USMB Coffee Shop IV

so i'm sitting in a meeting this morning. my cell phone rings. I see its my wife, it goes to voicemail and as soon as i could get the chance i checked it. "Call me as soon as you can. I need to talk to you about something that happened here this morning!"

now i'm sweating what went on all through the meeting. To preface, my wife works for the locak school system. She goes in early and comes home for a break mid morning and then goes back for the afternoon. i finally get her and she says - When I came home from work this morning and walked in the kitchen our stove was gone. ???? WTF? well thats why she called me initially.

So it turns out, two guys show up at the door this morning, announce they are from so and so plumbing and are here to pick up the stove. Both my sons are still home and they let the guys in. Why? I have no idea why. the guys pick up the stove and split. she finds this out after one of my sons finally calls her back. But were still wondering who are they and where is our stove.

As she is leaving our neighbor calls her over and asks her if the plumbing truck that was in our driveway earlier was for us. my wife tells her the story and she says oh, he was supposed to come to our house and we were wondering where he was. So it looks like we are at least going to get our stove back lol

Holy shit...I'd be having a little chat with the boys about making a phone call next time before allowing anyone to remove large appliances from the home.:D

Dang, Jughead....if you ever go to Disneyland/Disneyworld and end up in the Magic Kingdom, don't ride the "It's A Small World" ride....by the time the ride ends you're so sick of that song you'll want to puke every time you hear it again....I promise.
Folks who know me know that I will do anything to get away from long lineups, and I know that Disneyworld/Disneyland both have huge lineups. I also drove by Disneyland in Anaheim, and wasn't too impressed. But now I have to try it. Next time I'm in the area with the kid, (or Disneyworld if I'm in Florida), I'll give the "It's a Small World" ride a try.

I'm a huge fan of all things Disney World...I've been there over 30 times, and never miss that attraction.:banana:

so i'm sitting in a meeting this morning. my cell phone rings. I see its my wife, it goes to voicemail and as soon as i could get the chance i checked it. "Call me as soon as you can. I need to talk to you about something that happened here this morning!"

now i'm sweating what went on all through the meeting. To preface, my wife works for the locak school system. She goes in early and comes home for a break mid morning and then goes back for the afternoon. i finally get her and she says - When I came home from work this morning and walked in the kitchen our stove was gone. ???? WTF? well thats why she called me initially.

So it turns out, two guys show up at the door this morning, announce they are from so and so plumbing and are here to pick up the stove. Both my sons are still home and they let the guys in. Why? I have no idea why. the guys pick up the stove and split. she finds this out after one of my sons finally calls her back. But were still wondering who are they and where is our stove.

As she is leaving our neighbor calls her over and asks her if the plumbing truck that was in our driveway earlier was for us. my wife tells her the story and she says oh, he was supposed to come to our house and we were wondering where he was. So it looks like we are at least going to get our stove back lol

Holy shit...I'd be having a little chat with the boys about making a phone call next time before allowing anyone to remove large appliances from the home.:D

Dang, Jughead....if you ever go to Disneyland/Disneyworld and end up in the Magic Kingdom, don't ride the "It's A Small World" ride....by the time the ride ends you're so sick of that song you'll want to puke every time you hear it again....I promise.
Folks who know me know that I will do anything to get away from long lineups, and I know that Disneyworld/Disneyland both have huge lineups. I also drove by Disneyland in Anaheim, and wasn't too impressed. But now I have to try it. Next time I'm in the area with the kid, (or Disneyworld if I'm in Florida), I'll give the "It's a Small World" ride a try.

I'm a huge fan of all things Disney World...I've been there over 30 times, and never miss that attraction.:banana:

oh we did. they aren't kids either. 21 and 24. It blows my mind

Or about letting anyone in.

oh we did. they aren't kids either. 21 and 24. It blows my mind

Oh. :lol:

night_2.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning everyone and happy Day of Thunder!!

(In German, Thursday = Donnerstag and "Donner" = Thunder :D )

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

61e86de971a45fa719f11c0f8486e4e2.jpg

I have no idea, but she is so hot, I couldn't resist. I'm calling her "Miss Hotty".

:D

Help, anyone??

Yanno, this gave me an idea -- as a way to get rid of a found object...

Today's celebrity getting her hair set on fire by a cigarette:

sophia-loren-and-jane-mansfield11.jpg

Sophia Loren and a Chesterfield

The ride is fine, it's the damn song that is so annoying.....

It's a lovely little ear worm.:D Another one I love to hum the rest of the day is, "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away." Sometimes I even belt it out.:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmrSiJTMf7s]Disney's CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS Ultimate PANDAVISION Multi-Angle Edition - FULL SHOW - YouTube[/ame]

The ride is fine, it's the damn song that is so annoying.....

It's a lovely little ear worm.:D Another one I love to hum the rest of the day is, "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away." Sometimes I even belt it out.:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmrSiJTMf7s]Disney's CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS Ultimate PANDAVISION Multi-Angle Edition - FULL SHOW - YouTube[/ame]

I like that "Carousel of Progress" attraction.....and the song is not annoying at all.

These types of mix-ups are more common than we think! Thankfully it was just the plumbing truck. Last year, I recall they demolished the wrong house in Forth Worth TX

Fort Worth Couple Still Fighting City Over Home Demolished by Accident - ABC News
I live less than a mile from that house.
Have they resolved the problem yet?
I heard the lawyers are settling out of court. This was about 2 weeks ago.

No secret....there's a bike behind her....so telling.

Well, I chose that particular shot for obvious reasons, but I think the question was how did I know who it was.

I thought maybe the fact that she is biker friendly, that she had been publicized among bikers. If there is more to it, you might want to spill it....how do you know who she is? :lol:

I have powers not entrusted to mortal men.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning everyone and happy Day of Thunder!!

(In German, Thursday = Donnerstag and "Donner" = Thunder :D )

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

61e86de971a45fa719f11c0f8486e4e2.jpg

I have no idea, but she is so hot, I couldn't resist. I'm calling her "Miss Hotty".

:D

Help, anyone??

Yanno, this gave me an idea -- as a way to get rid of a found object...

Today's celebrity getting her hair set on fire by a cigarette:

sophia-loren-and-jane-mansfield11.jpg

Sophia Loren and a Chesterfield

OK without looking at the spoiler, I knew it was Jane Mansfield and Sophia Lauren. Code in the reply box confirmed it as if my super power could be wrong.

Forum List

Back