WalMart Donation Bins Out Again This Year - Cheap Bastards

Walmart really ought just shut down entirely.

That'll save all those folks from being forced to work all those low paying jobs!

Why not give them a raise? Why do they need to shut down entirely?
Raises are given fr merit not because you want to look like you care

Tapatalk

It's odd that you use the word "merit," which means good, worthy, or deserving, instead of productive.

Minimum Wage Would Be 21.72 If It Kept Pace With Increases In Productivity Study

That'll save all those folks from being forced to work all those low paying jobs!

Tapatalk

It's odd that you use the word "merit," which means good, worthy, or deserving, instead of productive.

Minimum Wage Would Be 21.72 If It Kept Pace With Increases In Productivity Study
Worthy. Only a fool rewards lazy workers

Tapatalk

Tapatalk

Tapatalk

Lazy? I wonder how they get the food on the shelves?

Do you suppose the Walmart CEO is working 600 times harder than the average employee?

The United Food and Commercial Workers union has sponsored protests at hundreds of Walmart locations across the country over the past two years. Those protests have elicited the support of a number of labor unions and agitators, but have been criticized for lacking the support of actual Walmart employees.

Union Front to Launch Mass 8216 Street Theater 8217 Protest on Black Friday Washington Free Beacon
Carla, this is nothing more than the union.

That's a RW rag.

Wiki

The Washington Free Beacon is an American web site that publishes news and associated content from a conservative perspective.

When will you ever understand that labor does not outwiegh the value of brain power, thus why getting an education is encouraged in this country. And, the labor of ringing up buttons, well, really it isn't that laborious. What they should do is take Walmarts offer to join their management training program, or their educational benefits up if they want to move their careers along, so their labor actually brings more value to themselves and their families through more brain power.
And the most important point is overall, Walmart employees are happy with their non union jobs. It is unions stirring up problems.

I once was in retail. I decided to work and study hard to get more for myself and my family. And I did and was able to give more to them.

Tapatalk

Tapatalk

Do you suppose the Walmart CEO is working 600 times harder than the average employee?

Canada s union for Walmart workers joins global protests for decent work at Walmart - MarketWatch

Union-sponsored protest calls out Walmart
Labor Relations Board OKs union paying workers to protest Walmart WashingtonExaminer.com
Health care workers union protests outside Walmart in Milford video
The United Food and Commercial Workers union has sponsored protests at hundreds of Walmart locations across the country over the past two years. Those protests have elicited the support of a number of labor unions and agitators, but have been criticized for lacking the support of actual Walmart employees.

Union Front to Launch Mass 8216 Street Theater 8217 Protest on Black Friday Washington Free Beacon
Carla, this is nothing more than the union.

That's a RW rag.

Wiki

The Washington Free Beacon is an American web site that publishes news and associated content from a conservative perspective.

Tapatalk

Tapatalk

I am not jealous like you

Tapatalk

2ee01d7a5bd64fa2eb9da19145c8d23b194e31d87fb1903a773f3fd54dd6527b.jpg

Cheap, cheap bastards.... THey are number 6- 9 of the top 10 wealthiest Americans according to Forbes. And yet they are not too proud to beg from their own employees. Shame.....

They are worth $140,000,000,000 and they won't pay a living wage.

#6 Christy Walton & family $41.1 B $38 B 59 Jackson, WY Wal-Mart
#7 Jim Walton $40 B $36 B 66 Bentonville, AR Wal-Mart
#8 Alice Walton $38.5 B $34.9 B 65 Fort Worth, TX Wal-Mart
#9 S. Robson Walton $38.5 B $34.8 B 70 Bentonville, AR

Henry Ford would be disgusted.

Henry Ford said often he wanted to make a product that even his own employees could afford, that's how you do it.
These fuckers are 21st century railroad barons who use a new minority to abuse, Hispanics and Blacks, instead of the Chinese.

I'm glad I live in the Midwest where the concept of One stop shopping was invented. The Walton's ripped off the idea from the Meijer family, who, incidentally, not only allows their employees to unionize, but also hasn't gone public.

This allows them to make all the decisions and keep control of the business so they don't have to be accountable, by law to stockholders. The profit motive is NOT their biggest or only overriding concern. They have never had growing to big or expansion so large that they lose their identity, values and soul at the expense of communities and folks they serve.

In my town, the Meijer and Wall-mart are side by side. You notice the difference EVEN IN THE PARKING LOTS. The people who drive in the Meijer parking lot are more attentive, courteous and kind. They pay attention, and wait for each other at the stop signs. The parking lot lines are straight, because the drivers have no problem pulling in and out of them.

At Wall-mart, everyone is rude, in a rush and doesn't pay attention. You are liable to get hit if you don't watch yourself. They cut you off, and don't know how to drive worth a damn. They also angle the parking space line, so you need to pull in to the lanes the correct way, or else you can't park, because none of the customers know how to pull in and out of spaces.

Don't even get me started on the service desk. Or how NOBODY is ever around if you need help at a Wall-mart. Those stores are awful. They only time I go into them is around Christmas because they have a slightly better selection if my kid wants something I can't find.

I'll gladly pay the extra couple cents a product might cost at Meijer. That extra five bucks every shopping trip is worth every penny to keep a morally decent store like Meijer in my state.

Wall-mart drives me nuts and disgusts me.

LI-sculp-GR-052b.jpg

6962551388_9ef88927fc.jpg

frederik-meijer-garden-tulip-time-grand-rapids-mi-debra-miller.jpg

So because Wal Mart beat Meijer at the expansion game you don't like the Waltons?

The Meijer's (billionaires also) aren't exactly the salt of the earth types either.

I think it's funny that you are making character generalizations based on your experiences at one store. I remember Meijer from when I lived in Michigan. Let's just say that they weren't in the good neighborhoods back then.

The Waltons got rich by going global. The Meijers got rich by having better PR to soak the midwest union culture.

Oh, I've went to many Meijers and Wal-Marts through out the nation. I don't base it off of just the one particular incidence.

What I would like to point out, is that I think your memory as a kid might be skewed by your adult partisan political ideology though. The facts just don't bear out what you are saying.

The Meijer family does their research and always places their stores in solidly middle class or working class neighborhoods. When they do, the neighborhood stays that way because they provide good jobs, and other businesses spring up around them.

Take Flint for instance. Long known nationwide as one of the worst cities in the nation. Lets have a look at the income and crime map shall we?

flint-mi-crime-map.png

The blue areas are the nice areas, the light blue and white area are places you don't want to be after dark. Now lets have a look at the Meijer locations, okay?

3446-1416685281-2370a8976828a7ff0e4fb7a4c0d8e59a.jpg

So yeah, as we can see, you were making shit up. Other than Burton, Meijer keeps neighborhoods nice, or they locate where there are jobs and they provide quality living and are the rock in their community. And even in Burton, you see that island of Blue? Yeah, that would be the Meijer.

The same can be said for the Meijer in the Township in Saginaw. There isn't any on the East side.

You will find the same thing repeated in Lansing, GR and down in the Metro Area.

Guess you must have been raised down in the SW corner by Kzoo or up in the NW corner by Traverse city, I don't know much about those areas. Either that or you were raised with a silver spoon in your mouth and always shopped at Trader Joe's, because I don't know WTF you are talking about.

Cheap, cheap bastards.... THey are number 6- 9 of the top 10 wealthiest Americans according to Forbes. And yet they are not too proud to beg from their own employees. Shame.....

They are worth $140,000,000,000 and they won't pay a living wage.

#6 Christy Walton & family $41.1 B $38 B 59 Jackson, WY Wal-Mart
#7 Jim Walton $40 B $36 B 66 Bentonville, AR Wal-Mart
#8 Alice Walton $38.5 B $34.9 B 65 Fort Worth, TX Wal-Mart
#9 S. Robson Walton $38.5 B $34.8 B 70 Bentonville, AR

Henry Ford would be disgusted.

Henry Ford said often he wanted to make a product that even his own employees could afford, that's how you do it.
These fuckers are 21st century railroad barons who use a new minority to abuse, Hispanics and Blacks, instead of the Chinese.

I'm glad I live in the Midwest where the concept of One stop shopping was invented. The Walton's ripped off the idea from the Meijer family, who, incidentally, not only allows their employees to unionize, but also hasn't gone public.

This allows them to make all the decisions and keep control of the business so they don't have to be accountable, by law to stockholders. The profit motive is NOT their biggest or only overriding concern. They have never had growing to big or expansion so large that they lose their identity, values and soul at the expense of communities and folks they serve.

In my town, the Meijer and Wall-mart are side by side. You notice the difference EVEN IN THE PARKING LOTS. The people who drive in the Meijer parking lot are more attentive, courteous and kind. They pay attention, and wait for each other at the stop signs. The parking lot lines are straight, because the drivers have no problem pulling in and out of them.

At Wall-mart, everyone is rude, in a rush and doesn't pay attention. You are liable to get hit if you don't watch yourself. They cut you off, and don't know how to drive worth a damn. They also angle the parking space line, so you need to pull in to the lanes the correct way, or else you can't park, because none of the customers know how to pull in and out of spaces.

Don't even get me started on the service desk. Or how NOBODY is ever around if you need help at a Wall-mart. Those stores are awful. They only time I go into them is around Christmas because they have a slightly better selection if my kid wants something I can't find.

I'll gladly pay the extra couple cents a product might cost at Meijer. That extra five bucks every shopping trip is worth every penny to keep a morally decent store like Meijer in my state.

Wall-mart drives me nuts and disgusts me.

LI-sculp-GR-052b.jpg

6962551388_9ef88927fc.jpg

frederik-meijer-garden-tulip-time-grand-rapids-mi-debra-miller.jpg

So because Wal Mart beat Meijer at the expansion game you don't like the Waltons?

The Meijer's (billionaires also) aren't exactly the salt of the earth types either.

I think it's funny that you are making character generalizations based on your experiences at one store. I remember Meijer from when I lived in Michigan. Let's just say that they weren't in the good neighborhoods back then.

The Waltons got rich by going global. The Meijers got rich by having better PR to soak the midwest union culture.

Oh, I've went to many Meijers and Wal-Marts through out the nation. I don't base it off of just the one particular incidence.

What I would like to point out, is that I think your memory as a kid might be skewed by your adult partisan political ideology though. The facts just don't bear out what you are saying.

The Meijer family does their research and always places their stores in solidly middle class or working class neighborhoods. When they do, the neighborhood stays that way because they provide good jobs, and other businesses spring up around them.

Take Flint for instance. Long known nationwide as one of the worst cities in the nation. Lets have a look at the income and crime map shall we?

flint-mi-crime-map.png

The blue areas are the nice areas, the light blue and white area are places you don't want to be after dark. Now lets have a look at the Meijer locations, okay?

3446-1416685281-2370a8976828a7ff0e4fb7a4c0d8e59a.jpg

So yeah, as we can see, you were making shit up. Other than Burton, Meijer keeps neighborhoods nice, or they locate where there are jobs and they provide quality living and are the rock in their community. And even in Burton, you see that island of Blue? Yeah, that would be the Meijer.

The same can be said for the Meijer in the Township in Saginaw. There isn't any on the East side.

You will find the same thing repeated in Lansing, GR and down in the Metro Area.

Guess you must have been raised down in the SW corner by Kzoo or up in the NW corner by Traverse city, I don't know much about those areas. Either that or you were raised with a silver spoon in your mouth and always shopped at Trader Joe's, because I don't know WTF you are talking about.
What complete Bullshit.

Tapatalk

Forum List

Back