USMB Coffee Shop IV

3451648e73be81b9194516fdd0d2db66.jpg

Good morning, fellow coffee shop rats. Have a good Tuesday, and be safe.
Thanks Jake and may your day be a good one. So glad you were on vaca and had a good time. I have been working a lot and having the same. :thup:

Good to see Pogo back, too and I love to hear of Hobbes. :thup: Hobbes and Taco...two babes I would house-sit. :D

I am subbing today in French, which I speak poorly but read well. They are so young, they look like guppies in a fish bowl, big eyes. They are loud.

I've got dinner prepared already, just need to cook it tonight. We are having Fajitas, which is one my favorite things to eat!

Fajitas.jpg

How neat.....you all have fajitas even in Australia.....I'm pleasantly amazed.

When I saw Noomi's post it was tongue biting time. :) I still recall a friend living in New York, one that had never been to the Southwest, who was absolutely in total disbelief that I could possibly know about good bagels and shmears out here on the desert. And nothing I could say would shake his particular bigotry about that.

So when Noomi mentioned fajitas last night, my immediate kneejerk reaction is that she, in Australia, could not possibly know what good fajita were. You have to be here in the heart of Mexican/New Mexican/southwestern cuisine to get great fajitas.

I resisted though. Because we can get great bagels here. And who am I to say that Australians don't make great fajitas. :)

You are absolutely right. But, I couldn't keep from thinking about the experiences I've had. When I lived in New Hampshire....there was one Mexican Restaurant, and people were always telling us that it was great (they knew I was from Texas)....so we finally decided to try it...and it was awful. Also, I couldn't find tortillas, corn or flower, in any grocery store, except in a can. That was weird. Maybe now you can.
Noomi's picture looks authentic fajitas like the ones I know. I wonder who introduced that delicacy to Australians though, and whether or not they have added their own twist in an attempt to make them better?

I can relate to your NH experience too. When we were last in Washington DC, our daughter took us to a restaurant (she hadn't tried it) recommended as absolutely the best Mexican food you could get in DC. It was PITIFUL!!! Not one authentic thing about it other than I think a tortilla might have been included in there somewhere. Ungodly expensive but quite disappointing. I have found some good Mexican/southwestern cuisine in Texas but you have to hunt for it amidst all the Tex-Mex places. When we lived in Kansas there was one family of cooks/chefs that made excellent Mexican food but they moved around to different restaurants a lot. We always checked to see where they were working before we went out for Mexican food because the rest of it was pretty bad.
We have a Mexican place here in Foley that is quite good. Another up 20 miles north has the best chili rellanos I've found outside of Albuquerque. The big thing the place here in Foley has is they serve sopaipillas. I've never seen them but in New Mexico.

76 here this morning. After a brutally hot August, September did cool off a lot I'm looking forward to a much lower electric bill. The $260 for August is the highest I've had here. The average is about half that, though with my current charges living in the "guest cottage", I expect to pay a bit more.

Stiff and sore from yesterday, sucking down coffee in copious amounts, apparently broke someones fragile ego in a non-flame thread yesturday, that was weird. Have much to do around the house including grocery shopping, been away so much we're running out of all the standard items, don't feel like wiping my butt with leaves gathered from the tree out back.........
You ego-breaker, you! Bad Ringel, baaaaaaaaaad! :rofl:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Good morning, fellow coffee shop rats. Have a good Tuesday, and be safe.
Thanks Jake and may your day be a good one. So glad you were on vaca and had a good time. I have been working a lot and having the same. :thup:

Good to see Pogo back, too and I love to hear of Hobbes. :thup: Hobbes and Taco...two babes I would house-sit. :D

I would SO take you up on that.

And then I'd "forget" to bring Hobbes... :eusa_shifty:

Anyone have esoteric tricks for convincing a printer that no, it's not out of ink? :death:

"Ink not recognized" on yellow. I have new ones, so I put a new one in. Still not recognized. Both the new one and the old one have plenty of ink in them.

I tried shutting it off and waiting a while, with the power out, up to four days, doesn't change. Even tried putting a working black cartridge in the yellow space, same thing.

Damn electronics....

Morning all. Busy day today getting ready to throw my Aunt Betty a great 88th birthday party dinner at our house tonight. The brisket has been slow cooking overnight but I still have to make a lime gelatin salad, the potato salad, get my (small) world famous baked beans to baking, get the stuff together for the fruit cobbler, set the table, put the cole slaw together, make the birthday card, etc. But at least the house is clean and I have everything I need to put it all together so am looking forward to it once the Naproxen kicks in and the coffee gets my motor running..

Beautiful bright blue day here after intermittent showers yesterday. Hope all have having a great Tuesday.
I've got dinner prepared already, just need to cook it tonight. We are having Fajitas, which is one my favorite things to eat!

Fajitas.jpg

How neat.....you all have fajitas even in Australia.....I'm pleasantly amazed.

When I saw Noomi's post it was tongue biting time. :) I still recall a friend living in New York, one that had never been to the Southwest, who was absolutely in total disbelief that I could possibly know about good bagels and shmears out here on the desert. And nothing I could say would shake his particular bigotry about that.

So when Noomi mentioned fajitas last night, my immediate kneejerk reaction is that she, in Australia, could not possibly know what good fajita were. You have to be here in the heart of Mexican/New Mexican/southwestern cuisine to get great fajitas.

I resisted though. Because we can get great bagels here. And who am I to say that Australians don't make great fajitas. :)

You are absolutely right. But, I couldn't keep from thinking about the experiences I've had. When I lived in New Hampshire....there was one Mexican Restaurant, and people were always telling us that it was great (they knew I was from Texas)....so we finally decided to try it...and it was awful. Also, I couldn't find tortillas, corn or flower, in any grocery store, except in a can. That was weird. Maybe now you can.
Noomi's picture looks authentic fajitas like the ones I know. I wonder who introduced that delicacy to Australians though, and whether or not they have added their own twist in an attempt to make them better?

I can relate to your NH experience too. When we were last in Washington DC, our daughter took us to a restaurant (she hadn't tried it) recommended as absolutely the best Mexican food you could get in DC. It was PITIFUL!!! Not one authentic thing about it other than I think a tortilla might have been included in there somewhere. Ungodly expensive but quite disappointing. I have found some good Mexican/southwestern cuisine in Texas but you have to hunt for it amidst all the Tex-Mex places. When we lived in Kansas there was one family of cooks/chefs that made excellent Mexican food but they moved around to different restaurants a lot. We always checked to see where they were working before we went out for Mexican food because the rest of it was pretty bad.
We have a Mexican place here in Foley that is quite good. Another up 20 miles north has the best chili rellanos I've found outside of Albuquerque. The big thing the place here in Foley has is they serve sopaipillas. I've never seen them but in New Mexico.

76 here this morning. After a brutally hot August, September did cool off a lot I'm looking forward to a much lower electric bill. The $260 for August is the highest I've had here. The average is about half that, though with my current charges living in the "guest cottage", I expect to pay a bit more.

Yes, gradually cooling down here too though still a bit warmer than usual for this time of year I think. Especially enjoying the cool, almost cold nights. Sopapillas are a real art form around here and one of my favorite things in the southwestern cuisine. Those folks in Foley must have had some southwestern experience with that because I agree, it is rare to find them outside of the southwest.

Anyone have esoteric tricks for convincing a printer that no, it's not out of ink? :death:

"Ink not recognized" on yellow. I have new ones, so I put a new one in. Still not recognized. Both the new one and the old one have plenty of ink in them.

I tried shutting it off and waiting a while, with the power out, up to four days, doesn't change. Even tried putting a working black cartridge in the yellow space, same thing.

Damn electronics....
You must stroke the printer gently and speak in hushed tones.

Stiff and sore from yesterday, sucking down coffee in copious amounts, apparently broke someones fragile ego in a non-flame thread yesturday, that was weird. Have much to do around the house including grocery shopping, been away so much we're running out of all the standard items, don't feel like wiping my butt with leaves gathered from the tree out back.........

Yeah, I'm such a terrible person......... :rock:

:lol:

Yeah, I'm such a terrible person......... :rock:

:lol:
Proceed, Governor. .. lol. ..

Damn electronics....

I feel your pain. Our current printer is one of those that you put separate cartridges in for black, magenta, yellow, cyan and somehow those four cartridges produce amazing color. But as you describe, every now and then it balks at recognizing one of the cartridges. I am guessing that the little feeder hole on that cartridge is probably plugged up and not allowing sufficient ink to get through maybe?

Glad you're back by the way.

I want my Sunshine State back.:(

Anybody got an Ark. This is the rainfall total amount in my County in Florida for September. And it's still raining. You can see the prior 10 year totals.

So...so fucking over it.

Sept.9.43 6.14 6.91 4.49 3.22 7.86 1.45 6.52 6.19 3.04 5.09
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

9 AM CDT Mon., 28 April – 9 AM CDT Wed., 30 April we got 20.76" here. One place just east of here got 26"

Several of our regulars haven't been posting much, if any lately. I know Ollie is occupied elsewhere and I think he isn't liking the new USMB much. But Derideo_Te hasn't posted in awhile and Sheila and Spoonman have been MIA for over a week now and several others are also mostly or wholly occupied elsewhere. So hope everybody starts wandering back in as we settle into autumn because I miss them all. But if the new software is just too frustrating to be fun for them, I hope they are well and happy someplace.

Forum List

Back