USMB Coffee Shop IV

Went to daughter number ones house today. They are just over an hr north of the cities. Their neighbor has a son who is a Sgt in the Army. He is getting out early, reason given to his folks was the Army was excited to take on the American public. His folks are selling and leaving blue MN for a redder state.

Went to daughter number ones house today. They are just over an hr north of the cities. Their neighbor has a son who is a Sgt in the Army. He is getting out early, reason given to his folks was the Army was excited to take on the American public. His folks are selling and leaving blue MN for a redder state.
Excited to take on the American public? What does that even mean?

I'm on my 12th boss in 6 1/2 years. This is getting really old/ridiculous/stupid/crazy.
That seems to be the case in government jobs these days. Daughter works for federal government and seems to change bosses very frequently. So hopefully the newest new boss will be a good one. Good to see you Save. :)

We lost a deputy yesterday to a gun. First one since 1930. It made the national radio news. The deputy was shot during an arrest for warrants. A four hour search resulted in another gunfight that the Michigan State Police ended. Weird part was I was working just a mile and a half away.

EOW 6-27-2024 Bill Butler
When these things happen in your own neighborhood they always feel worse than when they're someplace else far away. Glad you were a mile and a half away though.

☕🍲 Coffee and soup listening to the rain. Here in Florida we have warm rain.🙂Its 9:05PM 80F.
Catching up on reading and planning tomorrow.
Albuquerque is on terrain classified as high desert meaning we normally get between 8 and 9 inches of precipitation per year and the large part of that we usually get during our annual monsoon from mid June to mid September. Our summer climate is hot with high averages in the low 90s but the rain usually comes hard, briefly and cold. A rainstorm can lower the temperature 30 degrees really quickly.

The monsoon arrived on time this year and so far has been a wet one with many flash flood warnings.

Last week the resort town of Ruidoso NM was on fire. Day before yesterday they were having devastating flash floods. You never know.

But I would love having coffee or tea and enjoying watching the rain. In Kansas we could do that.

1719959871409.png

~S~

That seems to be the case in government jobs these days. Daughter works for federal government and seems to change bosses very frequently. So hopefully the newest new boss will be a good one. Good to see you Save. :)
I put out as many fires as I can here in the post office. Limited time and resources. Just waiting on the Fourth to watch Biden fireworks. His head ought to explode or something.

I put out as many fires as I can here in the post office. Limited time and resources. Just waiting on the Fourth to watch Biden fireworks. His head ought to explode or something.
Putting out fires is good. We still steer clear of politics in the Coffee Shop but fireworks on the 4th have gotten mixed reviews here in the Coffee Shop. Those of us in drought conditions and in wildfire country and those who have pets that freak out from them hate them. Most folks though love them.

This picture was at a period when republic pols were against communism.

Now not so much.
Google dates the photo November 13, 1982.

And here is some interesting history on the wall I didn't know--we have been there to see it up close and personal and it is an emotional experience--but apparently they're trying to add faces to go along with the names.
November 13, 1982 Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial

Putting out fires is good. We still steer clear of politics in the Coffee Shop but fireworks on the 4th have gotten mixed reviews here in the Coffee Shop. Those of us in drought conditions and in wildfire country and those who have pets that freak out from them hate them. Most folks though love them.
Pets are a big no on fireworks. Also on politics.

Forum List

Back