WATCH: Prosecution Appears to Fall Apart as Rittenhouse ‘Victim’ Admits He Pulled Gun First

You miss the point. The facts are predetermined by America's legitimizing people to carry guns on the streets to intimidate others.
Please demonstrate your rational basis for this statement.
That provided the opportunity for murder.
It provided the opportunity for self-defense
And now a not guilty verdict will eliminate the questions of whether it will be self defense or murder.
There was never really any question, at least not for people not pre-disposed against the use of a firearm in self-defense.
Will murder of black men by gun or by lynching be the acceptable punishment for drinking from a 'whites only' water fountain?
Don't know. Tell us.
Provide the rational basis for your response.

The shootings on the streets can only take place when there are guns present. That's as rational as we can be!
It provided the opportunity for self-defense
Yes, guns provide the opportunity for self defense and people die.
There was never really any question, at least not for people not pre-disposed against the use of a firearm in self-defense.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say? I can just say that in Canada we don't provide the opportunity to need to shoot people dead in self defense.
Don't know. Tell us.
Provide the rational basis for your response.

In Canada we don't provide the opportunity for claims of self defense with guns.

Can you understand that claims of self defense have no real limits or boundaries?

Maybe you should revisit America's situation in the 60's in the American south.
I'm suggesting that the 'self defense' claim will be used to justify situations in which it's permissable to shoot a black man in the back when he's running away from a burglary or where he has committed rape of a white woman. For a couple of examples
Or even in the most extreme case, when he has just killed your mother!

Do you understand that isn't permitted by law?

You miss the point. The facts are predetermined by America's legitimizing people to carry guns on the streets to intimidate others. That provided the opportunity for murder.
And now a not guilty verdict will eliminate the questions of whether it will be self defense or murder.

Will murder of black men by gun or by lynching be the acceptable punishment for drinking from a 'whites only' water fountain?

So many Americans on this board are predicting another civil war!
That's flat out stupid. The facts are the mob that was chasing him had at least one gun and was prepared to use it on him. That provided the opportunity for self defense, which is what happened.

Without any guns in the picture, there would be one dead young man beaten to death by a deranged mob that was ticked off he put out their fire. As for your whites only water fountain, the 1960's called and want their symbol back. Apparently you didn't notice that race didn't even enter into this picture, so any mention of it came from you, not the case.

That's flat out stupid. The facts are the mob that was chasing him had at least one gun and was prepared to use it on him. That provided the opportunity for self defense, which is what happened.
No doubt a not guilty verdict will prove it to be self defense.
Without any guns in the picture, there would be one dead young man beaten to death by a deranged mob that was ticked off he put out their fire.
That's possible. In Canada we judge that to not be probable. In fact, we consider the odds being greater if there are guns present.
As for your whites only water fountain, the 1960's called and want their symbol back. Apparently you didn't notice that race didn't even enter into this picture, so any mention of it came from you, not the case.
For the most extreme example I can think of at the moment:

If a bad buy has just raped your mother and is running away, you can't shoot him in the back and claim self defense. Do you understand why?

I personally know of a Canadian who shot a man in his legs with a shotgun while running away from the shooters house after a burglary. The shooter was duly punished by the law. Do you get the picture?

The shootings on the streets can only take place when there are guns present. That's as rational as we can be!
No. This part:
America's legitimizing people to carry guns on the streets to intimidate others.
Yes, guns provide the opportunity for self defense and people die.
Play stupid games, right?
If I shoot you in self-defense. whose fault is it you died?
I'm not sure what you are trying to say?
That -some- people are predisposed to the use of a firearm in self-defense, these people see what happened as murder, and no amount of fact will change their mind -- for these people, there was never any "question" here
In Canada we don't provide the opportunity for claims of self defense with guns.
How does this answer your question?
How id this a demonstration of your rational basis for your the answer to your question?
You asked:
I don't know,. Tell us.
Then, demonstrate the rational basis for your response.
I'm suggesting that the 'self defense' claim will be used to justify situations in which it's permissable to shoot a black man in the back when he's running away from a burglary or where he has committed rape of a white woman.
Demonstrate the rational basis for your claim.

Demonstrate the rational basis for your claim.
The law says you can't shoot a person in the back when he's running from a crime he's committed.
I'm assuming that's the law in the US too.

I don't see how we are making any progress but I'll give you one more chance. Don't mess it up.
Best if you just state your point on where you believe we don't agree on 'something'?

The law says you can't shoot a person in the back when he's running from a crime he's committed.
I'm assuming that's the law in the US too.
I'm sorry -- since you cut >90% of my post out, I have no idea what part of my post you're referring to.
Let us know. Don't mess it up.

And, since you cut out the remainder of my post, all of which directly and effectively addressed points --you-- made, I accept your concession of those points.
-That- is progress, because it means I convinced you that your points were, in some way, shape, or form , invalid.
You can disagree, but that will mean you need to provide responses to said points.

I'm sorry -- since you cut >90% of my post out, I have no idea what part of my post you're referring to.
Let us know. Don't mess it up.

And, since you cut out the remainder of my post, all of which directly and effectively addressed points --you-- made, I accept your concession of those points.
-That- is progress, because it means I convinced you that your points were, in some way, shape, or form , invalid.
You can disagree, but that will mean you need to provide responses to said points.
If there's something on which we disagree then you must state that now!

They were protesting in Kenosha because the cops shot an unarmed young black man in the back 7 times in broad daylight who was NOT involved in the domestic violence call they answered..

Is that OK in your town?

When will you people learn that police misconduct doesn't give you the right to go out and loot, burn, and murder innocent people?

Dog and pony show of another persecution of another armed white guy defending himsrlf is falling back into abyss it crawled out of.

If there's something on which we disagree then you must state that now!
Or... what?

See post 61, 85, and 87.
In these posts, you made a number of claims. I asked you to demonstrate your rational basis for those claims.
Either you can demonstrate your rational basis for the claims so challenged therein, or you can't.
Until you -do- demonstrate those rational basis, there's no need for me to disagree with anything , because nonsense fails on its own.

Can you demonstrate the rational basis for your claims, or are you ready to concede the points?

Dog and pony show of another persecution of another armed white guy defending himsrlf is falling back into abyss it crawled out of.
As it should! This is not a good time to question the rights of any Americans carrying guns on the streets.

It's rather, a time when all Americans should be armed!

No doubt a not guilty verdict will prove it to be self defense.

That's possible. In Canada we judge that to not be probable. In fact, we consider the odds being greater if there are guns present.

For the most extreme example I can think of at the moment:

If a bad buy has just raped your mother and is running away, you can't shoot him in the back and claim self defense. Do you understand why?

I personally know of a Canadian who shot a man in his legs with a shotgun while running away from the shooters house after a burglary. The shooter was duly punished by the law. Do you get the picture?
Of course. Rittenhouse couldn't claim self-defense if he shot someone who was running away. Likewise his attackers can't claim self-defense because they were running towards him, but he CAN claim it because he was on the ground and they were running at him with deadly weapons.

Or... what?

See post 61, 85, and 87.
In these posts, you made a number of claims. I asked you to demonstrate your rational basis for those claims.
Either you can demonstrate your rational basis for the claims so challenged therein, or you can't.
Until you -do- demonstrate those rational basis, there's no need for me to disagree with anything , because nonsense fails on its own.

Can you demonstrate the rational basis for your claims, or are you ready to concede the points?
Post #85 I said:
The shootings on the streets can only take place when there are guns present.

So you disagree?

I think I might be ready to concede 'something' but you're going to have to give me something?

I'm in a very 'agreeable' mood today!

Of course. Rittenhouse couldn't claim self-defense if he shot someone who was running away. Likewise his attackers can't claim self-defense because they were running towards him, but he CAN claim it because he was on the ground and they were running at him with deadly weapons.
He sure can!
But he couldn't if they were running away from him.
As with Shooter, you need to find something on which we disagree. If you can't do that then I'm dumping you on account of you wasting my time. I've been more than generous with you assholes today.

Rittenhouse also beats up girls.

The footage, which first began circulating on Twitter earlier this week, was captured on July 1 – weeks before Rittenhouse shot dead two protesters
The melee occurred in downtown Kenosha, according to the two men who filmed the clip, who also identified the teen depicted as Kyle Rittenhouse
The teen is also seen wearing the same American Flag Crocs in the footage that Rittenhouse is seen donning in a widely photo of the shooter from Facebook
The teen believed to be Rittenhouse is seen punching a girl at least four times, striking her in the back of the head and the abdomen
Four men approach the teen for striking a girl, with one grappling with him, forcing him to the ground and proceeding to kick him before fleeing
Rittenhouse is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the shooting death of two Black Lives Matter protesters in Kenosha last week
Floyd was what? 46 years old and a proven felon who made others lives miserable. Never doing a good thing in his life. Rittenhouse was in an anarchy situation. Anything goes. I would argue to agree with you. But after endless destruction and having to pay for this in increased costs in products purchase, it is tiresome. The same people you love as Progs will kill the same who rioted if it comes to it when totally empowered. And you still do not pay attention to it.

He sure can!
But he couldn't if they were running away from him.
As with Shooter, you need to find something on which we disagree. If you can't do that then I'm dumping you on account of you wasting my time. I've been more than generous with you assholes today.
The bottom line is, there's no reason to argue hypotheticals. Rittenhouse was on the ground with a mob running at him that had deadly weapons. He was justified in protecting himself.

Post #85 I said:
The shootings on the streets can only take place when there are guns present.
Post 85 is -my- post.

In post 85, I asked you to demonstrate your rational basis for your statement:
America's legitimizing people to carry guns on the streets to intimidate others.
And:
I'm suggesting that the 'self defense' claim will be used to justify situations in which it's permissable to shoot a black man in the back when he's running away
You have, so far, failed to do so.

And thus, I ask again:
Please provide your rational basis for these statements.
Either you can, or your cannot; until you do you have given me nothing to agree to or disagree with.

In post #85, I also said I did not have an answer for your question:
I asked you for the answer, and to demonstrate your rational basis for that answer.

And thus, I ask again:
Please provide your answer to your question, and you rational basis for same.
Either you can, or your cannot; until you do you have given me nothing to agree to or disagree with.

Post 85 is -my- post.

In post 85, I asked you to demonstrate your rational basis for your statement:
And:
I'm suggesting that the 'self defense' claim will be used to justify situations in which it's permissable to shoot a black man in the back when he's running away
You've once again failed to provide something on which we disagree.
That being the case, I regret to say that we're finished again for today.

Let's try something different tomorrow. You come up with something on which you're pretty sure I'll be able to disagree.

Forum List

Back