spill any water... I had to laugh. She finally learned.

I do like having a class when you figure out a mistake you are making before your Sensei tells you. :)

Oy. Wasn't trying to awake bad feelings in anyone, really, I wasn't.

I must admit, I know very little of Miley Cyrus. Sorry if the pic offended some sensibilities.

Usually I get bullseyes around here with cool pics....

:)

not complaining about your post stat. no issues there at all. persoannly i am disapponted in miley. I think she used to be a positive role model for kids. i'm not sure what happened, whether it was to jumps start here career, prove to the world she was an adult or whatever. But IMO she gives a very bad model for young ladies to follow, which is who she appeals too. Maybe I'm getting old fashion in my old age. Or maybe its that i see first hand the issues many of my friends are having with their teenage daughters and I see with teen age girls in general. I think they are being bombarded with the wrong values in our current culture. and miley has become part of that wrong message. She has a huge following and its not my place to judge others. I would just rather see people with that much influence sending a better message.

I can understand that sentiment.

Like I said, I know almost nothing about her, and had no idea that posting one pic of her would cause some discomfort. Perhaps this was a good learning experience for us. I am certainly not upset that people were somehow upset by a picture, it's all part of the first amendment experience, but I am thankful that you gave an explanation as to why this was a problem for some people.

That being said, for every celeb who has been posted, I bet someone could find something negative about each and every one of them.

Live and let live, I say.

I don't think anyone is complaining about your choice of people you post. that's all immaterial. the fact that you posted miley causes no discomfort at all. a few people just commented on the fact they think miley is setting a bad example for impressionable young women, who happen to make up the core of her fan base. sure, o matter who you post, some people will find positives, others negatives. so please don't take this as a commentary on who you post or don't post. it was never meant to be that.

Look at this wild supercell shot in Wyoming a little while ago. One accompanying story says this kind of super cell rarely produces much rain or a tornado, but can produce some spectacular hail. It definitely has a wow factor.

1400534574000-CLOUD.jpg

Foxy provided that pic on 05/20.

Here is a time-lapse video of that storm. Interesting stuff.

And a moving .gif of the storm:

newcastle-supercell.gif

Weird and somewhat scary all at once.

'Mothership' Thunderstorm Gets a Time-Lapse Video

:thup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone, and TGIF!

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

a5388d056f89980977d4d1b042087a93.jpg

Ok, I admit that I'm a big Gwyneth Paltrow fan, although I'm usually more for brunettes. She is just stunningly beautiful.

Good morning to you and to all. Great way to start the day!! I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day!

not complaining about your post stat. no issues there at all. persoannly i am disapponted in miley. I think she used to be a positive role model for kids. i'm not sure what happened, whether it was to jumps start here career, prove to the world she was an adult or whatever. But IMO she gives a very bad model for young ladies to follow, which is who she appeals too. Maybe I'm getting old fashion in my old age. Or maybe its that i see first hand the issues many of my friends are having with their teenage daughters and I see with teen age girls in general. I think they are being bombarded with the wrong values in our current culture. and miley has become part of that wrong message. She has a huge following and its not my place to judge others. I would just rather see people with that much influence sending a better message.

I can understand that sentiment.

Like I said, I know almost nothing about her, and had no idea that posting one pic of her would cause some discomfort. Perhaps this was a good learning experience for us. I am certainly not upset that people were somehow upset by a picture, it's all part of the first amendment experience, but I am thankful that you gave an explanation as to why this was a problem for some people.

That being said, for every celeb who has been posted, I bet someone could find something negative about each and every one of them.

Live and let live, I say.

I don't think anyone is complaining about your choice of people you post. that's all immaterial. the fact that you posted miley causes no discomfort at all. a few people just commented on the fact they think miley is setting a bad example for impressionable young women, who happen to make up the core of her fan base. sure, o matter who you post, some people will find positives, others negatives. so please don't take this as a commentary on who you post or don't post. it was never meant to be that.

Awwww, I thought pile on Stat was the game du jour :badgrin:

About MC, the girl just needs grounding. Many kids are clueless because parents forget to parent.

Forum List

Back