Was Bush the worst President ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was George W. Bush the worst president ever? - The Week

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleisher told NBC News: "I'm increasingly doubtful, just because I think the lens of history is not changing. A lot of us used to say President Bush will look good and he'll be vindicated in the public eye. But realistically speaking, I don't see a lot of the people who write history all of a sudden changing their mind about George W. Bush."

As Jill Lawrence points out, the polling of historians seems to back this up.

Nearly 60 percent of the historians and political scientists in a 2006 Siena College survey rated Bush's presidency a failure and two-thirds said he did not have a realistic chance of improving his standing.

No, Bush is not the worst. I would give that honor to James Buchanon. Bush will wind up on the low end in the rankings.

WASHINGTON -- In the winter of 1996, forest fires were raging across a tinder-dry Texas. Then-Gov. George W. Bush met the press to outline the state's response.

He told reporters assembled in an ornate meeting room in the capitol that he was, of course, on top of the situation, but that the man in charge of operations was an official from the forestry department.

Bush called him to the microphone. "Come on up here, Tree Man," said Bush.

He didn't know the man's name, let alone the details of the man's position. George W. Bush had been governor for more than a year.

More: George W. Bush, From 'Tree Man' To Cheney: A Study In Lack Of Curiosity - By Howard Fineman

Is Obama responsible for anything yet?
He has been president for more than 4 years now.

Come on Toddster! That's a silly question. Barack Obama is responsible for anything good that happens during his Presidency. Anything bad that happens is the fault of George W. Bush or the Congress. Osama bin Laden killed? Barry was running that show! Our Ambassador killed in Libya? Nah, Barry didn't have anything to do with that! It's a variation on the "Heads, I win...tails, you lose" concept.

Why do you righties keep avoiding the question? By the way - facts do matter.

What "new" debt has Obama created that wasn't a direct/indirect result of Bush actions and policies? Some "credible" proof would be nice...

What has Obama done to charge course from those policies?:confused:

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleisher told NBC News: "I'm increasingly doubtful, just because I think the lens of history is not changing. A lot of us used to say President Bush will look good and he'll be vindicated in the public eye. But realistically speaking, I don't see a lot of the people who write history all of a sudden changing their mind about George W. Bush."

Nearly 60 percent of the historians and political scientists in a 2006 Siena College survey rated Bush's presidency a failure and two-thirds said he did not have a realistic chance of improving his standing.

No, Bush is not the worst. I would give that honor to James Buchanon. Bush will wind up on the low end in the rankings.
Bad as he was, Chimpola doesn't even crack the top (or bottom) five of the last century.

But don't let that interrupt the big leftbat circle jerk, of dumbfucks who act like history started in 1970.

Bush and Obama will end up close to end other.

Come on Toddster! That's a silly question. Barack Obama is responsible for anything good that happens during his Presidency. Anything bad that happens is the fault of George W. Bush or the Congress. Osama bin Laden killed? Barry was running that show! Our Ambassador killed in Libya? Nah, Barry didn't have anything to do with that! It's a variation on the "Heads, I win...tails, you lose" concept.

Why do you righties keep avoiding the question? By the way - facts do matter.

What "new" debt has Obama created that wasn't a direct/indirect result of Bush actions and policies? Some "credible" proof would be nice...

What has Obama done to charge course from those policies?:confused:
Exactly nothing.

But it's all Shrubbie's fault! :rolleyes:

36360146.jpg

No, George W. Bush is not the worst president ever, he is not even on the top 5 list of worst presidents ever. And for that matter, Barack Obama would not even be on the list of 5 worst presidents either.

By far, the worst president ever was Teddy Roosevelt, a true America-hating progressive. One of Teddy's lesser known quotes was "to hell with the Constitution". Teddy, also ran as a 3rd party candidate with the progressive Bull Moose party to take votes away from Howard Taft and give the election to the 2nd worst president ever, Woodrow Wilson. Wilson, who with a Democrat majority in the house and senate sold the right of congress to coin money to the federal reserve, and of course we can see where this has lead us.

The remaining 3 of the five worst presidents ever: FDR, Lyndon B. Johnson and Jimmy Carter.

No, George W. Bush is not the worst president ever, he is not even on the top 5 list of worst presidents ever. And for that matter, Barack Obama would not even be on the list of 5 worst presidents either.

By far, the worst president ever was Teddy Roosevelt, a true America-hating progressive. One of Teddy's lesser known quotes was "to hell with the Constitution". Teddy, also ran as a 3rd party candidate with the progressive Bull Moose party to take votes away from Howard Taft and give the election to the 2nd worst president ever, Woodrow Wilson. Wilson, who with a Democrat majority in the house and senate sold the right of congress to coin money to the federal reserve, and of course we can see where this has lead us.

The remaining 3 of the five worst presidents ever: FDR, Lyndon B. Johnson and Jimmy Carter.

I wouldnt put TR on there...I disagreed with some of his stuff, but agreed with others.....but FDR, LBJ, Carter, Harding, and maybe Andrew Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back