WATCH: Trump denies Don Jr met with ‘Russian government lawyer’ — but son’s emails say otherwise

By the way even if she had been a Kremlin lawyer no crime would have been committed. If you want to try to make any and all contact with a Russian <fill in the blank> a criminal offense well you can throw both parties and their supporters in jail.

:lmao:
How do YOU know that no crime has been committed? Hannity again?

Alan Dershowitz and Jonathan Turley to name a couple of very prominent lawyers who don't believe in spin or fairy tales. Cripes the left wing whackos are trying to turn contact with any Russian into treason.

And that's just flat out bullshit and they look like fools.

By the way even if she had been a Kremlin lawyer no crime would have been committed. If you want to try to make any and all contact with a Russian <fill in the blank> a criminal offense well you can throw both parties and their supporters in jail.

Alan Dershowitz and Jonathan Turley to name a couple of very prominent lawyers who don't believe in spin or fairy tales. Cripes the left wing whackos are trying to turn contact with any Russian into treason.

For a fact, Turley never ever said that, ass.

I see linking your claims is to much to ask? Link the Russian bank story please.

The email that Jr, received specifically said that she was a government attorney. Can you be any more specific than that?
She didn't send the emails Goldstone did. I'm on your side, and like I said it's a lame excuse, the intent was there and that intent invalidates the Trump administration's narrative. My point is that although Trump has told many lies, chances are this is not one of them. It's a bizarre defence but not a lie.
If I go to rob a house because I am told there are valuable there, but there aren't and I get caught. Is my defense good when I say there wasn't anything there anyway?
Of course your defence wouldn't be good. But saying you didn't get what you were after wouldn't be a lie. Read my posts carefully, you will see I in no way excuse the act. I do say that this OP's premise is flawed. Trumps denying her status in the Russian government is probably truthful, it just sucks as an excuse.

Tony Podesta brother of John and Hillary's major bundler was WORKING for the Kremlin's bank for crying out loud during the campaign to lift sanctions.
Link please since I don't know the story.

Here you go. And by the way I don't have problem with these people dealing with the Russians. It's all above board and it's what they do for a living. I don't like his politics because he's a D but from all I have heard and read he's a straight shooter and a real outstanding and honest lobbyist. Ditto Paul Manafort who's an R but he's been lobbying for various governments for decades.

It's what they do for a living.

Russia's Largest Bank Confirms Hiring Podesta Group To Lobby For Ending Sanctions

by Tyler Durden
Mar 10, 2017 5:22 AM
SHARES
Russia's largest bank, Sberbank, has confirmed that it hired the consultancy of Tony Podesta, the elder brother of John Podesta who chaired Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, for lobbying its interests in the United States and proactively seeking the removal of various Obama-era sanctions, the press service of the Russian institution told TASS on Thursday.

"The New York office of Sberbank CIB indeed hired Podesta Group. Engagement of external consultants is part of standard business practices for us," Sberbank said.

tone%20podesta_0.jpg

Russia's Largest Bank Confirms Hiring Podesta Group To Lobby For Ending Sanctions | Zero Hedge

I see linking your claims is to much to ask? Link the Russian bank story please.

I just did.

She didn't send the emails Goldstone did. I'm on your side, and like I said it's a lame excuse, the intent was there and that intent invalidates the Trump administration's narrative. My point is that although Trump has told many lies, chances are this is not one of them. It's a bizarre defence but not a lie.
If I go to rob a house because I am told there are valuable there, but there aren't and I get caught. Is my defense good when I say there wasn't anything there anyway?
Of course your defence wouldn't be good. But saying you didn't get what you were after wouldn't be a lie. Read my posts carefully, you will see I in no way excuse the act. I do say that this OP's premise is flawed. Trumps denying her status in the Russian government is probably truthful, it just sucks as an excuse.

Tony Podesta brother of John and Hillary's major bundler was WORKING for the Kremlin's bank for crying out loud during the campaign to lift sanctions.

Here you go. And by the way I don't have problem with these people dealing with the Russians. It's all above board and it's what they do for a living. I don't like his politics because he's a D but from all I have heard and read he's a straight shooter and a real outstanding and honest lobbyist. Ditto Paul Manafort who's an R but he's been lobbying for various governments for decades.

Russia's Largest Bank Confirms Hiring Podesta Group To Lobby For Ending Sanctions

by Tyler Durden
SHARES
Russia's largest bank, Sberbank, has confirmed that it hired the consultancy of Tony Podesta, the elder brother of John Podesta who chaired Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, for lobbying its interests in the United States and proactively seeking the removal of various Obama-era sanctions, the press service of the Russian institution told TASS on Thursday.

"The New York office of Sberbank CIB indeed hired Podesta Group. Engagement of external consultants is part of standard business practices for us," Sberbank said.

tone%20podesta_0.jpg

Russia's Largest Bank Confirms Hiring Podesta Group To Lobby For Ending Sanctions | Zero Hedge
Was he meeting with a foreign power to influence our elections? Surely your handlers can find better material for you.

Legally speaking I don't know what it is. What I do know is that it is highly unethical. Not to mention dangerous. If the meeting would provide what the e-mails promise. It would mean that the president of the United States would be indebted to a nation that is not America's friend. Even more it would create a situation where he would even be susceptible to blackmail. Not for nothing Trump's attitude towards Putin strongly suggests this did happen

I just did.
A link is something I can Click. It is not some random names. I want to know what sources you use.

For a fact, Turley never ever said that, ass.

Wanna make a bet? Get ready to eat crow.

Here's Dershowitz.

Alan Dershowitz: 'I don't see any crime' that Donald Trump Jr. committed

Here's Turley.

On Monday's edition of Fox News Channel's 'The Story' with Martha McCallum, George Washington University Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley argued that Donald Trump Jr.'s alleged meeting with a Russian lawyer was not smart optics, but is also not at all criminal.

Get that? NOT at all criminal. And I love the headline...

GWU Law Prof. Jonathan Turley on Trump Jr. Meeting A Russian: "For The Love Of God... This Is Not Treason"

GWU Law Prof. Jonathan Turley on Trump Jr. Meeting A Russian: "For The Love Of God... This Is Not Treason"

Legally speaking I don't know what it is. What I do know is that it is highly unethical. Not to mention dangerous. If the meeting would provide what the e-mails promise. It would mean that the president of the United States would be indebted to a nation that is not America's friend. Even more it would create a situation where he would even be susceptible to blackmail. Not for nothing Trump's attitude towards Putin strongly suggests this did happen

Post #24.

Now there is absolute proof that the DNC and the Clinton campaign absolutely worked a smear campaign against Trump and associates with the Ukraine.

Still feel the same way now?

Post #24.

Now there is absolute proof that the DNC and the Clinton campaign absolutely worked a smear campaign against Trump and associates with the Ukraine.

Not at all, have your handlers fine better stuff than that

by Tyler Durden
SHARES

tone%20podesta_0.jpg

So I think the point your making is that the brother of Podesta was hired as a lobbyist for a Russian bank. So it's hypocritical to call out the Trump campaign? First of I don't think anyone has ever denied him representing them. Trump and his people have denied inappropriate and at first even ANY contact with Russians. Secondly I think there is a big objective difference between lobbying for certain groups when lobbying is your job. And trying to use a hostile nation to destroy your political opponents. Lastly even if it would be exactly the same it would still be wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Post #24.

Not at all, have your handlers fine better stuff than that

You must have missed the investigative piece that Politico did. The collusion between the Ukrainians and the Clinton campaign and the DNC is well documented.

By their lies they were able to force the resignation of Trump's campaign manager Paul Manafort. And they were lies that the government was investigating him for corruption.

The D's have more ties to the Ukraine than they even have with Russia.

BTW the new FBI director will belwilling looking into the Ukrainian angle according to his testimony yesterday.

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.

By Kenneth P. Vogel and David Stern

01/11/2017 05:05 AM EST

Post #24.

I'm sorry tiny can you please be clearer in the point your making, I can't make heads or tails out of it.

Sorry, Junior, but listen to the russian attorney herself. She has said in every interview that she has no ties to the russian government. Quit picking and choosing whatever material fits your own crooked smear agenda.
The email Trump received said she was a representative of the Russian government and thats exactly why he went to meet with her.

Wrong again. You've been lied to. A talent agent he knew from the past told him this lady wanted to meet to talk with him. That she was an attorney from Russia who had some dirt on Hillary he might want to know about! He went just to see what she might have to say not knowing WHAT she might say, because there had been so many scandals about Hillary he wondered if she might have something more on them. Turns out she only wanted to talk about Putin's banning adoptions from Russia into the USA. Later in another thread I will write, I will tell you exactly why nothing about this is improper or illegal.

It doesn't get any more bizarre than this:

Apparently you missed the e-mail scandal starring Hitlery, Podesta , Huma......
"What? You mean cleaned with a cloth?"
Does this have anything to do with a foreign government interfering in our elections?

On the bizarre scale, nothing tops the lying and hiding and illegalities of the Clinton campaign.
As for governments meddling in other country's elections, you mean like we do?

Post #24.

I'm sorry tiny can you please be clearer in the point your making, I can't make heads or tails out of it.

I put the link in Post #24 for you. My comment deals with your feelings that no foreign nation should be involved in any other nations electoral campaigns and electoral process.

And by the way I agree with you on that. We western nations do it all the time though and I'm uncomfortable with that as well. Then I pointed out that the Ukrainian government and Ukrainian businessmen colluded with the DNC and the Clinton campaign to run a smear campaign about Trump and his associates.

They were successful in forcing the resignation of Paul Manafort because they spread lies about Trump's campaign manager. That's why I asked do you still feel the same way when the D's have done it?

ETA:

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia.

It doesn't get any more bizarre than this:

Apparently you missed the e-mail scandal starring Hitlery, Podesta , Huma......
"What? You mean cleaned with a cloth?"

Funny how ill-informed the Left are watching CNN and MSNBC! They always say they know everything and call us idiots, but when they start talking, they show how little they really know.

Forum List

Back