Very simply, why I cannot stand Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump has had it easier from he press than any politician in history
Now that's funny.
44983fa3019e5fc8f59a4d196bba71d47347a3d18f5f93e37b19b92e6afd5644.gif
Him crying about the press is a tactic and clearly you’ve fallen for it
You on the left did what from the years 2009-2017? Every criticism of President Obama was a phony scandal or just a FOX News story which was just the lefts way of saying fake news and we had to listen to that despite the fact the previous President got some of the most favorable coverage in history.
Fox News was or is fake news

Imposing morality means the loss of freedom. Lack of morality means governance without empathy. Morality is a virtue. One each citizen should consider in their daily interactions with others and how they want their government to interact with its citizens.
And it is why the left chose to use the term "impose" when dispensing with the morality of the day, there was no law forcing morality on us just Americans shunning those they knew were immoral and the left taking up the cause of the shunned by denouncing their morals...so is your answer a yes or no? is there any benefit to our culture from turning our backs on public morality?...btw, trying to teach morals to those being shunned is where the phrase "don't impose your morality on me" came from.
When public morality strays from the kernel of moral behavior, treat others as you would be treated, there are some who would exploit that breach by actually imposing an immoral point of view. I cite marriage equality as such an example. Treat others as you would be treated suggests the private lives of others are out of bounds so long as those others are committing no crimes. The morality that calls for sequestering others based on their individual and lawful feelings and attitudes is in fact immoral when viewed through the lens of the Golden Rule.

Trump has had it easier from he press than any politician in history
Now that's funny.
44983fa3019e5fc8f59a4d196bba71d47347a3d18f5f93e37b19b92e6afd5644.gif
Him crying about the press is a tactic and clearly you’ve fallen for it
You on the left did what from the years 2009-2017? Every criticism of President Obama was a phony scandal or just a FOX News story which was just the lefts way of saying fake news and we had to listen to that despite the fact the previous President got some of the most favorable coverage in history.
Fox News was or is fake news
So is CNN and MSNBC.

I'm sorry, but I was raised as an American and maintain my love for this great country. And I cannot be convinced that selling,out my ordained morality to support such a buffoon.
I was raised during the 60's and 70's and liberalism taught us all not to impose our morality on others, prior to that lesson being forced upon us their were fewer gun laws and fewer school shootings, their was no epidemic of "death by sex" prior to the sexual revolution and no one needed to be reminded about "safe sex", public schools were run almost exclusively by parents and teachers working closely together with each other with no outside interference from the left and were allowed to pray and pledge if they wanted to...but we were ostracized out of our morality so I would thank you if you refrained from now pretending a lack of morality in anyone or anything is somehow anyone else's fault but the lefts.
Do you see Trump's lack of morality as a beneficial part of our culture today?
When did leftwingers suddenly start caring about morality?
Since the inception of morality. When did Righties stop caring about morality?
Leftwingers have always sneared at the concept of morality.

Do woo fewel bettah?
Wow. the peanut gallery is alive and well

you're half right

the damn press keeps reporting what trump does and a majority of americans realize he's a complete asshat

so unfair

sad
A majority of Americans are delighted with their latest paycheck.

i'm sure the extra $12 is a big deal at your house.

Yup, that must be why Democrats are pissing and moaning about wanting it back.

Imposing morality means the loss of freedom. Lack of morality means governance without empathy. Morality is a virtue. One each citizen should consider in their daily interactions with others and how they want their government to interact with its citizens.
And it is why the left chose to use the term "impose" when dispensing with the morality of the day, there was no law forcing morality on us just Americans shunning those they knew were immoral and the left taking up the cause of the shunned by denouncing their morals...so is your answer a yes or no? is there any benefit to our culture from turning our backs on public morality?...btw, trying to teach morals to those being shunned is where the phrase "don't impose your morality on me" came from.
When public morality strays from the kernel of moral behavior, treat others as you would be treated, there are some who would exploit that breach by actually imposing an immoral point of view. I cite marriage equality as such an example. Treat others as you would be treated suggests the private lives of others are out of bounds so long as those others are committing no crimes. The morality that calls for sequestering others based on their individual and lawful feelings and attitudes is in fact immoral when viewed through the lens of the Golden Rule.

So-called "gay marriage" is the opposite of morality.

Do woo fewel bettah?

you're half right

the damn press keeps reporting what trump does and a majority of americans realize he's a complete asshat

so unfair

sad

Good point. They constantly whine that the amount is nothing, but they whine constantly about it.

His policies and his lack of character. Make no mistake, I am not indicting his supporters. I assume they are all adults and can make up their own minds. But Trump himself is a loathesom person.

He could have devised a policy to control the border without breaking families. But he chose to do just that. Thus he has shown me that he has no empathy for the human race. He uses divisive and intentionally hurtful language to describe these unfortunate people. He has shown a lack of basic respect for his neighbor.

Meanwhile, I, for one, have been taught to treat my neighbor as I would be treated.

Trump decided to cut taxes for those who can afford it while providing no benefit to those who could least afford it. That tired old doctrine of trickle down economics has been roundly disproved as truth.

Trump doesn't just disagree with American institutions but demonizes them. This sets folks up to be cynical at best, dismissive at worst for our most valued institutions such as a free press (not the enemy of the people, but certainly the enemy of tyrants and Authoritarians), our justice system and law enforcement.

I cannot be inspired by someone who comports himself as such a brazen bully. I would opt for inspirational politics, not instigational politics.

I'm sorry, but I was raised as an American and maintain my love for this great country. And I cannot be convinced that selling,out my ordained morality to support such a buffoon.

Damn, sounds like you have one hell of a personal problem, 6.5 years to go.

BTW, when is your neighbor and their kids moving in with you?

If anyone told you at 18 they were going to take 3% of your life earnings and give you 1200 bucks a month if you live long enough. Who the fuck would take that? But it’s just the law so people do it.
It's more like 15%

you're half right

so unfair

sad

Good point. They constantly whine that the amount is nothing, but they whine constantly about it.

Pretty sad when they want their "crumbs" back.

I was raised during the 60's and 70's and liberalism taught us all not to impose our morality on others, prior to that lesson being forced upon us their were fewer gun laws and fewer school shootings, their was no epidemic of "death by sex" prior to the sexual revolution and no one needed to be reminded about "safe sex", public schools were run almost exclusively by parents and teachers working closely together with each other with no outside interference from the left and were allowed to pray and pledge if they wanted to...but we were ostracized out of our morality so I would thank you if you refrained from now pretending a lack of morality in anyone or anything is somehow anyone else's fault but the lefts.
Do you see Trump's lack of morality as a beneficial part of our culture today?
When did leftwingers suddenly start caring about morality?
Since the inception of morality. When did Righties stop caring about morality?
Leftwingers have always sneared at the concept of morality.
Well,here is a left winger giving a full throated defense of the Golden Rule. I wonder where my counterparts on the Right are?

Last edited:
His policies and his lack of character. Make no mistake, I am not indicting his supporters. I assume they are all adults and can make up their own minds. But Trump himself is a loathesom person.

He could have devised a policy to control the border without breaking families. But he chose to do just that. Thus he has shown me that he has no empathy for the human race. He uses divisive and intentionally hurtful language to describe these unfortunate people. He has shown a lack of basic respect for his neighbor.

Meanwhile, I, for one, have been taught to treat my neighbor as I would be treated.

Trump decided to cut taxes for those who can afford it while providing no benefit to those who could least afford it. That tired old doctrine of trickle down economics has been roundly disproved as truth.

Trump doesn't just disagree with American institutions but demonizes them. This sets folks up to be cynical at best, dismissive at worst for our most valued institutions such as a free press (not the enemy of the people, but certainly the enemy of tyrants and Authoritarians), our justice system and law enforcement.

I cannot be inspired by someone who comports himself as such a brazen bully. I would opt for inspirational politics, not instigational politics.

Damn, sounds like you have one hell of a personal problem, 6.5 years to go.

BTW, when is your neighbor and their kids moving in with you?

It's not a personal problem. It's a marginal problem.

And wishful thinking with that 6.5 years business. Trump, hopefully, won't have the opportunity to run for re-election.

You can't stand Donald Trump because he is pro-America, and you fucking hate America.
Oh shut up. We like the environment. We like a strong middle class. We like social security and Medicare

A strong middle class and Social Security are mutally exclusive. Social Security looted the middle class and made it dependent on government handouts.
You would prefer the elderly and infirmed live in desperate poverty?

The elderly are the wealthies quintile of Americans.
Because they got pensions and didn’t pay $100k for college

Whatever reason you name, the fact is the elderly are not in dire financial straights.

Based on what? Treat others as you would be treated?

Oh shut up. We like the environment. We like a strong middle class. We like social security and Medicare

A strong middle class and Social Security are mutally exclusive. Social Security looted the middle class and made it dependent on government handouts.
You would prefer the elderly and infirmed live in desperate poverty?

The elderly are the wealthies quintile of Americans.
Because they got pensions and didn’t pay $100k for college

Whatever reason you name, the fact is the elderly are not in dire financial straights.
Thanks to Social Security, ,edicare and individual savings. Conservatives have a nasty tendency to wreck pensions.

Based on what? Treat others as you would be treated?
I would treat everybody the same with a law that says marriage is a union between a man and a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back