USMB Coffee Shop IV

wednesday_028.jpg

All bear should be handled like pork and depending on the time of year, black bear aren't near as tough as venison. Well fed fall bear are much better than skinny spring bear.
I've made some chili that was to die for and sauerbraten that was amazing.
As a matter of fact, bear sauerbraten is one of my favorite bear recipes. Bear also makes good BBQ, exact regional preparation is acceptable. I find fall bear a bit greasy and refrain from taking bear that has been feeding along the rivers because they tend to have an "off" flavor from eating rotting fish carcasses. Bears that have been eating roots and berries make a better meal.
I don't imagine you have beech trees there, but beechnut and apple fed bears of the Adirondack region of New York are top notch.

All bear should be handled like pork and depending on the time of year, black bear aren't near as tough as venison. Well fed fall bear are much better than skinny spring bear.
As a matter of fact, bear sauerbraten is one of my favorite bear recipes. Bear also makes good BBQ, exact regional preparation is acceptable. I find fall bear a bit greasy and refrain from taking bear that has been feeding along the rivers because they tend to have an "off" flavor from eating rotting fish carcasses. Bears that have been eating roots and berries make a better meal.
I don't imagine you have beech trees there, but beechnut and apple fed bears of the Adirondack region of New York are top notch.
No beech trees in our part of the woods, but loads of wild berries. Berry-fed bears are quite as tasty as your Adirondack bears, I'd wager.

It's a chilly night here in northwestern Illinois but at least it's not snowing! Going to warm up fairly soon though. I have certain body parts that are twitching...

No beech trees in our part of the woods, but loads of wild berries. Berry-fed bears are quite as tasty as your Adirondack bears, I'd wager.
The difference is an Adirondack fall bear, found early in the morning is usually drunk from feeding on fermented apples all night. They taste like hard cider.

Work has a fiscal year that doesn't follow the calendar year.
The time has come for mid-year performance appraisals that start with a self-review.
I did about 90% of my self appraisal today. I give myself a 5 on the 1 to 5 scale for every category and add the comment, "I am more fantastical than my amazingly fantastic performance of last year".
My boss will probably downgrade me to a 4 in her assessment because 5's aren't allowed.
A Fortune 500 company, and they think the standard bell curve is expected for the employees. Maybe they need to raise the standards for the HR recruiters.

Back from dinner that was TERRIFIC. And now getting ready to watch American Idol and The Voice that we are DVRing--will have to watch Survivor on demand tomorrow night because we can't DVR three show at the same time.

But did ya'll without clouds catch that moon tonight--one day shy of full--rising over our Sandia crest and in all its glory just after sundown tonight. Glorious.

Work has a fiscal year that doesn't follow the calendar year.
The time has come for mid-year performance appraisals that start with a self-review.
I did about 90% of my self appraisal today. I give myself a 5 on the 1 to 5 scale for every category and add the comment, "I am more fantastical than my amazingly fantastic performance of last year".
My boss will probably downgrade me to a 4 in her assessment because 5's aren't allowed.
A Fortune 500 company, and they think the standard bell curve is expected for the employees. Maybe they need to raise the standards for the HR recruiters.

My company has a 1 to 4 scale, and 4's aren't allowed...my boss likes me so much though, she gave me a 3.5. I'm da bomb.:thanks:

I got an email yesterday asking me to post on USMB. Anybody else get one? Have I been that absent lately?
Yep, I got one.
About 30 minutes after I spent a couple hours on the board.
They only sent that message to members they really love and appreciate I swear, it's true. :)

Ouch, I guess I'm unappreciated.:crybaby:

Well me too. We need to put together a great pity party immediately.

Well, Max has all his referrals and labs. Surgery tomorrow and he'll be down at least a month. The rest of us will be very busy taking up slack. I'll be doing a security shift tomorrow night from 8 till about 4 AM. I'll open up at 1 PM and then head home and try to get some sleep.

Please keep my friend in your thoughts while he recovers.

Forum List

Back