USMB Coffee Shop IV

The next front finally came in, snowing to beat the band (I love that phrase...... :D )
One problem with not working, one forgets to check the date, forgot February has only 28 days, just realized yesterday it was March....... gotta pay the rent....... :lol:

I know someone else who suffers senior moments like that. He sends his regards BTW. :)

Hey Bootneck. Good to see you. Is that someone you? Or who?

The next front finally came in, snowing to beat the band (I love that phrase...... :D )
One problem with not working, one forgets to check the date, forgot February has only 28 days, just realized yesterday it was March....... gotta pay the rent....... :lol:

Snowing at your house. And at our house 3 hours away it is 47 degrees and warming, the sun is shining, and the birds are chirping outside my office window.

I know someone else who suffers senior moments like that. He sends his regards BTW. :)

Moi? :badgrin: I'm not old enough to suffer senior moments! No, it was that old fart Colin I was referring to.

Whales, gorillas, chimpanzees, dolphins, elephants.
I keep being told these are some of the most intelligent animals on the planet, yet all of them are on the WWF endangered list.
Humans, dogs, cats --- not on the list.

Neither are cockroaches.

I'm curious,
if cockroaches were on the verge of becoming extinct, would the WWF be lobbying for their preservation?

Probably. I think I read recently that the oldest species living on Earth today are probably algae that have been here for more than a billion years, sponges and jelly fish that have been around for more than 500 million years, the horseshoe crab that has been around for more than 400 million years. Conversely the cockroach as been with us for only about 300 million years. All have long outlived the normal life expectancy for a species on Earth--most go extinct in a much shorter period. But since all those critters have survived multiple extreme climate shifts from ice ages to the super hot periods, it does give me encouragement that humans can survive that too. Unless we're just too 'smart' for our own good.

I got an email yesterday asking me to post on USMB. Anybody else get one? Have I been that absent lately?

This is the one I mentioned:

View attachment 37399
OOOOOOOO k... now that got my attention... I mean of course, I'm a single guy.
The picture doesn't do her justice. She is gorgeous. Half Panamanian, 23 with a Masters in child development and a PHD candidate.
Built like a brick......... and a 150 IQ. God was VERY kind to that girl. A bonus/curse is she is honest to a fault. Never ask her if your ass looks big in those pants, but she has a manager code to my registers.
Sounds like a one in a million. If I was only 30 years younger.

Got me another dozen Sewel, Ocelot banana plugs for my home theater, so that's what I'm doing today. Tinning cable and installing the banana plugs, speaker end. Receiver end is already done.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCE....

temps_zpswb2bmrw1.jpg

Snowing at your house. And at our house 3 hours away it is 47 degrees and warming, the sun is shining, and the birds are chirping outside my office window.
Heck for about a half hour the sun was out, it was still snowing, 30 degrees out and the snow on the vehicles and drive was melting......... The sun has disappeared again and it's still snowing....... :lol:

I got an email yesterday asking me to post on USMB. Anybody else get one? Have I been that absent lately?

You and Dajjal haven't been really active lately, but I just figured it was having to deal with real life stuff. They must have a new program going though that flags accounts that are inactive for so many days and sends out a reminder. I'm sure some will find that annoying but my promoters side sees that as potentially a good thing. I checked my recently deleted email again to be sure, and I don't think I got one of those emails. And Peach does make a post most days so I don't know what criteria they are using that triggers an invite back.

All bear should be handled like pork and depending on the time of year, black bear aren't near as tough as venison. Well fed fall bear are much better than skinny spring bear.
I've made some chili that was to die for and sauerbraten that was amazing.
As a matter of fact, bear sauerbraten is one of my favorite bear recipes. Bear also makes good BBQ, exact regional preparation is acceptable. I find fall bear a bit greasy and refrain from taking bear that has been feeding along the rivers because they tend to have an "off" flavor from eating rotting fish carcasses. Bears that have been eating roots and berries make a better meal.

Moi? :badgrin: I'm not old enough to suffer senior moments! No, it was that old fart Colin I was referring to.

Ah. Okay. Well tell him hi for us back. :)

Well the NM jobs didn't pan out, they were looking for someone who has experience with a specific software package the wife has never used. Still waiting to hear from El Paso, Las Vegas NV and now one in Irving TX that she just had a phone interview on.

Well the NM jobs didn't pan out, they were looking for someone who has experience with a specific software package the wife has never used. Still waiting to hear from El Paso, Las Vegas NV and now one in Irving TX that she just had a phone interview on.

I'm pretty sure you didn't want those NM jobs anyway. But keeping my fingers crossed for El Paso or whatever you do want.

Earlier the snow slowed down to flurries, went and paid the rent about a half hour ago and it started back up with a vengeance........ We can barely see across the street. They're not saying how much we'll get but I suspect it will not be more than a couple of inches. Tonight is supposed to get down in the single digits but tomorrow it's supposed to get up to the lower 40s with clear skies.

Forum List

Back