Want gun control? Fight smart.

I would love to know what law would have stopped that kid from shooting up the school.
The law that says a person can't buy a hand gun until they are 21, should have included semi automatics like the AR15.
So they can vote and join the military, were coincidentally they will be fire more powerful and fully automatic weapons, but not buy a semi-automatic weapon. You should be aware that a lot of hunting rifles are also semi-automatic.

I would love to know what law would have stopped that kid from shooting up the school.
The law that says a person can't buy a hand gun until they are 21, should have included semi automatics like the AR15.
18 year olds love to hunt. I am sure they appreciate you stripping their freedoms for being COMPLETELY innocent.
Even if, he would have just used something else. So, what kind of law would have stopped him from shooting up that school?
AR 15 s Are not hunting long guns.
Yes they are...

18 year olds love to hunt. I am sure they appreciate you stripping their freedoms for being COMPLETELY innocent.
Even if, he would have just used something else. So, what kind of law would have stopped him from shooting up that school?

Well a 18 year old can go to war and risk his life so I agree with you there..but a 18 year old who's brain isn't developed yet ( the part where we weigh in consequence) is not developed yet..

Why does he need an assault rifle at 18 ?

Ar15 is just a sporting rifle, nothing more nothing less

You realize, of course, that hunting has frak all to do with the 2nd Amendment.
Try reading all of the remarks. I'm responding to OP's assertion that nobody hunts with an AR15.
The general response is, yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting. That is all I'm saying.
ARs are great hunting rifles no two ways about it. After all. They are sporting rifles...

yes, you can hunt with an AR15, but as we get talking, no one I've talked to actually uses one for hunting.
No surprise that. On several hunting enthusiast sites one finds lists of the editors' top pics for deer hunting.
Of all the rifles mentioned, only once is an AR-15 variant cited as among the best rifles for hunting deer.

I also checked a few sites/listings focused on big game hunting. Again, the AR-15 ilk of guns didn't appear.
So while one may or may not be able to use an AR-15-like rifle for hunting, there are plenty of alternatives up and down the the price spectrum.

AR-15s are not really good weapons for deer hunting. They are fine for smaller animals such as young hogs, wolves and coyotes.
:bsflag:
You do realize ARs are available in several cartridges? Btw .223 is a great deer round.. shit for brains

Though David Brooks is one of the last sane Republicans .. the time has come to MARCH!

“Amal and I are so inspired by the courage and eloquence of these young men and women from Stoneman Douglas High School,” Clooney said in a statement. “Our family will be there on March 24 to stand side by side with this incredible generation of young people from all over the country, and in the name of our children Ella and Alexander, we’re donating 500,000 dollars to help pay for this groundbreaking event. Our children’s lives depend on it.”​

Follow in the steps of George Clooney - DONATE!

Home
Pussy

It is adequate on small to medium animals in certain situations.

It's been known to take down some pretty large animals ...

terrorists.jpg

Clearly. What we need to solve the problem of wackos shooting people is to have more workshops teaching us how to fight.
Armed teachers. Why do ignore the only real answer?
Not familiar with sarcasm?

Ya gotta cut Mikey some slack........some days he's a little slow on the uptake. But we keep him around like a lost puppy
I recognize rights trashing scum when I read them.

:itsok: down Fido ;)
Poor Fido was dropped on his head.

I would like to thank TNHarley for his contribution in this thread.

He has thrown his hands up in the air and given up. That is his personal response to realizing that he's on the wrong side of yet another issue.

What law would have stopped that kid from shooting up that school? He asks. And then proceeds to shit on every suggestion that is thrown his way. He's got a fucking defeatist response ready for every one. Pulled rigtt from the depths of his stanky ass.

This shit is just a part of life in America, right guy? It's part of the price of freedom.....right?

Pay attention friend. There will be some new laws passed. You won't like them. And then you will hope they fail. You will then celebrate any mass shooting that takes place as proof that the laws didn't work.

Such is the life of a person who cannot honestly evaluate his own failings.

Am I to understand that because a law won't stop anyone running a red light there should not be such a law? That is an apparent logical implication of your request.

Traffic laws are geared towards normal every day citizens, not whackos who want to kill a bunch of people!

You are trying to gear LAWS towards crazy and mentally ill people!!! Of course that is NEVER going to work!

Basically, you are saying, oh, so you want to kill a bunch of people, well just make sure you don't use an AR-15 to do it. Goodness, the entire concept is ridiculous beyond belief.

Damn it. Laws only work on the LAW ABIDING people. You cannot make laws geared towards nut cases and expect them to FOLLOW your laws. Good Lord! Just the fact that I have to explain this to fully grown adults is pathetic!

Laws work on people who are sane and able to weigh the pros and cons of breaking the law. People who are INSANE and want to kill a bunch of schoolkids are not going to be able to be controlled by LAWS. Obviously. That is why we have CRIMINALS who break laws. These school shooters are among that group - CRIMINALS.

You also all seem to IGNORE the black market. Anytime something is made illegal or banned, you can easily obtain it on the black market! Duh!

A psychotic person who is more than likely also suffering from paranoid delusions is NOT going to be stopped unless you stop him physically!

Why not take a look at how EFFECTIVE your gun control laws have been! IOW, they haven't been effective at ALL! Oh, so throw a few more "feel good" laws out there so you feel like you've "done something"??? All the while you IGNORE the actual problem and want to put a Band Aid (and a cheap dollar store one at that) on it.

Damn it. Laws only work on the LAW ABIDING people. You cannot make laws geared towards nut cases and expect them to FOLLOW your laws. Good Lord! Just the fact that I have to explain this to fully grown adults is pathetic!

sure you can.

A law abiding person sold Cruz those guns. If it were illegal to sell those guns, he wouldn't hvae been able to buy one.

this isn't complicated.

Why not take a look at how EFFECTIVE your gun control laws have been! IOW, they haven't been effective at ALL! Oh, so throw a few more "feel good" laws out there so you feel like you've "done something"??? All the while you IGNORE the actual problem and want to put a Band Aid (and a cheap dollar store one at that) on it.

Oh, I agree, what we need to do is completely ban private gun ownership like every other civilized country has done.

Anything else is a half measure.

Forum List

Back