Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

AHHH I see. 1. they are trying to defeat the drive to unionize

Yes, the free market can effect change without the government having to interfere.

2. They are trying to compete with COSTCO ( which btw pays MUCH higher wages)

What is stopping Walmart employees from taking their services to the much better paying Costco?

3. They won't WIN! :)

Which "they"? Seems the six people you mentioned before are doing alot of winning.

The free market? No government interference?

Is that how you are going to spin the fact that the labor market is improving and that wages are finally going up? It's because the government.....led by Barack Obama.......has moved aside and let the free market do it's thing?

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lmao

Walmart, the frequent focus of advocates for low-wage workers, is giving its lowest-paid workers a raise.

The company said 500,000 full-time and part-time associates, more than a third of its work force at Walmart (WMT) U.S. stores and Sam's Clubs, will receive pay raises in April to at least $9 an hour. That will be $1.75 above the federal minimum wage.

By next February 1, their pay will go to at least $10 an hour
Walmart raises pay well above minimum wage - Feb. 19 2015
And they did it because of market forces

That's really gotta leave the libs butt sore

This is wonderful news. I just heard all Walmart employees will now be paid $9 and next year or in the future it will be $10 hr. I may actually shop at Walmart now.

Walmart employees to get raises

Bout fucking time.

Token concession. If they kept wages tied to inflation they'd be getting like $22/hour. Something's better than nothing, but to me it's like they did a tiny increase just to make them appear better than they are.

Should give them the $15 they've been asking for. Still WAY below adjusted for inflation.

Lmao

Walmart, the frequent focus of advocates for low-wage workers, is giving its lowest-paid workers a raise.

The company said 500,000 full-time and part-time associates, more than a third of its work force at Walmart (WMT) U.S. stores and Sam's Clubs, will receive pay raises in April to at least $9 an hour. That will be $1.75 above the federal minimum wage.

And they did it because of market forces

That's really gotta leave the libs butt sore

Silly nutter. Libs LOVE it when wages go up. Kind of like we love it when Americans succeed. When American workers can buy more shit. When the future becomes a little brighter.

The idea that you and your nutter friends THINK that this is some kind of affirmation of policies which you promote.....you know...the ones that are not being employed right now....is FUCKING funny.

I bet those workers will scoff the extra $1000 a year they make and buy a new car with it...LOL. I would hope they don't look upon their jobs as actual jobs but something to simply earn some extra spending money with. I feel bad for them. A college degree in a field that is in demand would make them 3 times that starting off. Its all about education, plain and simple.

This is wonderful news. I just heard all Walmart employees will now be paid $9 and next year or in the future it will be $10 hr. I may actually shop at Walmart now.

Bout fucking time.

Token concession. If they kept wages tied to inflation they'd be getting like $22/hour. Something's better than nothing, but to me it's like they did a tiny increase just to make them appear better than they are.

Should give them the $15 they've been asking for. Still WAY below adjusted for inflation.

Why should they pay kids from Democrat high schools $22/hour for not being able to read or write?

Bout fucking time.

Why should they pay kids from Democrat high schools $22/hour for not being able to read or write?

Because Wal-Mart's arguably the biggest employer we have in the country, and they pay a helluva lot of taxes. Without their employees though they're nothing. So I'd rather they keep their employees on cloud 9 and go on paying those taxes benefitting the rest of us.

Plus, it's simply fair and just. Not a popular reason I understand, but I'm all about fair and just.

Whoooo WEEE! What a SWEET DEAL! 9$ an hour! IMPRESSIVE! Pat yourselves on the back Wal Mart...I mean while 6 heirs of wal mart are worth more than the lower 40% of Americans workers get a HUGE raise to 9$ an hour!
Agreed. 9$ an hour more than enough to live on. Oh wait it is about the Obamacare thang. Don't tell the locksteppers.

The biggest winners are going to be the American tax payers who will be subsidizing Walmart workers less as the employee's income is increased. Government benefits like Medicaid and SNAPS are based on income. The employees who are now collecting these benefits will collect less.

They will be subsidized less but I do feel they should receive those subsidies as one can't pay one bill on $9 an hour. So its a win win. They get gov't assistance and make a little more so they can at least survive.

Bout fucking time.

Because Wal-Mart's arguably the biggest employer we have in the country, and they pay a helluva lot of taxes. Without their employees though they're nothing. So I'd rather they keep their employees on cloud 9 and go on paying those taxes benefitting the rest of us.

Plus, it's simply fair and just. Not a popular reason I understand, but I'm all about fair and just.

Same reason ford pays its employees so well. So they'll buy cars. Walmarts sales would go up if they paid better. Probably this factored in to their decision to give raises. Next year $10 hr. I can't expect more from them.

Lmao

Why would liberals hate that? Walmart got pressured into doing the right thing (at least to some extent). By whom?

By liberals. By pro-labor advocates.

Lmao

Us libs love it! Its what we've been arguing for. You guys didn't think Walmart should. You said costs would go up and the employees didn't deserve it. Change your mind?

Best righties will say is they don't care...NOW. Sure seemed to care before.

This is what republicans do. Fight even though they know they are wrong then switch their positions once they can no longer keep up their obviously wrong position.

Similar to how they said unions are the problem but then we see ford had record profits. And ignore they paid their employees record profit sharing. You are jealous. You don't want Walmart workers to get raises because you arent getting a raise.

Lmao

This would be like me saying "jeb bush won. Conservatives are going to hate this". Are you really this much of a bullshit spin artist where even when you lose you win?

Lmao

This would be like me saying "jeb bush won. Conservatives are going to hate this". Are you really this much of a bullshit spin artist where even when you lose you win?
Boo boo getting mad :)

So much for the RWnut nonsense that Walmart can't afford to pay its employees more.
We never ever said that. @ $2 bucks adding just and extra 380 million in payroll they could,afford to pay all of them $18 bucks am hour and still make a profit.

Forum List

Back