USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hombre gets a kick out of the Big Bang Theory and watches it--mostly reruns--now and then. Otherwise we don't really watch any of the sitcoms or drama series. Television for us is sports (mostly Hombre's genre) and competition shows--The Voice, American Idol, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen, American Ninja Warrior, Project Runway, DWTS, So You Think You Can Dance, et al. We both like history and science shows and usually watch at least 30 minutes of news each day, but we don't spend all that much time watching TV. Even when I do watch, I usually am working on my laptop at the same time.

I'll rarely watch t.v. anymore except for sports. The only show I follow is Big Bang Theory. I used to watch Pawn Stars and Counting Cars on the History Channel. I guess I'd rather read a good book. :)

I've always wanted to get one of those huge campers and travel around the country. Maybe some day when I retire and don't have to work anymore. :D

I've always imagined driving one of those to be a hassle. :dunno:
Driving them isn't so bad. Mine is 28 feet and nearly 8,000 pounds with the Harley loaded and except for hills, I really forget it's there at times. Parking them can be a big problem. And the extra fuel you use pulling one.
Yeah like GW said, if there's some little side trip you'd like to make, you can always park the trailer and go. But the nice thing about pulling a trailer to Alaska, like my parents did with some friends along pulling theirs, is that if you decide you need to stop somewhere to rest from driving, it doesn't matter if there's a motel/hotel nearby or not. Just jump back in the trailer and there's all your amenities. You can't beat that.

I'm happy for those who enjoy traveling that way. I could never drive one though, as I couldn't stand the pressure of all the people I was holding up in traffic. And I sure don't have the patience for pulling over every chance I get, to let them go by. I've often thought about this, when trailing those that aren't going even close to the speed limit, and wailing anxiously for the minute when I have the space to pass that RV or trailer that is pulling a car. When driving on winding, narrow highways, this is always a concern.

I always make myself breathe deeply when I see no passing lane in sight and I am always so grateful when those drivers pull over to let the rest of us by. I toot my horn at them as I pass and I wave my hand, hoping they can see my appreciation for their efforts.
I guarantee that if I'm pulling a trailer with a ton truck with a hefty diesel engine in it, I'm not going to be holding up anyone. Diesels make an incredible amount of torque, which is exactly what you need for pulling. You can easily fly down the interstate at 70 mph without even pushing it.

Jump in... I'll show ya... :D
007! Are you aware that the photo in your signature is MIA? It's got the photo bucket privacy message.

Good morning everybody. Sunny and chilly in Albuquerque this morning. Was looking at the weather map for the lower 48 and I don't think I have ever seen it so clear. A little bit of activity in Northern California, a little bit in Montana, and a line of showers in the far east, and that'/s it. And according to the forecast, we say goodbye to the 70's for good this week and go into a more normal weather pattern for us for this time of year--50's and low 60's for highs -- low 40's and 30's at night with more chance for freezes. But for me that is perfect weather.

My goodness the Coffee Shop is jumping this morning. Hope BBD gets relief from his sore toe--hope RIngel is getting relief from his sore back--I'm not hurting anywhere for the moment. Hombre took Uncle Ed to the healthcare offices to get a billing snafu straightened out. When he gets home, we'll go get my driver's license renewed--it has been expired for a few days now--I forgot about it--and then we'll go vote. And then go hit the bargains at Albertsons. We like to buy their loss leaders when they offer stuff we buy all the time anyway.
The chiro helped but it's temporary, still hurts but not as bad. :thup:

Good morning everybody. Sunny and chilly in Albuquerque this morning. Was looking at the weather map for the lower 48 and I don't think I have ever seen it so clear. A little bit of activity in Northern California, a little bit in Montana, and a line of showers in the far east, and that'/s it. And according to the forecast, we say goodbye to the 70's for good this week and go into a more normal weather pattern for us for this time of year--50's and low 60's for highs -- low 40's and 30's at night with more chance for freezes. But for me that is perfect weather.

My goodness the Coffee Shop is jumping this morning. Hope BBD gets relief from his sore toe--hope RIngel is getting relief from his sore back--I'm not hurting anywhere for the moment. Hombre took Uncle Ed to the healthcare offices to get a billing snafu straightened out. When he gets home, we'll go get my driver's license renewed--it has been expired for a few days now--I forgot about it--and then we'll go vote. And then go hit the bargains at Albertsons. We like to buy their loss leaders when they offer stuff we buy all the time anyway.
The chiro helped but it's temporary, still hurts but not as bad. :thup:

Well that back is still on the list with the other sore backs. We'll wait to see the prognosis of BBD's sore toe to see if that needs to go on the list. :)

Morning

wednss.gif

Driving them isn't so bad. Mine is 28 feet and nearly 8,000 pounds with the Harley loaded and except for hills, I really forget it's there at times. Parking them can be a big problem. And the extra fuel you use pulling one.
Yeah like GW said, if there's some little side trip you'd like to make, you can always park the trailer and go. But the nice thing about pulling a trailer to Alaska, like my parents did with some friends along pulling theirs, is that if you decide you need to stop somewhere to rest from driving, it doesn't matter if there's a motel/hotel nearby or not. Just jump back in the trailer and there's all your amenities. You can't beat that.

I'm happy for those who enjoy traveling that way. I could never drive one though, as I couldn't stand the pressure of all the people I was holding up in traffic. And I sure don't have the patience for pulling over every chance I get, to let them go by. I've often thought about this, when trailing those that aren't going even close to the speed limit, and wailing anxiously for the minute when I have the space to pass that RV or trailer that is pulling a car. When driving on winding, narrow highways, this is always a concern.

I always make myself breathe deeply when I see no passing lane in sight and I am always so grateful when those drivers pull over to let the rest of us by. I toot my horn at them as I pass and I wave my hand, hoping they can see my appreciation for their efforts.
I guarantee that if I'm pulling a trailer with a ton truck with a hefty diesel engine in it, I'm not going to be holding up anyone. Diesels make an incredible amount of torque, which is exactly what you need for pulling. You can easily fly down the interstate at 70 mph without even pushing it.

007! Are you aware that the photo in your signature is MIA? It's got the photo bucket privacy message.
:lol: I would have told him that long ago but I'm one of the Libs he ignores so I haven't said anything.

I don't really watch a lot of television. I have my few shows that I really like, The Walking Dead, the shows I mentioned already (Forensic Files doesn't make any new episodes so I don't really watch that much anymore but do catch reruns sometimes). I also like Impractical Jokers. That show is hilarious sometimes! :D

I like to watch reruns of Seinfeld, King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond. Those were some of my favorite sitcoms, and I just don't think any of the newer ones are nearly as good, except for maybe Rules of Engagement with David Spade, and Mike and Molly.

Edit: Oh, I also like animal shows. I like to watch Shark Week and any kind of animal type of documentary shows.
Have you caught Homicide Hunter? Joe Kenda is cool.

I don't know if I've seen that one.

I was going to mention that too, but then I thought maybe he wanted it that way. :D

Okay BBD. My son in law gets gout and it always seems to hit overnight. The pain gets unbearable but he gets a five day dose of steroids and within 15 minutes of the first dose the pain goes away.

Hombre had to have one of the steroid treatments when he had a rare and unusually severe gout attack, but he has taken Allipurinol for years that usually controls it very well. I also watch his diet--he eats anything he wants but I do limit the frequency that I serve foods high in purine. It is best to prevent gout attacks because each one can increase permanent joint damage as well as increase risk for kidney stones.

Hombre gets a kick out of the Big Bang Theory and watches it--mostly reruns--now and then. Otherwise we don't really watch any of the sitcoms or drama series. Television for us is sports (mostly Hombre's genre) and competition shows--The Voice, American Idol, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen, American Ninja Warrior, Project Runway, DWTS, So You Think You Can Dance, et al. We both like history and science shows and usually watch at least 30 minutes of news each day, but we don't spend all that much time watching TV. Even when I do watch, I usually am working on my laptop at the same time.

Oh, your post reminds me that I also love cooking shows. Not so much competition ones, but just the regular cooking shows. I always like to learn new recipes and tips in the kitchen! :)

I don't really watch a lot of television. I have my few shows that I really like, The Walking Dead, the shows I mentioned already (Forensic Files doesn't make any new episodes so I don't really watch that much anymore but do catch reruns sometimes). I also like Impractical Jokers. That show is hilarious sometimes! :D

I like to watch reruns of Seinfeld, King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond. Those were some of my favorite sitcoms, and I just don't think any of the newer ones are nearly as good, except for maybe Rules of Engagement with David Spade, and Mike and Molly.

Edit: Oh, I also like animal shows. I like to watch Shark Week and any kind of animal type of documentary shows.

It's a new one; second season, I believe. It's on Discovery ID. Kenda is a retired Colorado Springs Homicide detective with almost 400 cases solved.
The cases are from his personal notes.

It's a new one; second season, I believe. It's on Discovery ID. Kenda is a retired Colorado Springs Homicide detective with almost 400 cases solved.
The cases are from his personal notes.

Sounds like something I would like! :) Thanks Ernie!

Oh, your post reminds me that I also love cooking shows. Not so much competition ones, but just the regular cooking shows. I always like to learn new recipes and tips in the kitchen! :)

I love the competitions--Chopped, Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen, the next Iron Chef, etc. But I can't join you just watching somebody cooking and demonstrating a recipe. Not my cup of tea. I would much rather just read the recipe, adjust it for our personal tastes, and do it myself.

I love the competitions--Chopped, Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen, the next Iron Chef, etc. But I can't join you just watching somebody cooking and demonstrating a recipe. Not my cup of tea. I would much rather just read the recipe, adjust it for our personal tastes, and do it myself.

I'm watching Ten Dollar dinners right now! :lol: Yes, I have the day off today. Lol! Watching them makes me want to cook up a storm!

Forum List

Back