Voting Machines are corrupting our elections.

Should we change our voting machines, and soon?

• Total voters
Voting machines should be banned they are way too easy to hack. Plain pencil and paper is enough to carry an election.

The way our current machines work, I would rather go back to the paper ballot. But we do have better technology available, and it can be verified.
The paper ballots have their own problems. Remember the infamous hanging chads?

On the contrary, G, electronic machines that have no verification methods (as our current machines) allow manipulation by multiple means on a vast scale. Vote tally reversals can be built-in to the software - has been detected upon investigation. A back-door password on networked machines could flip results - also has been detected. Etc., etc.

No, none of this has been detected. Bullshit. No one has ever found a voting machine that was deliberately rigged.

It's been tested to see if it is possible, and it is. And software glitches have been found to cause malfunctions. But actual fraud by these methods never been proven to actually have occurred.

Last edited:
Almost all voting machine problems are operator error, hardware or software malfunction, or just plain stupidity.

For example, the password for the Admin account on a voting machine in Virginia was "Admin". Stupid shit like that.

Nevertheless, no one has ever shown someone deliberately hacked a machine to rig an election.

Voting machines are like guns.

They just jump up and start doing stuff on their own. Killing people or casting votes for those who want to kill America.

Damn machines; can't trust any of 'em!

Voting machines are like guns.

They just jump up and start doing stuff on their own. Killing people or casting votes for those who want to kill America.

Damn machines; can't trust any of 'em!
You can trust the machines. To do exactly what they are told to do.

Electronic voting machines are not like guns. They are Garbage In, Garbage Out devices. If you screw up the programming, or don't train the operators properly, then you are going to have problems.

For example, the Florida district that registered twice as many votes as voters. That case is still bandied about as "proof" of fraud by Voter ID proponents, but in actuality the ballot was two pages and the machine was programmed to count each page as a cast vote. Thus, two pages were counted as two votes.

GIGO, not fraud.

Almost all voting machine problems are operator error, hardware or software malfunction, or just plain stupidity.

For example, the password for the Admin account on a voting machine in Virginia was "Admin". Stupid shit like that.

Nevertheless, no one has ever shown someone deliberately hacked a machine to rig an election.

The article is rather bogus...I am no republican fan, but no citizen must be deprivedof its right to cast its vote.
The fact that it can be done is reason enough to discard electronic voting machines.
Maryland Illinois Voting Machines May be Rigged for Democrats

I take it you are at least an electronic engineer or a computer scientist, like me. Else the "ignorant bullshit" would be you.

BS in MIS and 35 years in IT.

So you are a "computer scientist" yet claim that a device which has no networking, no serial or parallel ports, no USB input, no keyboard and no mouse, which use a touch screen locked to a PROM with the choices, with write results to an inserted card with an encapsulated eprom is "easy to hack?" :eek:

What are the blue hairs at the polling place doing, disassembling them and tapping the power leads together to produce binary and reprogram the write-once PROM?

Son, that is astoundingly stupid bullshit. You either have no clue what you're talking about, or are dishonest.

One way to account for consistent over vote in favor of Democrats.

I take it you are at least an electronic engineer or a computer scientist, like me. Else the "ignorant bullshit" would be you.

BS in MIS and 35 years in IT.

So you are a "computer scientist" yet claim that a device which has no networking, no serial or parallel ports, no USB input, no keyboard and no mouse, which use a touch screen locked to a PROM with the choices, with write results to an inserted card with an encapsulated eprom is "easy to hack?" :eek:

What are the blue hairs at the polling place doing, disassembling them and tapping the power leads together to produce binary and reprogram the write-once PROM?

Son, that is astoundingly stupid bullshit. You either have no clue what you're talking about, or are dishonest.
1) How do you ensure the software or PROM was programmed correctly ?
2) How do you do that for every single voting machine ?

3) Exactly which model of voting machine has "no networking" and no USB and if so, how do you get the results out of the machine?

Virginia voting machines certainly didn't have the specs you mention.
Meet the e-voting machine so easy to hack it will take your breath away Ars Technica

1) How do you ensure the software or PROM was programmed correctly ?

Test it - they are all the same - you know. Seeing how you're a "computer scientist" and all.

2) How do you do that for every single voting machine ?

Since PROM's are encoded from a master, they are exact duplicates.

3) Exactly which model of voting machine has "no networking" and no USB and if so, how do you get the results out of the machine?

The famous Diebold machines democrats attacked - the results are transmitted to the inserted card - which each voter is given.

Virginia voting machines certainly didn't have the specs you mention.
Meet the e-voting machine so easy to hack it will take your breath away Ars Technica

If Virginia actually put out machines using WiFi, their tech people should be fired.

Diebold machines are virtually impossible to hack.

If the proper safeguards are in place, voting machines aren't a problem.

Require Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails, logic and accuracy testing and a post election manual audit of the paper trail...no problem.

Voter ID is step in right direction to prevent fraud in urban areas.

The article is rather bogus...I am no republican fan, but no citizen must be deprivedof its right to cast its vote.
The fact that it can be done is reason enough to discard electronic voting machines.
A paper ballot box can be stuffed a lot easier than a voting machine hacked.

How would Voter ID stop someone from hacking a voting machine or stuffing a ballot box?

It wouldn't.

None of the voter frauds most commonly committed would be halted or prevented by Voter ID. Voter fraud has continued in those states which have Voter ID, including in Ohio where that woman voted for Obama six times which you numb nuts claim is proof we need Voter ID. Ohio has Voter ID and she STILL was able to vote six times.

Voter ID is a waste, a completely ineffective "cure" which only an ignorant rube can believe in.

A paper ballot box can be stuffed a lot easier than a voting machine hacked.
Ahem...no.

Really? So you can find me 1,000 cases of voter fraud in a single urban area that would have been stopped by a state issued photo I.D.?

Start listing.
They can't even find one. I've been asking for years for just one.

One!

They can't do it.

Forum List

Back