what determines whether a person goes to heaven or not?

My response was tongue in cheek but nevertheless correct. Koshergirl is covered by the blood of the Lamb. She has life and has it more abundantly. She is not under the law, but under the grace of God, through Christ. And because of it, God remembers her sins no more. It is the ultimate example of being blessed.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that God remembers everything. However..................if you repent and are truly sorry for the hate that you put out in the world, you can be forgiven.

But.......................if you continue to spew that same hate into the world to scare others into your own belief system, I'm thinking that you didn't repent, and therefore are not worthy of being forgiven.

I mean......................if I ask another person to forgive me for what I've done, it also implies an agreement that I will never do the action that caused me to have to be forgiven in the first place.

If I ask to be forgiven, yet continue with the same aberrant behavior that caused me to ask for forgiveness in the first place, I haven't repented, and am just asking to be forgiven for something that I'm not really sorry for, and will continue to do in the future.

Sorry, but most Christians use forgiveness as a cosmic credit card that they expect to have to pay eventually, but not right now.

forgiveness is not the same as atonement - you can be forgiven but without atonement one will simply perish ... per the Everlasting.

the Everlasting is only for the pure of Heart.

'

Luckily, anything that such inconsequential motes as ourselves may do, in an inconceivably vast universe, is utterly trivial and unimportant.

Try to realize fully the complete unimportance of your existence.

'

Luckily, anything that such inconsequential motes as ourselves may do, in an inconceivably vast universe, is utterly trivial and unimportant.

We will settle for noting and then derisively laughing at the complete unimportance of your existence, noman.

`

'

We will settle for noting and then derisively laughing at the complete unimportance of your existence, noman.

`

. White ...

to bad but for a few in the Garden ... the idiot BP blowout crew and the Gulf of Mexico.

Last edited:

Why not? I laugh (or, at least, chuckle) at the complete unimportance of my existence, too.

You could do with a bit of lightening up, though, Ilar. · · :D

and of course the Christians: Avatar - Irish Ram - CG xxxx etc. believe God will forgive them .... :eusa_shifty:

Why not? I laugh (or, at least, chuckle) at the complete unimportance of my existence, too.

But your existence isn't unimportant. You mattered so much that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob became mortal to suffer and died for you. You are so important that He bled at every pore for you.

He suffered more than any human being ever will so you might recieve Immortality and Eternal Life. Your soul is Great in His sight.

and of course the Christians: Avatar - Irish Ram - CG xxxx etc. believe God will forgive them .... :eusa_shifty:

Why wouldn't we? God will forgive you too if you repent. He will forgive all who repent and come unto Him. So why wouldn't we believe it? It's true.

I would like to get the opinion of people of different religious backgrounds.

I was raised Catholic but have never had any prayers answered so I now don't believe there is a god. We are all in charge of our own destiny and when we die, we are gone.

Religion was learned and then unlearned for me.

I wasn't raised Catholic.
I too would like more prayers answered.
I waited a while to answer your question because I'm not going to slam your post.
In some ways, we are servants to God and He is represented as being a King in some ways. I've studied prayer and I keep studying. As a servant (positionally), do I always deserve my prayers answered?

Have I ever done wrong? Do I now have a conscience over the things I've tried to do in the past? My conscience bugs me about trying to do the right things in the past because I responded harder than I should have or I wasn't good enough in trying to do the right things. Do I think I deserve things based on my behavior?

Were the things I wanted good for me? I thought so, "yes" at the time but from hindsight, I'm glad God didn't answer my prayers.

I find that God answers when we are doing His will His way.

Another misnomer about prayer is that we think prayer is going to change God but really prayer is to change us.

Why wouldn't we? God will forgive you too if you repent. He will forgive all who repent and come unto Him. So why wouldn't we believe it? It's true.

Why wouldn't we?

The Sea Creatures for one ... oh, it was we and not God, sorry.

you must sin first to have something to repent - ask not the Christian, rather the example.

Really? The Church is never wrong?

Quick question...............what about the Inquisition? What about the killing of the Native Americans?

What about slaves for that matter? Didn't God abhor slavery? If not, then why did He free the Israelites?

Do you really have to display your dimwitted ignorance so consistently? And so often?

That is incorrect.

My response was tongue in cheek but nevertheless correct. Koshergirl is covered by the blood of the Lamb. She has life and has it more abundantly. She is not under the law, but under the grace of God, through Christ. And because of it, God remembers her sins no more. It is the ultimate example of being blessed.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that God remembers everything. However..................if you repent and are truly sorry for the hate that you put out in the world, you can be forgiven.

But.......................if you continue to spew that same hate into the world to scare others into your own belief system, I'm thinking that you didn't repent, and therefore are not worthy of being forgiven.

I mean......................if I ask another person to forgive me for what I've done, it also implies an agreement that I will never do the action that caused me to have to be forgiven in the first place.

If I ask to be forgiven, yet continue with the same aberrant behavior that caused me to ask for forgiveness in the first place, I haven't repented, and am just asking to be forgiven for something that I'm not really sorry for, and will continue to do in the future.

Sorry, but most Christians use forgiveness as a cosmic credit card that they expect to have to pay eventually, but not right now.

And what makes you the authority on whether people are repenting *enough* for God's forgiveness or not?

I recall that you were under the impression that Noah slept with his daughters. Your understanding of Christianity, and the bible, is skewed by your disgusting nature, your substance abuse, and your stupidity.

Meanwhile:

"
reputation_neg.gif
The Arab Spring: A... 08-18-2013 10:37 PM ABikerSailor Neg rep returned Krusty Twat, the Always A Babbling Bitch................evangelicals ARE radical, only problem is, they (like you) are too stupid to know it. BTW..are you still using circumsicision to find the humans? Quit blowing animals twit.
You are not the person who has any room to talk about spewing hatred and foul vitriol. I find that disgusting unsaved pukes like you call truth and fact hate, and in fact work overtime to besmirch the word of God itself.

Return to your cave and wait for your trip to hell.

No, not really ironic at all. There's nothing mean spirited in pointing out (repeatedly) that statements that I never made are being attributed to me, and then criticized.

What is ironic is that people claim there's nothing in a book they haven't read that will justify belief.

THAT'S ironic.

Kosher Girl, having seen many of your posts, perhaps it is best you refrain from discussions of Christianity and your support of it. People might discredit Christianity based on your character as it is revealed on this forum. It is sad when people turn away from Christ based upon the actions of Christians.

To the rest of you, Christianity is about faith. If you do not wish to believe, then no argument will convince you. My suggestion would be to read the book of John in the New Testament with an open mind.

That is not our job, but the job of the Holy Spirit to draw others to Him. How He does that drawing will vary. Who are we to tell KG what to say and when to say it?

Some Christians have a fear that the world will see us as sinners. But the fact is we are all sinners. Whether Christian or not. Christians just happen to be under God's grace and mercy. THAT is the point of the death and resurrection of the Lord

But your existence isn't unimportant. You mattered so much that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob became mortal to suffer and died for you. You are so important that He bled at every pore for you.

He suffered more than any human being ever will so you might recieve Immortality and Eternal Life. Your soul is Great in His sight.

There's not even a connection between someone being crucified and others receiving immortality. Jesus was a badass and they crucified him, that's all.

And what makes you the authority on whether people are repenting *enough* for God's forgiveness or not?
Ironic coming from the "authority" on "judging" others.
I recall that you were under the impression that Noah slept with his daughters. Your understanding of Christianity, and the bible, is skewed by your disgusting nature, your substance abuse, and your stupidity.

Meanwhile:

"
reputation_neg.gif
The Arab Spring: A... 08-18-2013 10:37 PM ABikerSailor Neg rep returned Krusty Twat, the Always A Babbling Bitch................evangelicals ARE radical, only problem is, they (like you) are too stupid to know it. BTW..are you still using circumsicision to find the humans? Quit blowing animals twit.
You are not the person who has any room to talk about spewing hatred and foul vitriol. I find that disgusting unsaved pukes like you call truth and fact hate, and in fact work overtime to besmirch the word of God itself.

Please provide the GPS coordinates for that location.

No, not really ironic at all. There's nothing mean spirited in pointing out (repeatedly) that statements that I never made are being attributed to me, and then criticized.

What is ironic is that people claim there's nothing in a book they haven't read that will justify belief.

THAT'S ironic.

Kosher Girl, having seen many of your posts, perhaps it is best you refrain from discussions of Christianity and your support of it. People might discredit Christianity based on your character as it is revealed on this forum. It is sad when people turn away from Christ based upon the actions of Christians.

To the rest of you, Christianity is about faith. If you do not wish to believe, then no argument will convince you. My suggestion would be to read the book of John in the New Testament with an open mind.

That is not our job, but the job of the Holy Spirit to draw others to Him. How He does that drawing will vary. Who are we to tell KG what to say and when to say it?

Some Christians have a fear that the world will see us as sinners. But the fact is we are all sinners. Whether Christian or not. Christians just happen to be under God's grace and mercy. THAT is the point of the death and resurrection of the Lord

Exactly. I am just as much a sinner as my older brother, yet he refuses the grace ond forgiveveness of Jesus and I received it and hold onto it by his mercy.

Meanwhile:

"
reputation_neg.gif

I guess you missed the part about "neg rep returned".

Ever heard of Karma?

BTW y'all.............................if you disagree with Krusty Twat (aka Kosher Girl, or as she was formerly known "AllieBabba" who I called Always A Babbling Bitch), you're gonna have to deal with her belief system (also known as infallible "proof"), as well as a bunch of Bible verses, and if you quote one wrong on ONE occasion, she's going to bring it up all the time.

Even when she's been proven to be wrong on several occasions.

Forum List

Back