Was it really necessary to gun down the Capitol Hill chase driver?

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZysQcKJhr1s]BREAKING: Multiple Injured, High Speed Car Chase Ends after Multiple Gunshots on Capitol Hill - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, he or she made a big mistake, trying to go through the barriers, but the death penalty is not called for, and the police are not judges. They are neither juries or executioners, yet they acted as such. The woman was getting out of the car, in all common sense, to surrender. These cops should be fired. :mad:

How did they know the car wasn't packed with explosives? It is an extremely sensitive area, after all.

Yes, they should of blasted her beyond recognition.

We need more severe consequences for crimes

Wonder if Obama had another daughter she would look like Mirimm Carey?

Actually, looks like his old lady....

-Geaux

miriam-1.jpg

Last edited:

For what reason? She wasn't a danger to anyone or the police.

You question was answered in the thread.

By the way..I wish the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center were shot down too.

No it wasn't. The police can't go around gunning people down just because it's convenient for them. What will happen the next time a car chase ends up at a gas station or at the gates of a PG&E gas factory?

How did they know the car wasn't packed with explosives? It is an extremely sensitive area, after all.

How would shooting her improve that situation?
How could it have hurt? She wouldn't get the chance to detonate perhaps. You don't go barreling a car in to highly sensitive areas and not expect deadly force, period. The world has changed.

Or if that's the case, she'd possibly have a deadman's switch. The police are not trained good enough to make those decisions. The Bomb Squad is.

By the way..I wish the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center were shot down too.

No it wasn't. The police can't go around gunning people down just because it's convenient for them. What will happen the next time a car chase ends up at a gas station or at the gates of a PG&E gas factory?

I agree, a Rodney King scenario would of been a better method. But seeing as this was a black woman, not an option

-Geaux

Sure it was.

She was in a highly sensitive area, she refused to obey police instructions, she was driving erratically and she used her car to plow into several officers.

Sure it was.

She was in a highly sensitive area, she refused to obey police instructions, she was driving erratically and she used her car to plow into several officers.

:slap: She did those reckless acts, yes, but when she got out of the car to surrender, the only thing that mattered under police procedure is whether she had a weapon or not.

Sure it was.

:slap: She did those reckless acts, yes, but when she got out of the car to surrender, the only thing that mattered under police procedure is whether she had a weapon or not.

The procedure is to neutralize all threats to the government.

That's what they did.

She was really speeding down the streets, 80 mph at some point. They thought she was going to kill someone in those DC crowds.

She had no regard for that child in the back seat, she was desperate for whatever reason. I don't agree with violence but I also don't see how they could remain calm in that atmosphere. Tension was high.

I was shocked at that event. They must have been too.

BREAKING: Multiple Injured, High Speed Car Chase Ends after Multiple Gunshots on Capitol Hill - YouTube

Ok, he or she made a big mistake, trying to go through the barriers, but the death penalty is not called for, and the police are not judges. They are neither juries or executioners, yet they acted as such. The woman was getting out of the car, in all common sense, to surrender. These cops should be fired. :mad:

If the officers hadn't acted as they did, and others had been killed you and your kind would be asking why they didn't act.

Highly trained, these officers seem to have acted within their use of force policy, which will be reviewed by management staff of each agency involved, by reading each report filed by every officer who was actively involved and viewing videos of the three-minute or so event.

They had her stopped, and it is clear they did nothing to contain her. They left a way for her to get away. 50 gunshots in a busy area are far more dangerous to the public than a speeding driver. I am amazed that the anti gun nuts are so supportive of the police killing this woman and endangering the public safety with such a rain of bullets. I think at some level they believe this woman really was a danger to their lord and savior, which she clearly was not. She was a traffic violator initially. Engaging her in a high speed chase was far more dangerous to the public. They should use the resources they have, like for instance the ability to contact other officers in the direction she is heading and cut her off, rather than all of them hanging behind her and chasing her through a busy city. And yes, DC is busy even if much of it is shut down.

Sure it was.

The procedure is to neutralize all threats to the government.

That's what they did.

Was she going to jump out of her car, scale the WH fence, dart inside and assassinate the president? :lol:

Maybe, she was going to burn down the WH. :eek:

Forum List

Back