🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Vatican court head: No communion for Nancy Pelosi

Never should have been a question.

At least not based on what I know of the Catholic church...

agree. But in the United States RCC is "liberal" - i.e. traditionally supports Democrats to the point when it is publicly contradicting the very teachings of the Faith.

Should not EVER have been a question

I went to a Catholic school where the priests were pretty liberal but I also ran into them at the 2003 or 04 March for Life. I don't think any real priest supports abortion, and if for some reason they do I bet they could be convinced otherwise pretty easily.

well, I certainly hope so.
But you also know what I am hinting at as well.

Interesting.

I know this has been an on again, off again subject for debate over the years... Should the Catholic Church allow abortion supporters to have communion or not... It seems that the answer has been given... at least for now.

No communion for Nancy Pelosi: Vatican court head - Washington Times

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has no Catholic right to be granted Communion, said the leading cardinal of the highest court at the Vatican.

Mrs. Pelosi should be denied Communion until she changes her advocacy views on abortion, Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke said, according to the Western Center for Journalism.

That’s canon law, not opinion, he said. Canon 915 states that Catholics who are stubbornly contrary “in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion.”

And Cardinal Burke said Mrs. Pelosi fits the definition.

“Certainly this is a case when Canon 915 must be applied,” he said, the Western Center for Journalism reported. “This is a person who obstinately, after repeated admonitions, persists in a grave sin — cooperating with the crime of procured abortion — and still professes to be a devout Catholic.”

The cardinal also said that Mrs. Pelosi is a perfect example of Catholics who separate their faith from day-to-day living.

“This is a prime example of what Blessed John Paul II referred to as the situation of Catholics who have divorced their faith from their public life and therefore are not serving their brothers and sisters in the way that they must — in safeguarding and promoting the life of the innocent and defenseless unborn, in safeguarding and promoting the integrity of marriage and the family,” he said.

The Church cannot deny any sacrament to a supplicant who maintains a given position in good faith.

Moreover, one can both maintain moral opposition to abortion in accordance with Church dogma while at the same time respect the secular rule of law and the Constitutional right to privacy.

The Vatican’s unwarranted meddling demonstrates the wisdom of the Framers and their requirement that church and state remain separate.

Pelosi is NOT in a position of a good faith. And the ruling of the court is long overdue.

They should add the others. She is not alone, unfortunately.

Interesting.

I know this has been an on again, off again subject for debate over the years... Should the Catholic Church allow abortion supporters to have communion or not... It seems that the answer has been given... at least for now.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has no Catholic right to be granted Communion, said the leading cardinal of the highest court at the Vatican.

Mrs. Pelosi should be denied Communion until she changes her advocacy views on abortion, Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke said, according to the Western Center for Journalism.

That’s canon law, not opinion, he said. Canon 915 states that Catholics who are stubbornly contrary “in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion.”

“Certainly this is a case when Canon 915 must be applied,” he said, the Western Center for Journalism reported. “This is a person who obstinately, after repeated admonitions, persists in a grave sin — cooperating with the crime of procured abortion — and still professes to be a devout Catholic.”

The cardinal also said that Mrs. Pelosi is a perfect example of Catholics who separate their faith from day-to-day living.

“This is a prime example of what Blessed John Paul II referred to as the situation of Catholics who have divorced their faith from their public life and therefore are not serving their brothers and sisters in the way that they must — in safeguarding and promoting the life of the innocent and defenseless unborn, in safeguarding and promoting the integrity of marriage and the family,” he said.

I sure as hell wouldn't be a member of any religion, any church that told me how to think and told me I wasn't worthy of taking part in any of their rituals because I wasn't towing the thought line. All this proves is that the Catholic Church is run by Nazi type totalitarians. It's totally offensive. It's a perfect example of what is meant in the novel 1984 by 'thought crime.'

Last edited:
It's about time the Church treated Pelosi as she deserved.

She can become an Episcopalian.

Interesting.

The Church cannot deny any sacrament to a supplicant who maintains a given position in good faith.

Moreover, one can both maintain moral opposition to abortion in accordance with Church dogma while at the same time respect the secular rule of law and the Constitutional right to privacy.

The Vatican’s unwarranted meddling demonstrates the wisdom of the Framers and their requirement that church and state remain separate.

Pelosi is NOT in a position of a good faith.

And you of course are the one to judge that. :rofl:

One, abortion is a medical procedure, and murder is a legal term.

Two, the cardinal in the diocese which Pelosi holds membership will make that decision, if it is even considered.

Apparently there are still some who can't grasp the concept of "Representative"...

Oh btw about that 5th commandment thing --- look up the history of the Church's definition of when life begins, over the years.
Oops.

I don't care what was known in XI century on the anatomy and physiology of the human body. It is 2013 and we deciphered the human genome and learned a lot more to know that life begins at conception.

Nowadays EVERYONE knows that life begins at conception.
so does the Church.

and the ruling is RIGHT.

Finally.

End of story.

Oh yay! :clap2: The good ol' "everybody knows" fallacy.

Nothing like digging deep into the intellectual well, huh?

Interesting.

The Church most certainly can since this is a sacramental matter & thus under its pervue. Abortion in the eyes of the Church is an affront to creation & they correctly determined that a person is not worthy of receiving communion if they actively support it. The Church has been making moral judgements like this for over 2000 years. It's what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmW19uoyuO8

Mike Wallace: “You are out to destroy almost every edifice of the contemporary American way of life, our Judeo-Christian religion, our modified government regulated capitalism, our rule by majority will. Other reviews have said you scorn churches and the concept of God. Are these accurate criticisms?”

Ayn Rand: “Yes”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9SYodykMJQ

------------------------------

I remember when the Catholic Church helped the poor. I guess not anymore. They go after Nancy Pelosi but not Paul Ryan? I don't get it.

When it suits their agenda, rw's uh-DORE pro-choicers.

Funny to watch them wiggle around their own astounding hypocrisy.

This new progressive pope must be making some hypocritical catholics just nuts. They're fine with child molesters but hate pro-lifers.

They must get dizzy keeping it all straight.

the court IS :rolleyes:

did you manage to read the OP or it is too much for your brain?

Two, the cardinal in the diocese which Pelosi holds membership will make that decision, if it is even considered.

Correct.

The right to privacy concerning abortion is civil law, having nothing to do with criminal law such as murder.

The privilege to receive communion is a church matter. Secular law has no bearing. It's that whole separation of Church & State thing you libs always like to throw around. Guess what, it goes both ways...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
The Church most certainly can since this is a sacramental matter & thus under its pervue. Abortion in the eyes of the Church is an affront to creation & they correctly determined that a person is not worthy of receiving communion if they actively support it. The Church has been making moral judgements like this for over 2000 years. It's what they do.

so is the Church hierarchy structure. If anybody in the US in the RCC clergy would be stupid enough to risk his ordinance and give Pelosi communion after the Church court ruling - it will be punished immediately just to uphold the structure.

Funny how our leftard ignorants hope on the liberalization of the new Pope :lol:

The ruling is absolutely correct as far as the Church is concerned. Belonging to a church is a voluntary association. No one has to go to church or be a Catholic. If someone believes that it's okay to abort babies they can be anything they like except Catholic. They can lie about it and keep their objections private while publicly supporting abortion but they can't lie that way and be Catholic.

Every organization carries with it innate limitations. The NAACP would reject a white supremacist who gave appearances at Klan meetings even if he said he privately agreed with equality. You can't even belong to a bowling league if you oppose bowling and would rather play poker.

It is time for all the Nancy Pelosies to admit they have disagreements with Chruch doctrine and join a different church.

Apparently there are still some who can't grasp the concept of "Representative"...

Oh btw about that 5th commandment thing --- look up the history of the Church's definition of when life begins, over the years.
Oops.

I don't care what was known in XI century on the anatomy and physiology of the human body. It is 2013 and we deciphered the human genome and learned a lot more to know that life begins at conception.

Nowadays EVERYONE knows that life begins at conception.
so does the Church.

and the ruling is RIGHT.

Finally.

End of story.

Oh yay! :clap2: The good ol' "everybody knows" fallacy.

Nothing like digging deep into the intellectual well, huh?

and who is that "intellectual well"? YOU? :lol:

Correct.

The right to privacy concerning abortion is civil law, having nothing to do with criminal law such as murder.

The privilege to receive communion is a church matter. Secular law has no bearing. It's that whole separation of Church & State thing you libs always like to throw around. Guess what, it goes both ways...

Isn't Kiefer Sutherland one of those Hollywood liberals you right wingers express so much loathing for?

the court IS :rolleyes:

did you manage to read the OP or it is too much for your brain?

Fuck the OP. My screen says: "Quote: Originally Posted by Vox". Own it.
For that matter own your own post #22 where you did the same thing.

Once you muddle through that, go back to my original point: the meaning of a "Representative". Which makes all of this irrelevant.

:cuckoo:

This new progressive pope must be making some hypocritical catholics just nuts. They're fine with child molesters but hate pro-lifers.

They must get dizzy keeping it all straight.

The Pope just excommunicated a gay priest. He's not as progressive as you hoped.

Forum List

Back