We WERE Americans

Perhaps we just faltered, thinking too much of ourselves and not enough about our country.

I am not sure that is the case either. I see so many people volunteering their time and/or donating money to make their communities better places to live. I think of lot of this is overblown dramatics.

You think? I have to admit, I don't volunteer for anything really, but I do contribute financially. Do you think people see themselves as different from others?

I do. The American people are very charitable and compassionate people. I think despite our myriad of differences that at the end of the day we are still Americans and view each other as such.
When one person kills another because they are white or homo or in an area under anothers control your argument is moot.

Yes, some people do commits acts of murder as they have since the founding of our nation. That in no way makes Americans less compassionate or a charitable people.
You know what happened to the major city murder rate AFTER 9/11? It went DOWN! Why? National pride ROSE. National pride centers itself on we are ALL American.

Perhaps we just faltered, thinking too much of ourselves and not enough about our country.

I am not sure that is the case either. I see so many people volunteering their time and/or donating money to make their communities better places to live. I think of lot of this is overblown dramatics.

You think? I have to admit, I don't volunteer for anything really, but I do contribute financially. Do you think people see themselves as different from others?

I do. The American people are very charitable and compassionate people. I think despite our myriad of differences that at the end of the day we are still Americans and view each other as such.
When one person kills another because they are white or homo or in an area under anothers control your argument is moot.

Yes, some people do commits acts of murder as they have since the founding of our nation. That in no way makes Americans less compassionate or a charitable people.
And we can agree that isn't what we are about. We have a justice system that takes care of individuals who break our laws. Hmmm... I using the words "We" and "our", feels good. Not "I" and "my".

You know what happened to the major city murder rate AFTER 9/11? It went DOWN! Why? National pride ROSE. National pride centers itself on we are ALL American.

The murder rate has been falling for decades. Is that a result of national pride as well? I am sorry. I am not buying this whole America has lost it's national pride argument you're trying make.

Seriously, I do not recall the name. Perhaps you tell his real name?
He also goes by the name of The-President-Who-May-Not-Be-Named.
Wow! You do have a problem here. MY grandson plays travel ball and was in a team that fell apart because the parents could not get along. He refuses to name that team when we speak...He calls it the "R" team. Are you talking about the B president? Or, O president?

And we can agree that isn't what we are about. We have a justice system that takes care of individuals who break our laws. Hmmm... I using the words "We" and "our", feels good. Not "I" and "my".

Oh, don't get me wrong, we have plenty of serious and pressing issues we need to address but I remain optimistic. I believe in America and the American people.

Then by that logic Obama is just as bad.
Nearly as bad, I agree. Still, Obama hasn't committed the major crime of initiating aggressive war.

But in any case the things you seem to want Americans to take pride in are constructs of propaganda. But perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions. Do you in fact want to base your national pride on the inclusiveness and neighbourliness of the American people?

Nearly as bad, I agree. Still, Obama hasn't committed the major crime of initiating aggressive war.

But in any case the things you seem to want Americans to take pride in are constructs of propaganda. But perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions. Do you in fact want to base your national pride on the inclusiveness and neighbourliness of the American people?
Nationalist pride is ALL inclusive. In it's truest and purest form it is the central point of which ALL can gather.

Not getting along with each other is an American tradition.
When did that become a tradition? Are you being funny?

No, I'm not being funny, I'm pointing out that some people see the past through rose colored glasses.
true. And some look through purple. How about you and I look through clear glasses and find some common ground.

In order to accomplish what?

It's always the RWNJ traitors who are ashamed of their own country.

We would be so much better off if they stopped their whining and their crapping on the USA and just left.

You worthless bums - Love it or leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, don't get me wrong, we have plenty of serious and pressing issues we need to address but I remain optimistic. I believe in America and the American people.
You are absolutely right. We do have serious issues, but I think the most important one is not being able to talk to our so called counterparts. We have that problem her on the board. Can you imagine how it is in Congress when both sides won't budge for fear of one side getting credit for an idea, so everyone shuts down?

No, I'm not being funny, I'm pointing out that some people see the past through rose colored glasses.
true. And some look through purple. How about you and I look through clear glasses and find some common ground.

A dialogue and sharing of ideas. Agreeing when one person has a good point and being able to disagree like , was going to say adults, but we should do better, Adults don't do communicate well. Why is that?

Nationalist pride is ALL inclusive. In it's truest and purest form it is the central point of which ALL can gather.

Pretty strange coming from a white supremacist, ignorant, cracker, trailer trash like you.

The murder rate has been falling for decades. Is that a result of national pride as well? I am sorry. I am not buying this whole America has lost it's national pride argument you're trying make.
You look at both the post National disaster rates on crime be it Pearl Harbor or 9/11 and it WAS an immediate rise in national pride that took place.

We KNOW how to gather after a disaster what we don't know or at least practice is how to keep that feeling alive.

It's always the RWNJ traitors who are ashamed of their own country.

We would be so much better off if they stopped their whining and their crapping on the USA and just left.

You worthless bums - Love it or leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it possible to identify a problem and being able to talk about it without, "traitors," "whining" "worthless bums?" Just leave it?

A dialogue and sharing of ideas. Agreeing when one person has a good point and being able to disagree like , was going to say adults, but we should do better, Adults don't do communicate well. Why is that?

This happens all the time in this country just not usually in politics. There's a reason for that, the point of politics isn't to get along and share ideas and it definitely isn't to admit you're wrong.

Pretty strange coming from a white supremacist, ignorant, cracker, trailer trash like you.
Your race/economic and personal baiting is really NOT needed by a group ANY group of members trying with good intentions to solve they very issue you are committing here on this thread.

Perhaps a national pride would be more achievable if you didn't demonstrate contempt for your countrymen.

The Mexicans do better because they follow the path set by post WW2 Asians. They get jobs.
But THAT is a true statement. They ARE following the path of Asians.

But THAT is a true statement. They ARE following the path of Asians.
And it is true that you are demonstrating contempt for your countrymen who do not follow the path of the Asians.

But in any case, exactly what attributes of your nation do you want your citizens to take pride in? What are American things to be proud of?

Forum List

Back