USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yes, I can see that one just fine. Maybe Peach and I have malware protection that blocked the first site? Who knows?

I just heard from Pogo and I hope I am not violating a confidence when I report that Hobbes is out of the tree and safely home. I am most relieved to take him off the vigil list. :)
Thank God.

Yes, I can see that one just fine. Maybe Peach and I have malware protection that blocked the first site? Who knows?

I just heard from Pogo and I hope I am not violating a confidence when I report that Hobbes is out of the tree and safely home. I am most relieved to take him off the vigil list. :)
Wish we knew how he came down. :)

I'm sure that Pogo will tell us.
Right now he needs his alone time with Hobbs. :)

If you all are staying in because it's so cold, I hope you all stop by the CS and chat. You too Pogo and SaveLiberty. :)

This is something I've been wanting to do. I see ads for Viking River Cruises and it just looks so peaceful and beautiful.

Late last year I investigated Viking River Cruises and was planning on taking Mrs. BBD on one for our anniversary. I decided not to do it. I will not say why I changed my mind but I urge you to read all of the reviews very carefully that you can find on Viking River Cruises prior to making any sort of a commitment on embarking on a cruise. Let the buyer beware!

River Cruising

This is something I've been wanting to do. I see ads for Viking River Cruises and it just looks so peaceful and beautiful.

River Cruising

Late last year I investigated Viking River Cruises and was planning on taking Mrs. BBD on one for our anniversary. I decided not to do it. I will not say why I changed my mind but I urge you to read all of the reviews very carefully that you can find on Viking River Cruises prior to making any sort of a commitment on embarking on a cruise. Let the buyer beware!

River Cruising

Thanks BBD, I will do that.

And an additional word of caution: apparently drinking ice in liquid form is also a problem as statistic shows that more than 99% of those who consume it eventually died or will die.]

I could tell you but I think that might be violating a PM confidence so I'll wait until he returns and tells you the tale himself.

1393689_10151778876560754_1196633629_n.jpg

10325575_406319612841212_1517739440107951222_n.jpg

And an additional word of caution: apparently drinking ice in liquid form is also a problem as statistic shows that more than 99% of those who consume it eventually died or will die.]

I could tell you but I think that might be violating a PM confidence so I'll wait until he returns and tells you the tale himself.
It's ok. I'll wait until he comes back.

OK, I'm not one who enjoys keeping people in suspense, not for more than a few minutes anyway.

I was standing there looking at the tree when a tiny man appeared on a flying pie. He said his name was Otis. He proceeded to install an elevator and instructed Hobbes to press the "G" button.

:D

Actually after I had contacted everybody I could think of -- a local construction worker friend, the sheriff's office, the fire and rescue people, the actual fire department, the animal shelter, the newspaper, a factory that actually makes cherry-pickers (but it turns out, not at this location) and the utility companies in search of somebody who would have the equipment to get up there (nobody except the electric company did, and they wouldn't do it), I started calling tree services. Nobody answered until I called a place in the next town. Contacting them was iffy as my cell phone kept going down at the same time.

Finally they came up late in the day with their bucket truck and parked next to the tree. The guys got out and immediately started taking pictures -- I guess never having seen a cat that high before. They started to get their truck's pod-legs in place to get ready. All of this makes a lot of noise from the big diesel engine, which spooked Hobbes, who jumped nervously, lost his balance in his six-day fatigue, and started to fall.

In mid-fall he caught his balance as cats do and actually started running -- straight down the fifty feet that had terrified him. When he got to the bottom he just did a right-angle turn from vertical to horizontal and kept running up the hill. He didn't even hit the ground. :lol:

He continued running up into the woods and I was afraid in his freakout he would scamper up another tree, but he didn't -- he stopped in a clearing and just sat there, exhausted I have no doubt. From there I picked him up and brought him in, and that was Wednesday so he's been mostly eating and resting ever since.

Thanks everybody for your concern. In the end I didn't need a cherry-picker; all I needed was sound effects. :)

As the saying goes, "better late than never," I'd like to apologize to everyone in the CS for the recent stir I was part of. This has been such a great place for everyone to come and chat without drama, I feel bad for causing any... "I'm sorry," and a personal apology to Save_Liberty and Pogo. I hope my actions didn't ruin your CS participation.

Happily accepted, pard. Have a beer. :beer:

Actually after I had contacted everybody I could think of -- a local construction worker friend, the sheriff's office, the fire and rescue people, the actual fire department, the animal shelter, the newspaper, a factory that actually makes cherry-pickers (but it turns out, not at this location) and the utility companies in search of somebody who would have the equipment to get up there (nobody except the electric company did, and they wouldn't do it), I started calling tree services. Nobody answered until I called a place in the next town. Contacting them was iffy as my cell phone kept going down at the same time.

Finally they came up late in the day with their bucket truck and parked next to the tree. The guys got out and immediately started taking pictures -- I guess never having seen a cat that high before. They started to get their truck's pod-legs in place to get ready. All of this makes a lot of noise from the big diesel engine, which spooked Hobbes, who jumped nervously, lost his balance in his six-day fatigue, and started to fall.

In mid-fall he caught his balance as cats do and actually started running -- straight down the fifty feet that had terrified him. When he got to the bottom he just did a right-angle turn from vertical to horizontal and kept running up the hill. He didn't even hit the ground. :lol:

He continued running up into the woods and I was afraid in his freakout he would scamper up another tree, but he didn't -- he stopped in a clearing and just sat there, exhausted I have no doubt. From there I picked him up and brought him in, and that was Wednesday so he's been mostly eating and resting ever since.

Thanks everybody for your concern. In the end I didn't need a cherry-picker; all I needed was sound effects. :)
Glad you got your buddy back safe and sound.

As the saying goes, "better late than never," I'd like to apologize to everyone in the CS for the recent stir I was part of. This has been such a great place for everyone to come and chat without drama, I feel bad for causing any... "I'm sorry," and a personal apology to Save_Liberty and Pogo. I hope my actions didn't ruin your CS participation.

And I think I've fallen in love all over again. Mama Fox ((hugs))

Happily accepted, pard. Have a beer. :beer:

And a Mama Fox ((hug)) to you and Hobbes. Happy endings always make me tear up, but I don't mind that.

I asked Mrs. BBD this afternoon what we were going to have for supper. She said, "Whatever you feel like fixing." After a short bit of whining, I made a big pot of ham and beans. Turned out pretty good if I say so myself.

Forum List

Back