WATCH: Trump denies Don Jr met with ‘Russian government lawyer’ — but son’s emails say otherwise

Trump: Anyone would have taken that meeting.
Most people know the law and no honest person would have taken that meeting.
There's the rub. DT doesn't have an honest bone in his body. Never has. It's his MO.
Deplorables: That's why we voted for him. He's just like us.

Oh bullshit that the Clinton camp wouldn't have taken and used dirt on Trump. Give me a freaking break.

:lol:

rumbelben I'm sorry to tell you this but Trump is right. Nothing we know suggests the lawyer was affiliated with Russia.

Just out of curiosity, how would you interpret this email from Goldstone to Donnie-baby AND the "fact" that "nothing we know suggests the lawyer was affiliated with Russia".............................???............Let's hear your answer.....

On Jun 7, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Don
Hope all is well
Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and THe Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.

I believe you are aware of the meeting - and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?

I assume it would be at your office.

It was a lie or Goldstone was misled himself but she has no connection to the Kremlin or to the government in Russia at all. Her history is out there.

OR he wasn't. Either way, Don Jr. was going in for some good ol' Kremlin intelligence.

So?
So?
Federal law makes it a crime for any person to “solicit, accept or receive” a contribution or “anything of value” from a foreign person for a U.S. political campaign or “for the purpose of influencing any election for federal office.”

Butthead Trump committed a crime.

Brumbelben I'm sorry to tell you this but Trump is right. Nothing we know suggests the lawyer was affiliated with Russia. The e-mails refer to a position that doesn't exist in Russia " crown prosecutor". It's a lame excuse since don jr took the meeting precisely because he thought she was affiliated with Russia but saying she wasn't is probably the truth.

I don't understand the left anymore. Am I wrong stating that liberal propaganda has become their reality? Anytime you ask they articulate their opinions the result is nothing but crickets. Even on the rare occasion they respond it's out of context and/or not true. I believe the proper definition is mass hysteria.

rumbelben I'm sorry to tell you this but Trump is right. Nothing we know suggests the lawyer was affiliated with Russia.

Just out of curiosity, how would you interpret this email from Goldstone to Donnie-baby AND the "fact" that "nothing we know suggests the lawyer was affiliated with Russia".............................???............Let's hear your answer.....

Don
Hope all is well
Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and THe Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.

I believe you are aware of the meeting - and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?

It was a lie or Goldstone was misled himself but she has no connection to the Kremlin or to the government in Russia at all. Her history is out there.

OR he wasn't. Either way, Don Jr. was going in for some good ol' Kremlin intelligence.

So?

So he perhaps wasn't lying and she was acting as an intermediary between Kremlin and Trump's campaign.

If what was discussed were hacked emails then Don Jr., Paul Manfort, and Kushner are in on the conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

But even it that wasn't the case, even if the Russian lawyer misled Jr about representing Kremlin's interests, the INTENT to solicit intelligence from adversarial country is in itself damning. It also happens to be enough to satisfy statutes on this.

He didn't solicit jack shit. You're dreaming.

What's bizarre is that Travis Gettys is the only one claiming it was a Russian Government Lawyer.

But the inconvenient facts:

Don
Hope all is well

Gotta link?

Donald Trump Jr. responded by posting the emails on Twitter. Here they are.

There's the rub. DT doesn't have an honest bone in his body. Never has. It's his MO.

Oh bullshit that the Clinton camp wouldn't have taken and used dirt on Trump. Give me a freaking break.

Love your fantasy projection. Hillary NEVER accepted info on dirt about an opponent.
Junior, Kushner and Manafort did.
And it's EXTREMELY likely Fat Ass himself knew about the meeting.
Jr was absolutely gleeful with the idea of finding out incriminating evidence on Hillary.
Trump biographer: There's NO WAY Trump didn't know.

Brumbelben I'm sorry to tell you this but Trump is right. Nothing we know suggests the lawyer was affiliated with Russia. The e-mails refer to a position that doesn't exist in Russia " crown prosecutor". It's a lame excuse since don jr took the meeting precisely because he thought she was affiliated with Russia but saying she wasn't is probably the truth.

I don't understand the left anymore. Am I wrong stating that liberal propaganda has become their reality? Anytime you ask they articulate their opinions the result is nothing but crickets. Even on the rare occasion they respond it's out of context and/or not true. I believe the proper definition is mass hysteria.
Bullshit. We've given you the law and how the three stooges broke the law.

Don
Hope all is well

So?

So he perhaps wasn't lying and she was acting as an intermediary between Kremlin and Trump's campaign.

If what was discussed were hacked emails then Don Jr., Paul Manfort, and Kushner are in on the conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

But even it that wasn't the case, even if the Russian lawyer misled Jr about representing Kremlin's interests, the INTENT to solicit intelligence from adversarial country is in itself damning. It also happens to be enough to satisfy statutes on this.

He didn't solicit jack shit. You're dreaming.

LOL, he was going into the meeting in hopes of getting dirt on Hillary from Kremlin.

"Solicitation" does not mean "reaching out first" as you seem to think.

Sorry, Junior, but listen to the russian attorney herself. She has said in every interview that she has no ties to the russian government. Quit picking and choosing whatever material fits your own crooked smear agenda.
The email Trump received said she was a representative of the Russian government and thats exactly why he went to meet with her.

Wrong again. You've been lied to. A talent agent he knew from the past told him this lady wanted to meet to talk with him. That she was an attorney from Russia who had some dirt on Hillary he might want to know about! He went just to see what she might have to say not knowing WHAT she might say, because there had been so many scandals about Hillary he wondered if she might have something more on them. Turns out she only wanted to talk about Putin's banning adoptions from Russia into the USA. Later in another thread I will write, I will tell you exactly why nothing about this is improper or illegal.

You say that, but here is REALITY of what was in the email exachange:

Here is the letter Trump Jr. read and responded to:

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

How the fuck are you going to try to frame this as if it wasn't 100% clear to Jr. that what he is seeking is info from Russian government.

Further, how the hell do you know that what the meeting "turned out" to be about? Because people that already got caught lying about this meeting, are now saying it wasn't about much?

So the email from a third party talent promoter claims one thing while the actual person involved repeatedly says another. Maybe you ought to be asking why this lady was in the country at all, since her visa was expired by 6 months when Obama's justice department let her in? So now you are going to believe one over the other? You miss the bigger point: NOTHING IN WHAT TRUMP JR. DID WAS ILLEGAL, CRIMINAL OR EVEN IMPROPER. I will write up a thread on it tonight.

Well, I think I invalidate the generalisation your making there since I'm most definitely left wing. I'm also honest, something I think a lot of people left or right on this board are incapable of. What Don jr did was wrong and dangerous if not legally then for sure ethically.

What's bizarre is that Travis Gettys is the only one claiming it was a Russian Government Lawyer.

Don
Hope all is well

Gotta link?

"The woman, as she has said publicly, was not a government official."

Sorry, Junior, but listen to the russian attorney herself. She has said in every interview that she has no ties to the russian government. Quit picking and choosing whatever material fits your own crooked smear agenda.
The email Trump received said she was a representative of the Russian government and thats exactly why he went to meet with her.

Wrong again. You've been lied to. A talent agent he knew from the past told him this lady wanted to meet to talk with him. That she was an attorney from Russia who had some dirt on Hillary he might want to know about! He went just to see what she might have to say not knowing WHAT she might say, because there had been so many scandals about Hillary he wondered if she might have something more on them. Turns out she only wanted to talk about Putin's banning adoptions from Russia into the USA. Later in another thread I will write, I will tell you exactly why nothing about this is improper or illegal.

You say that, but here is REALITY of what was in the email exachange:

Here is the letter Trump Jr. read and responded to:

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

How the fuck are you going to try to frame this as if it wasn't 100% clear to Jr. that what he is seeking is info from Russian government.

Further, how the hell do you know that what the meeting "turned out" to be about? Because people that already got caught lying about this meeting, are now saying it wasn't about much?

So the email from a third party talent promoter claims one thing while the actual person involved repeatedly says another. Maybe you ought to be asking why this lady was in the country at all, since her visa was expired by 6 months when Obama's justice department let her in? So now you are going to believe one over the other? You miss the bigger point: NOTHING IN WHAT TRUMP JR. DID WAS ILLEGAL, CRIMINAL OR EVEN IMPROPER. I will write up a thread on it tonight.

Oh I know Trumpsters like you will never find ANYTHING Trumps do as improper.

Even Don himself noted this bizzare phenomenon:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

Don
Hope all is well

Gotta link?

Who are you quoting exactly? Someone in the email chain? Because Russian government attorney is how she was described as to Don Jr. in the emails.

And she doesn't have to be a government official to represent, unofficially, Kremlin's interests.

Don
Hope all is well

So?
So?
Federal law makes it a crime for any person to “solicit, accept or receive” a contribution or “anything of value” from a foreign person for a U.S. political campaign or “for the purpose of influencing any election for federal office.”

Butthead Trump committed a crime.

You missed this part.

The thing “of value” must be actual money, or its transferable equivalent, not a volunteer of services or information. Otherwise, if volunteering information in coordination with a campaign constituted donations, everyone from John Harwood to Chuck Todd (and maybe all of CNN) made millions in donations to the Hillary campaign.

Why Donald Trump Jr. is Innocent. Period.

BUT if you really want to believe in the solicitation angle which Trump Jr. didn't do then absolutely and positively everyone involved in paying for the Russian informants for the Steele dossier from the Never Trumpers to the Democrats who paid Fusion GPS would be guilty of a crime.

As it is that fake dossier is going to be really damaging not to Trump but to Fusion GPS and McCain for starters. Steele is pointing fingers directly at them.

Don
Hope all is well

Gotta link?

She doesn't have to be a government official to represent, unofficially, Kremlin's interests.

So, you admit, he didn't meet with a Russian Government attorney.

Bullshit. We've given you the law and how the three stooges broke the law.

We did? Cool. Then you have no problem providing the laws here. Thanks. I want to be enlightened.

When you're finished, you might read this, and compare and contrast the differences between what never occurred (Trump & Russia) and what did occur (Clinton & Ukrain). FLASHBACK: When The Clinton Campaign Worked With a Foreign Government to Undermine Trump's Candidacy

When you're done doing that, stick your head in the sand by pretending no POUS candidate has ever received info. from a foreign citizen. If you can think of one, be sure to label them incompetent or not a legit. candidate for POUS.

Last edited:
If we really want to go with "Russian collusion" (separate and apart from the Ukrainian collusion of course) then we have to talk about the fairy tale dossier. US Never Trumpers and Democrats paid for Russian informants who claimed they had access to the Russian government.

They hired Fusion GPS who forwarded large sums of money to Christopher Steele's company who forwarded large sums of cash to Russian informants.

We're talking big .$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Seriously when the D's lost the election they should have let this Russian bullshit go. You've got Loretta Lynch now under investigation, you have McCabe a major Democrat and Acting head of the FBI under three investigations. Comey's going to be dragged back in over the dossier and that the FBI was going to pay Steele to dig up dirt on Trump.

Fusion GPS and their clients are under investigation AND the targets of the defamation suit brought against Steele. The list keeps growing. Should have quit while you were ahead. Just accepted the results and not gone down this path of total destruction.

Jr' said emails are the smoking gun but it's so much fun watching Tinydancer dance around the truth.

Forum List

Back