Welfare queen wins nearly $200 million powerball - Is this right?

I'm fine with assistance. I'm not fine with poor people saying "haha I have food stamps, so now I can use my own money to go buy fancy wheels, big screen tvs, movie tickets, lottery tickets, etc etc.

So most poor people don't have the intelligence necessary to budget? :eusa_hand:

Most poor people have made MANY bad choices, the inability to budge and plan being one of them..

How did they make it this far in life?

Government assistance, duh

I mean without becoming completely dysfunctional.

They are dysfunctional if they can't manage without full time welfare.

I'm often in a quandary of the inherent logical disconnects in speeders threads. But, since we know as matter beyond dispute, that playing the lotto is irrational, don't we have to assume that IF we decide to fund govt through lottos, we're using stupid money? If folks on welfare can't play, the lottos aren't gonna raise the money! LOL

So most poor people don't have the intelligence necessary to budget? :eusa_hand:

Most poor people have made MANY bad choices, the inability to budge and plan being one of them..

Correction, those on welfare that are still managing to live a respectable life become dysfunctional if they don't get enough food.

I'm often in a quandary of the inherent logical disconnects in speeders threads. But, since we know as matter beyond dispute, that playing the lotto is irrational, don't we have to assume that IF we decide to fund govt through lottos, we're using stupid money? If folks on welfare can't play, the lottos aren't gonna raise the money! LOL

Lottery revenues go to the schools and government anyway. The only money that the taxpayers don't get is for the administration of the lottery.

A big screen TV can occupy a lot of time that might otherwise be spent burning a lot of gas up on the road.

So can a job

How can a black man get a job when he can't read or count or even tell time?
Would it matter, if unemployed labor and citizens in the several States had recourse to a federal Doctrine and State laws regarding the legal concept of employment at will, and unemployment compensation merely for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

They could go to school for as long as they want until they get hired, or pursue a vocation or simple Happiness instead of competing in the market for labor for a job they may not want, with an employer who may not want to hire them.

I stand beside Israel, as they are an ally of ours. HOWEVER, I wonder how many people support the billions of dollars we give to another country, yet bitch about helping a fellow American. A woman with 4 kids!!! What a scummy attitude. As if none of you have ever needed a helping hand?

Some of these losers just want her to suffer.

They are never satisfied with what is good in life.

And they want to feel superior.

I just love how they're talking about televisions now. Lol. How much money do they think a person gets on welfare? It's certainly not a comfortable life. This is a woman who worked TWO jobs and then probably couldn't afford to pay daycare, especially for her special needs child. So they want to punish her. Disgusting. Disgusting hypocrites. As if THEY are perfect and never waste or have wasted money. I can't stand the "holier than thou" crowd.

Do you want them to starve?

Of course not, I want them to realize that our largesse is not license for them to thumb their noses at us and waste their own money

I think financial planning assistance should be mandatory when receiving welfare and if you are caught wasting money, you are out

The reality is without food assistance many of them would become sick, and then we would have to shell out far more money on their health care.

I'm fine with assistance. I'm not fine with poor people saying "haha I have food stamps, so now I can use my own money to go buy fancy wheels, big screen tvs, movie tickets, lottery tickets, etc etc.

For example, don't have kids you can't afford ....

I have 5 kids, I'd have 20 if I could afford it, I love having kids But I'm not sure I could afford it so I don't have 20 kids.

I suppose you've never ever made mistakes. You must be a PERFECT human being.

Lottery revenues go to the schools and government anyway. The only money that the taxpayers don't get is for the administration of the lottery.

You see, they don't care about the $2. They really don't. They want to punish people who make mistakes or bad decisions forever. Most of the time, these are people who call themselves "religious." What a crock!

God would say to forgive her for her sins and not to judge her, because that isn't your place. She has a pretty good plan in place for the money. She is using her intelligence by hiring a lawyer to help her. She plans to set up a fund for her children to go to college so that they don't have to struggle like she did, or as some would say . . . become "thugs." She plans to buy a home for her and her kids to live in.

You're dysfunctional.

I still have high hopes and pipe dreams she will become a better Capitalist and practice perfection in money management as a form of "holy grail". Simply because, Capitalism is Always wonderful when you have enough capital.

Oh, God forbid, a person who is collecting assistance, who probably has a pretty crappy life with not much enjoyment go spend $2 fucking dollars on a lottery ticket. :rolleyes-41:

Now you know why I smoke so much, exogenous cognitive dissonance medication as a palliative. Capitalism is only useless to the right regardless of their proclamations to the contrary in public venues. Some on the left know we merely and simply need to Use capitalism for all of its worth.

Any person collecting public assistance that enjoys a financial windfall should be made to pay back every dime they received for the taxpayers. That, above and beyond the normal taxation on the winnings.
If one benefits, they should give back

It's THEIR money.

Forum List

Back