What arms do we need to take the government back?

Read the US Constitution and explain how a tyrannical ruler is allowed

We have had tyranny in this country. In the first case it was resolved in the Civil War, the second by a peaceful Civil Rights era
you have wandered so far from what this thread is about that it no longer is the original thread.....
Please, please...explain
i have to explain it to you?....go back and read the opening stanza....its not about over throwing our current govt, its what would happen if a tyrannical dictator took control....how would we get it back....and your 4 little tenets wont work...
I know, I know...Fantasy

Red Dawn
WOLVERINE!
if you did not want to talk about what the topic is...why did you jump in?.....
I did talk about the topic

If you take up arms against our government, you will be squashed like a bug

Read the US Constitution and explain how a tyrannical ruler is allowed

We have had tyranny in this country. In the first case it was resolved in the Civil War, the second by a peaceful Civil Rights era
you have wandered so far from what this thread is about that it no longer is the original thread.....

The thread started as a ridiculous "what if" to begin with. Not at all surprising it veered off.

if a such a thing as the OP proposed ever happened, we don't know what would happen. I would imagine there would be an organized resistance that would enlist UN and other allied assistance. There would be no Red Dawn like these creepers fantasize about.
if it was so ridiculous why did you jump in?...
Because mocking the ridiculous is our National pastime.
at one time people thought it was ridiculous to think we would ever land on the moon....even though that was a waste of time and effort.....
Please, please...explain
i have to explain it to you?....go back and read the opening stanza....its not about over throwing our current govt, its what would happen if a tyrannical dictator took control....how would we get it back....and your 4 little tenets wont work...
I know, I know...Fantasy

Red Dawn
WOLVERINE!

Give us your serious assessment about what would happen

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

We don't all agree that the second amendment defines our right to keep and bear arms, we don't all agree that a "well regulated militia" isn't a militia encumbered by regulation, and we don't all agree that "shall not be infringed" really means just that. This thread is not meant to debate the intent of the second amendment, but rather to debate which arms are needed if we are to over power and take back a tyrannical government.

Regardless of your beliefs, ideology, or opinions of what the second ammendment are, please list what arms you think we would need as private citizens if we were to assemble militias to overpower and take back a tyrannical federal government if this hypothetical event were to occur. Would we need more than millions of ar15 owners? Do we need baseball bats and metal garbage can lids? What do you think we would need?

I think you need to check yourself into the loony bin.

Sorry bout that,

1. All "We The People" need to do is march on Washington DC, in huge numbers demanding the government be dismantled and the military will act on our behalf.
  2. They have sworn to protect the Constitution when they went into the military, enemies outside USA and within.
  3. That's all that needs to be done, is protest!
  4. And unless we start seeing law breakers frog marched off into jail pretty soon, protests will happen in mass.
  5. Which party isn't be convicted of crimes that they have done repeatedly, its the DEMOCRATS!
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

We don't all agree that the second amendment defines our right to keep and bear arms, we don't all agree that a "well regulated militia" isn't a militia encumbered by regulation, and we don't all agree that "shall not be infringed" really means just that. This thread is not meant to debate the intent of the second amendment, but rather to debate which arms are needed if we are to over power and take back a tyrannical government.

Regardless of your beliefs, ideology, or opinions of what the second ammendment are, please list what arms you think we would need as private citizens if we were to assemble militias to overpower and take back a tyrannical federal government if this hypothetical event were to occur. Would we need more than millions of ar15 owners? Do we need baseball bats and metal garbage can lids? What do you think we would need?

It's ok, I know commies can't process hypothetical events like the one you quoted. My dog can't either.

It's ok, I know commies can't process hypothetical events like the one you quoted. My dog can't either.
Haven’t seen you answer the OP

The arms private citizens need to overpower a tyrannical government

1. The vote
2. A Free Press
3. The right of assembly
4. Freedom of Speech

It has worked for 230 years
None of those things are available under tyrannical rule, hence the reason for the term "tyrannical"...and we have never in our 230 year history used those things to "overpower/overthrow a tyrannical government in our country...
...in fact the only thing those 4 things have in common with the second amendment is that they are protected by it, and it by them, which is why tyrants do not have a second amendment...
...only governments who do not trust the citizenry take away their guns...
...as for the OP's question, the amount of arms necessary would be varied and dictated by the governments determination...a million ar-15's would be a very formidable force, an armed population of 300 million would be impossible to subdue

What arms do we need to take the government back?
None... you need a "win" at the ballot box.

Try it any other way and you're gonna get stomped... and most of the rest of us will watch and laugh.

Thus be it ever to traitors.

God Save the Republic.

The arms private citizens need to overpower a tyrannical government

1. The vote
2. A Free Press
3. The right of assembly
4. Freedom of Speech

It has worked for 230 years
None of those things are available under tyrannical rule, hence the reason for the term "tyrannical"...and we have never in our 230 year history used those things to "overpower/overthrow a tyrannical government in our country...
...in fact the only thing those 4 things have in common with the second amendment is that they are protected by it, and it by them, which is why tyrants do not have a second amendment...
...only governments who do not trust the citizenry take away their guns...
...as for the OP's question, the amount of arms necessary would be varied and dictated by the governments determination...a million ar-15's would be a very formidable force, an armed population of 300 million would be impossible to subdue
Neither are guns

Now let’s hear your cold dead fingers nonsense

We don't need arms, we need asses - asses to get out of the seats and vote.
A tyrannical government can control votes, impeachments, courts, etc. If it came down to taking back a truly tyrannical government where all the historical means of controlling it are failing, what arms do you think we the people would need to take it back? The opening post does specify that we separate from our subjective ideology and to handle this hypothetical situation objectively, so what arms do you think we would need?

Just like the first revolutionary war. . .

They used anything they could get their hands on.

If all you have is a butter knife?

You use the butter knife to try to procure something more efficient.

The advantage we "the people" have this time is the fact that we would have significant numbers of Military soldiers that would likely desert and join forces with the armed citizenry (many who are veterans) and those defecting Military members would most likely bring some of their more modern Military weapons with them.

Last edited:

No candidates who would threaten the Keynesian welfare/warfare machine will ever get by the rigged nomination process. It's just the truth of the matter. Democracy itself has been weaponized. And for a very long time.

A tyrannical government can control votes, impeachments, courts, etc. If it came down to taking back a truly tyrannical government where all the historical means of controlling it are failing, what arms do you think we the people would need to take it back? The opening post does specify that we separate from our subjective ideology and to handle this hypothetical situation objectively, so what arms do you think we would need?

The advantage we "the people" have this time is the fact that we would have significant numbers of Military soldiers that would likely desert and join forces with the armed citizenry (many who are veterans) and those defecting Military members would most likely bring some of their weapons with them.
Vets are the ones who taught the active duty how to use the planes, tanks, boats, and weapons. There are far more of us vets out here than there are active duty, and we all own the military equipment.

The advantage we "the people" have this time is the fact that we would have significant numbers of Military soldiers that would likely desert and join forces with the armed citizenry (many who are veterans) and those defecting Military members would most likely bring some of their weapons with them.
Vets are the ones who taught the active duty how to use the planes, tanks, boats, and weapons. There are far more of us vets out here than there are active duty, and we all own the military equipment.

Semper Fi.

Semper Fi.
Always.

Please, please...explain
I know, I know...Fantasy

Red Dawn
WOLVERINE!

thats not what the thread was about....thats what you turned it into...

Forum List

Back