We got exactly the kind of President we deserve

Just minutes ago Jeffery Toobin of CNN fame said something very interesting. Obviously I am forced to paraphrase here, so be kind and I will try to be as accurate as I can be.

News commentators on CNN were discussing the many times Trump has lied or misled the American people. Toobin asked why should Trump change? He got elected acting the way he does.

I paused the television and thought about that. Toobin was right.

By November 8, 2016, voters knew Trump was a prolific liar. He even bragged about it in his biography, The Art of the Deal. He called it truthful hyperbole. Here is what he said about the euphemism for outright lying.

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

Voters could see truthful hyperbole in play in nearly every speech, statement, and tweet Trump made during the Presidential campaign of 2016.

In addition to being a prolific liar, we knew from the Access Hollywood tapes that Trump was a sexual predator while married to the current First Lady. Voters heard Trump tell us in his own words about his sexual prowess with women. It was enough to make a Marine blush.

Voters also heard Trump ask for help from the Russian government. “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

American voters were informed in October of 2016 that Russia was interfering in our Presidential election, and that WikiLeaks was acting as a conduit for the product of Russian hacking. American voters heard Trump praise WikiLeaks for the great job they were doing.

• October 10, 2016 in Wilkes-Barre, PA: "This just came out," Trump said. "WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks."
  • October 12, 2016 in Ocala, FL: "This WikiLeaks stuff is unbelievable," Trump said. "It tells you the inner heart, you gotta read it."
And so on, Trump repeated his unremitting praise of WikiLeaks during the remainder of the Presidential campaign.

In addition, Trump did nothing to hide his true character, a narcissistic, self-centered bigmouth. In fact, he made a point of everyone knowing that he was a narcissistic, self-centered bigmouth. He was proud of his overbearing characteristics. He was the ultimate alpha male.

Sixty-three million Americans thought Trump was a good choice for the President of the United States. Ninety million Americans stayed home on Election Day, and another ten million threw their vote away on a candidate who had no chance of winning, thinking they were protesting. No one listened to their protests as sixty-three million Americans cheered mightily as Trump won the election and became our President.

Toobin was right. Those sixty-three million Americans knew what they were getting, and to this day they are proud of their choice. Trump was exactly the kind of man they wanted as President. After all, they say so on this venue every day.

We got exactly the kind of President we deserve.

Last edited: 3 minutes ago

Democrats nominated Clinton, Republicans nominated Trump, two terrible nominees. Two terrible choices, people voting for the lesser of two evils.

I blame both party’s for this mess. The two party system is broken.

I agree completely, and this needs to be repeated.
Both parties were so bad that people voted for Trump as punishment I think.
If things do not improve, they will find someone even worse than Trump to elect.

Just minutes ago Jeffery Toobin of CNN fame said something very interesting. Obviously I am forced to paraphrase here, so be kind and I will try to be as accurate as I can be.

News commentators on CNN were discussing the many times Trump has lied or misled the American people. Toobin asked why should Trump change? He got elected acting the way he does.

By November 8, 2016, voters knew Trump was a prolific liar. He even bragged about it in his biography, The Art of the Deal. He called it truthful hyperbole. Here is what he said about the euphemism for outright lying.

“The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

Voters could see truthful hyperbole in play in nearly every speech, statement, and tweet Trump made during the Presidential campaign of 2016.

In addition to being a prolific liar, we knew from the Access Hollywood tapes that Trump was a sexual predator while married to the current First Lady. Voters heard Trump tell us in his own words about his sexual prowess with women. It was enough to make a Marine blush.

Voters also heard Trump ask for help from the Russian government. “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Trump said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

American voters were informed in October of 2016 that Russia was interfering in our Presidential election, and that WikiLeaks was acting as a conduit for the product of Russian hacking. American voters heard Trump praise WikiLeaks for the great job they were doing.

• October 10, 2016 in Wilkes-Barre, PA: "This just came out," Trump said. "WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks."
  • October 12, 2016 in Ocala, FL: "This WikiLeaks stuff is unbelievable," Trump said. "It tells you the inner heart, you gotta read it."
And so on, Trump repeated his unremitting praise of WikiLeaks during the remainder of the Presidential campaign.

In addition, Trump did nothing to hide his true character, a narcissistic, self-centered bigmouth. In fact, he made a point of everyone knowing that he was a narcissistic, self-centered bigmouth. He was proud of his overbearing characteristics. He was the ultimate alpha male.

Sixty-three million Americans thought Trump was a good choice for the President of the United States. Ninety million Americans stayed home on Election Day, and another ten million threw their vote away on a candidate who had no chance of winning, thinking they were protesting. No one listened to their protests as sixty-three million Americans cheered mightily as Trump won the election and became our President.

Toobin was right. Those sixty-three million Americans knew what they were getting, and to this day they are proud of their choice. Trump was exactly the kind of man they wanted as President. After all, they say so on this venue every day.

Democrats nominated Clinton, Republicans nominated Trump, two terrible nominees. Two terrible choices, people voting for the lesser of two evils.

If things do not improve, they will find someone even worse than Trump to elect.
Do you believe we ever might elect a dictator?

The tribes are in control now, the loons.

This is the predictable result.

The President is already the greatest president in our history who followed the worst president in our history.

And where is your link to unbiased proof that Trump is the greatest President in America history?

If you cannot produce said link, then I am forced to conclude that you based your statement on nothing but emotions and a 'leap of faith'.

No wonder so many empty-headed, religious types are for him...same MO...no proof, just a 'leap of faith'.

They are not loons. You should recognize that they may have legitimate concerns about the shape this country takes.

They control nothing. What they do is cause gridlock in our dialogue. I could argue that they are manipulated, by design, for the purpose of causing gridlock. While the real power brokers (the deep state) continues unabated in the background.

Virtually nothing is what it seems in modern American politics. We all have to try and see thru it. And see thru the rhetoric and hear the real concerns.

They are not loons. You should recognize that they may have legitimate concerns about the shape this country takes.

They control nothing. What they do is cause gridlock in our dialogue. I could argue that they are manipulated, by design, for the purpose of causing gridlock. While the real power brokers (the deep state) continues unabated in the background.

Virtually nothing is what it seems in modern American politics. We all have to try and see thru it. And see thru the rhetoric and hear the real concerns.
That's the problem. Perfectly reasonable and rational concerns are so warped by rhetoric now that they just get lost in the noise.

We're far more preoccupied with attacking and degrading and discrediting the other tribe, and we've lost the capacity for collaboration.

The loudest & angriest voices in the tribes are still the minority, but because they are the loudest & angriest, they get the attention.

If we truly have lost the capacity to communicate and collaborate and innovate together, then this thing is pretty much over.

/—-/,Your wack job conspiracy theories have been debunked a 100 times. Get a life.

I disagree, with respect.

(I have time to kill...so....)

The reason Trump won is two-fold.

1) 'White', largely male, middle/old aged, lower-middle income and lower to middle education were desperate. There are several reasons for this.

One, they see their power eroding. When they were young, they 'owned America'...especially the men. Now, they see women (finally and rightly) gaining full equality and 'white' people are becoming the minority.
Two, they have seen their incomes/career prospects/buying power erode. Why? Because America is becoming a country of servicing and not of manufacturing. And how is the government dealing with this? INCREDIBLY selfishly. They have abandoned macroeconomic fundamentals and embraced cheap money and central bank stimuli...and both parties higher-ups are loving it (though they are not saying so). And it is happening in almost every, major economy in the world. Coincidence? No chance.
The wealthy have found an easy way to get FAR wealthier - get the Fed to prop up the equity markets which drags everything else 'wealthy' along for the ride.
Unfortunately, since the middle/lower classes have minimal access to this cheap debt - they are falling behind...BIG TIME. Sure, they can get a nibble of the debt tree - but they cannot do anything with it but try and maintain a standard of living they cannot maintain indefinitely. Meanwhile, the wealthy are getting FAR wealthier. And the wealth gap is growing.
Bottom line. The American dream is dying for the 'little' guy/gal. Working hard is not enough - in fact, it's almost pointless. You MUST have access to lots of cheap credit and then invest it wisely. Because since 2001 to some extent and since 2008 to a large extent - macroeconomic fundamentals have gone on vacation.
And virtually no Americans seem to realize it (other than a fed who understand business). And those that know it are keeping their mouth shut so that the ignorant masses cannot figure it out....so the former can keep getting richer.

So why does all this lead to the above described people voting for Trump?

Because they feel betrayed by their politicians. It is them who let this situation occur. So they want a POTUS who will fix it and who will talk their language...who talks like they do. No slick talk...just down and dirty. And they want that POTUS to promise to make America once 'again' like it was back in the 1950's-70's...when it was 'great'.

And Trump offered all of this. An INCREDIBLY plain spoken, simplistic guy who told them EXACTLY what they wanted to hear. The fact that he is rich means he MUST know what he is talking about (as far as they are concerned). He is flawed - like them. He is xenophobic/fearful of losing 'white' power in America - like many of them. He is chauvinistic - like many of them (even some of the women). He IS them...with nicer suits and his Daddy's money.
And he has given them lots of people to blame - the 'swamp', illegals, foreign countries, etc.

And how has the left reacted to this macroeconomic mess that the Fed/Washington elites have created?

They want big government. They want the government to fix everything. To make everything a socialistic utopia where the government takes care of them from cradle to grave.
And that was - in 2016 - just what Bernie Sanders was promising.
And now, they have FULL ON embraced it.
And Sanders (and now Ocasio-Cortez and others) have given the Left lots of people to blame - big business, free enterprise and corrupt government that refuses to spend enough on social programs.

The Right wants to go back in time and the Left wants the government to make everything better. And - with respect - it is not because they are 'loons'. It is because they are fed up (pardon the pun), desperate and have lost faith in traditional American politics (as well they should). 99% of them have NO IDEA what is really going on (that the Fed/elites are the cause) - they just know things are getting worse for them...slowly.
So they are falling back on their core beliefs...and America is getting politically fractured in the process.

I have no idea what will happen - other then eventually the 'cheap debt' house of cards has to collapse. But that could take decades - just ask the Japanese.

But I do know it is not because Americans have suddenly gotten 'looney'. It's because they have been horribly let down (though hardly any of them know exactly why/how) and they are getting VERY desperate.

Good day.

Last edited:
a lot of people voted for him because they hated hillary so much, they would rather have putin's bitch in the whitehouse.
And who could blame them.

every patriotic american.
161109-clinton-camp-election-01.jpg

m.jpg

There is good news.

Trump is decidedly less popular today than he was the day he was elected.

He's going to need to be more popular if he's to win a second term.

What will he do to gain popularity? What can he do?

WALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% correct.

Voter apathy is at an all time high. And most who do vote are not as informed as they should be. Me included.

Seth Rich exposed the corruption and criminality of the DNC abd their attemots to steal the election while colluding with the lamestream media.

seth rich was a crisis actor. he's living comfortably in newtown, ct.

Just one minor point, but it is illustrative...

No rational human listening to the Access Hollywood tape believes he was talking about HIS OWN PAST ACTIONS, but rather, the privileges of fame and wealth. In effect, "When you are rich and famous, you can get away with anything", e.g., grabbing women by their private parts. Indeed, even among all of the slanderous lies cooked up by his political enemies, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE ACCUSATION OF THIS ACT.

So in a posting where you go on and on about how Trump lies, your own Exhibit A is A LIE!

What do you think this does for YOUR CREDIBILITY, Bitch?

what a load of bullshit. ever hear him on howard stern?

There is good news.

Trump is decidedly less popular today than he was the day he was elected.

He's going to need to be more popular if he's to win a second term.

What will he do to gain popularity? What can he do?

According to the same polls that predicted a Hildebeast landslide?? Who will leftards throw out there in 2020?? Biden, the pervert? Pochahantas Warren? Booker, Harris? Black nationalists with a serious commie bent?

Good luck with all that.

(snicker)

(tootsie roll)

(floating in the pool )

The Access Hollywood tape was enough to make a Marine blush?

Apparently you don’t know many Marines. All he did was make jokes about gold digging whores.

...like his 2nd & 3rd wives...

Forum List

Back