Wendy David running for Governor

Hypocrisy thy name is liberal.

Ripping the shit out of Cruz's filibuster saying he's grandstanding and setting up for a Presidential run.

BUT you bloody hypocrites cheer Wendy Davis on for her filibuster and grandstanding to set up for a run for the Governor's office.

:lol:

You never cease to amaze me with your hypocrisy.

well you see, Cruz ending up voting YES for the very bill he was filibustering.

while Wendy Davis voted NO.

You're lying again.

Cruz did not vote on a bill. He voted along with others to bring the bill forth for debate and a vote after the debate.

He voted yes on the measure he was blocking

Sources: Wendy Davis running for Texas governor

Maybe she can bring some common sense and decency to Texas.

I wish her the best.

Maybe you are dumber than I thought, she won't even win the Democratic primary.

For months, Democrats have urged Davis to run and reinvigorate a party that hasn't won a statewide office since 1994.

Davis must raise money quickly to compete with Abbott, who has spent the past several years planning a 2014 run and has socked away more than $20 million.

Experts say Davis, 50, would need to raise $40 million to mount a serious campaign, and Davis has spent the past three months attending fundraisers nationwide to build her bankroll.

Davis is a relative newcomer in statewide politics. She was first elected to the Senate in 2008 after spending nearly a decade on the Fort Worth City Council. She narrowly won re-election in 2012 against a Republican challenger in what was one of the state's most costly and bruising races.

For months, Democrats have urged Davis to run and reinvigorate a party that hasn't won a statewide office since 1994.

Davis has smartly waited for any other Democrats to step forward, non have and she will be unopposed by any serious candidates for the D nomination.

She narrowly won re-election in 2012 against a Republican challenger in what was one of the state's most costly and bruising races.

the Rs are afraid of her ....

Wendy Davis is no Ted Cruz: her filibuster was successful, if only for a short time, while Ted Cruz failed and voted with the enemy that day.

A woman winning that office in Texas will be very, very difficult in and of itself. Ma Ferguson was governor as a surrogate for her husband, who couldn't hold office, and Ann Richards, who won because her opponent made the famous "if it's rape, lay back and enjoy it."

Texas is turning blue quicker than most realize. I don't think she will win, because it's still early, but I think it will be a tight race. Wait until 2016 when Hillary runs and puts Julian Castro on the ticket. That will make Texas extremely close. Worst case scenario for Dems is that Texas doesn't turn blue until 2020.

No its not. Dems actually lost gains from 2008 to 2012 in general.

I wish her the best.

Common sense and decency? The only issue she is known for us being so pro killing children that she fillibustered a bill to provide higher standards of care for the women who go to abortion clinics because it might result in fewer children dying.

Now how is that common sense? How is that decent?

Do you even know a single one of her positions aside from this? Im guessing you dont. Though I have no doubt youll be looking them up now to answer this, if you bother to do so.

Yes, we know your type hates babies. Wendy Davis has got a shot in hell of winning that race.

Democrats want to let women abort if the choose to, and help them pay for food, clothes, housing, and childcare for their baby if they choose not to abort.

Conservatives want babies of unwed mothers to die in the street.

They only care about babies...in utero.

That is a retarded response. Where do you get this shit?

Talking points. That way they don't have to actually think about what they are actually saying.

It's clearly not a well thought out response. Clearly he doesn't seem to understand that one can care about people without wanting countless government programs in their lives. According to his arguments, Ebenezer Scrooge was a charitable man for supporting, albeit relunctantly, the government programs to help the poor when he was still a wicked old man.

Clearly the one way to care about children is to kill them and then make them dependent to politicians all their life. let's let the government take care of people. We don't have any obligation to do that personally in our life. [/sarcasm]

Wendy Davis is no Ted Cruz: her filibuster was successful, if only for a short time, while Ted Cruz failed and voted with the enemy that day.

A woman winning that office in Texas will be very, very difficult in and of itself. Ma Ferguson was governor as a surrogate for her husband, who couldn't hold office, and Ann Richards, who won because her opponent made the famous "if it's rape, lay back and enjoy it."

Texas is turning blue quicker than most realize. I don't think she will win, because it's still early, but I think it will be a tight race. Wait until 2016 when Hillary runs and puts Julian Castro on the ticket. That will make Texas extremely close. Worst case scenario for Dems is that Texas doesn't turn blue until 2020.

There wasn't as much enthusiasm in the 2012 election as there was in the 2008 election. 2008 Can be considered a "Wave election" with a spike in democratic support (as can be seen by Obama winning Indiana)

In 2012 "BOTH" sides lost voters...and to say that since the democrats lost voters in some states there is a rightward trend is foolish...but by all means believe it at your own peril.

well you see, Cruz ending up voting YES for the very bill he was filibustering.

while Wendy Davis voted NO.

You're lying again.

Cruz did not vote on a bill. He voted along with others to bring the bill forth for debate and a vote after the debate.

No he didn't vote on the spending bill. Get a grip. He voted with others unanimously to move the bill forward to the next stage.

It was a motion to invoke cloture.

Here ya go sparky:

Earlier today, after Ted Cruz spoke for 21 hours, the Senate voted 100-0 to on the "Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed" to the bill funding the government.

Are you confused by Ted Cruz's vote on cloture? (Ahem, NY Times.) Then read this. | WashingtonExaminer.com

You're lying again.

No he didn't vote on the spending bill. Get a grip. He voted with others unanimously to move the bill forward to the next stage.

Here ya go sparky:

Earlier today, after Ted Cruz spoke for 21 hours, the Senate voted 100-0 to on the "Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed" to the bill funding the government.

Are you confused by Ted Cruz's vote on cloture? (Ahem, NY Times.) Then read this. | WashingtonExaminer.com

The motion which he was blocking from getting voted on was the motion to invoke cloture. It's the only possible thing he was possibly blocking. There is no other motion he was filibustering, none!

....and then he voted yes on it.

I wish her the best.

Maybe you are dumber than I thought, she won't even win the Democratic primary.

Davis must raise money quickly to compete with Abbott, who has spent the past several years planning a 2014 run and has socked away more than $20 million.

Experts say Davis, 50, would need to raise $40 million to mount a serious campaign, and Davis has spent the past three months attending fundraisers nationwide to build her bankroll.

Davis is a relative newcomer in statewide politics. She was first elected to the Senate in 2008 after spending nearly a decade on the Fort Worth City Council. She narrowly won re-election in 2012 against a Republican challenger in what was one of the state's most costly and bruising races.

Davis has smartly waited for any other Democrats to step forward, non have and she will be unopposed by any serious candidates for the D nomination.

She narrowly won re-election in 2012 against a Republican challenger in what was one of the state's most costly and bruising races.

the Rs are afraid of her ....

Is there a reason I should be afraid of her? Im not an unborn baby.

"A vote for cloture is a vote for Obamacare."
- Ted Cruz

He didn't vote for cloture.

One more freaking time he voted on a motion to proceed.

It's not their fault that they don't understand a parlimentry rule that most politicians dont even understand.

Though it is their fault that they keep pretending otherwise after they've been informed about it.

No other Democrat has expressed interest in running for governor in Texas ...

it's Wendy's for the taking - everything to gain ... good luck, the Rs have held the office long enough.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait...you're SERIOUS????

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Here ya go sparky:

The motion which he was blocking from getting voted on was the motion to invoke cloture. It's the only possible thing he was possibly blocking. There is no other motion he was filibustering, none!

....and then he voted yes on it.

Oh bite me.

Are you going to tell me that Cruz didn't know exactly what he was doing with this symbolic filibuster?

This gentleman with his background in law? With his stellar and exceptional legal resume?

You really should check out his resume so you understand who your conservative enemy is.

Here were Cruz's words last night:

The central vote the Senate will take on this fight will not occur today and it will not occur tomorrow.

The first vote we are going to take on this is a vote on what is called cloture on the motion to proceed.

Very few people not on this floor have any idea what that means and even, I suspect, a fair number of people on this floor are not quite sure what that means.

That will simply be a vote whether to take up this bill and to begin debating this bill. I expect that vote to pass overwhelmingly, if not unanimously.

Everyone agrees we ought to take this up, we ought to start this conversation.

The next vote we take will occur on Friday or Saturday and it will be on what is called cloture on the bill. That is the vote that matters. Cloture on the bill, the vote Friday or Saturday, is the vote that matters.

Can't wait for the conservative smear campaign...they should reach new lows

There wasn't as much enthusiasm in the 2012 election as there was in the 2008 election. 2008 Can be considered a "Wave election" with a spike in democratic support (as can be seen by Obama winning Indiana)

In 2012 "BOTH" sides lost voters...and to say that since the democrats lost voters in some states there is a rightward trend is foolish...but by all means believe it at your own peril.

I actually looked at the numbers in texas and based it on empirical evidence.

Forum List

Back