USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ah yes, the Homicide Hunter. Lt Joe Kenda is the unassuming yet captivating "star" as he relates the homicide cases he solved, over 400, with Carl Marino playing him in the TV reenactments. Awesome show.
What's funny is he received a letter from the producer Patrick Bryant who had seen Kenda on Colorado TV and had the idea for the show, Kenda ignored the letter until his wife pushed him to reply.
When he "auditioned" for the show he was asked to talk to the camera about murder, an hour later when he was finished he asked if that was what they wanted. He wasn't sure, thought he had blown it because everyone was staring at him with their mouths hanging open. He had to ask again before he received an extremely enthusiastic reply.

Driving them isn't so bad. Mine is 28 feet and nearly 8,000 pounds with the Harley loaded and except for hills, I really forget it's there at times. Parking them can be a big problem. And the extra fuel you use pulling one.
Yeah like GW said, if there's some little side trip you'd like to make, you can always park the trailer and go. But the nice thing about pulling a trailer to Alaska, like my parents did with some friends along pulling theirs, is that if you decide you need to stop somewhere to rest from driving, it doesn't matter if there's a motel/hotel nearby or not. Just jump back in the trailer and there's all your amenities. You can't beat that.

I'm happy for those who enjoy traveling that way. I could never drive one though, as I couldn't stand the pressure of all the people I was holding up in traffic. And I sure don't have the patience for pulling over every chance I get, to let them go by. I've often thought about this, when trailing those that aren't going even close to the speed limit, and wailing anxiously for the minute when I have the space to pass that RV or trailer that is pulling a car. When driving on winding, narrow highways, this is always a concern.

I always make myself breathe deeply when I see no passing lane in sight and I am always so grateful when those drivers pull over to let the rest of us by. I toot my horn at them as I pass and I wave my hand, hoping they can see my appreciation for their efforts.
I guarantee that if I'm pulling a trailer with a ton truck with a hefty diesel engine in it, I'm not going to be holding up anyone. Diesels make an incredible amount of torque, which is exactly what you need for pulling. You can easily fly down the interstate at 70 mph without even pushing it.

Jump in... I'll show ya... :D
007! Are you aware that the photo in your signature is MIA? It's got the photo bucket privacy message.

I was going to mention that too, but then I thought maybe he wanted it that way. :D
Winner, winner, chicken dinner... :lol:

I was wondering how long it would take before someone did say something.

284971917_d60dcce9a0_z.jpg

Good job, Foxy, do you feel patriotic now? I always do when I vote.

Oh I'm always glad when I get it over with. There were a three or four races that I thought important enough to make a difference but most of it was just picking or approving dozens of judges and a bunch of bond issues and not-all-that-important state constitutional amendments that were major tedious to read through. I was glad when it was done.

Good job, Foxy, do you feel patriotic now? I always do when I vote.

My mom mailed her vote in...I enjoy the experience of casting my ballot in person.:thup:

My great aunt and uncle always get absentee ballots because he is so sight impaired they have to do his ballot together with her reading the choices and issues. But I also prefer to cast my vote in person and prefer to cast it on election day, but early voting is so convenient to our house, it seemed silly not to go ahead and do it while we were in the neighborhood today. And amazingly there was a long line mid afternoon when we were there. I asked the poll workers if it had been like that all day and she said yes, in fact was tapering off a bit compared to what it had been earlier. There was a line outside the door when they opened up this morning.

The early voting place was just across the street from where the MVD Express was where I got my drivers' license renewed today. I must be slipping as President of the Procrastinator's Club though, because my license had only been expired 10 days this time.

Do you wear your favorite super hero underwear when you vote? Don't forget these important details when voting!

Forum List

Back