What did you have for dinner?

ok you don't clean, you don't garden, you don't cook.

Do you have a nanny too!?

there are a few other skills that have kept many women clothed and fed for centuries.....

Uh-oh....careful....:whip:

wut?

knitting and hunting to name just two.:eusa_angel:

I don't do either

But I do watch a lot of sports and fish :)

Well Youtube can help teach and perfect these skills.

fishing I mean, of course.......

there are a few other skills that have kept many women clothed and fed for centuries.....

yeah well, I'm not a prostitute.... or for sale. I'm not rich either. (nor is my spouse)
You live in a shotgun shack? I believe you live in a state that takes muchas dinero to live..

yeah it's a nice place, there is only the 2 of us so it works. Yep, it's expensive. I'm a total underachiever and hubby is retired so - we get to do what we want, so that works....

Uh-oh....careful....:whip:

wut?

knitting and hunting to name just two.:eusa_angel:

I don't do either

But I do watch a lot of sports and fish :)

Well Youtube can help teach and perfect these skills.

fishing I mean, of course.......

Yeah well, you have to have an interest in improving.
Some like "fishing" more than others - some are "naturals" and some have to work at it.
Well if I'm not a natural, I'm not working at it - I'm selfish that way

It is Brooklyn actually. That's where he grew up.
I'm from Joisey, actually. Well, actually just since the 10th grade. So it's New Freakin Joisey to be correct.

You can look it up -- he was born and raised in Brooklyn.

But here's a Jersey song consolation prize:
I can look up what, you retarded shithole? I was talking to Lucy about the Brooklyn and Jersey accents and you couldn't follow the conversation.

Go suck a turd for lunch.

Once again in slomo for the Special kids:

Lucy-- 'Bernie Sanders has that accent, is that Brooklyn?'
You -- 'It's Jersey but more north Jersey. Brooklyn is similar. Car is cah. Like "Where did ya pock ya cah?"'

Well --- no. It isn't. It's Brooklyn.
Read your own posts.

Tonight for dinner Mr. Lucy is making a venison and red wine casserole.

This is the recipe....as I commented earlier, I've disliked carrots since I was about 4 years-old, but I'll eat carrots if they're mixed into something like the below, carrots on their own yuk.

Mr. Lucy now home at 4.06pm, he'll probably begin the below at 5pm, so we'll have dinner between 8pm-9pm.

Venison and red wine casserole

ingredients

• 2 tbsp plain flour
    • 900g diced venison
    • oil for frying, e.g. vegetable or sunflower
    • 1 large onion, finely sliced
    • 3 carrots, peeled & finely diced
    • 3 sticks celery, diced
    • 3 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
    • 450ml red wine
    • 200ml beef stock
    • 10g dried wild mushrooms, chopped
    • 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
    • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
    • 10-12 juniper berries, lightly crushed
    • a few sprigs fresh thyme & rosemary
    • 2 bay leaves
    • salt & pepper
method

• Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas 2.
    • Place the flour in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss the venison in the flour to coat. In a large flameproof casserole heat 3 tablespoons oil.
    • Fry the venison in batches to brown; you want a good caramel colour for the best flavour, so don’t crowd the pan. Once browned, transfer the venison to a large bowl and set aside.
    • Heat a little more oil in the pan and fry the onion, carrots, celery and garlic for a few minutes to soften.
    • Add the wine, stock, dried mushrooms, redcurrant jelly, balsamic vinegar, juniper berries and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
    • Return the venison to the pan and bring to the boil. Cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 2½-3 hours, until the meat is tender.

I was actually on a "salad only" kick for quite some time.
I may have to go back to that ... ;)

I like salad...there is so many things you can do to make it different.
I like to cut chicken tenders into thin strips, spice them up with paprika/red pepper flakes/ginger and then make honey mustard dressing...shave some cheddar cheese....

I need to make my own dressing - should be easy because I only like vinegarettes anyway.....

All you need is a bowl and a whisk...super simple. Just need to buy a few varieties of vinegars...red wine vinegar, balsamic etc. And very important - decent virgin olive oil.

Extra virgin olive oil, also you have to be careful, there's a huge market of extra virgin olive oil mixed with cheaper oils sold as actual extra virgin olive oil. A way you can determine this, is by putting it in the fridge, although even this isn't 100% conclusive.

Extra virgin olive oil is comprised of mainly monounsaturated fat that gets more solid when cold. If you put a real extra virgin olive oil in the fridge, it ought to become thick and cloudy as it cools completely.

However, if the oil you put in the fridge fails to thicken at all, then you know it's probably mixed with cheaper oils.

Bertolli brands are not to be trusted, they already have been derided for their involvement in selling extra virgin olive oil mixed with canola oil.

Yep. That was a huge scandal. Almost every "trusted" brand of Italian Olive oil was found to be mixed oil. Canola, grapeseed, used motor :lol: ...always mixing in the the cheap shit to make a few extra bucks. Another thing that was exposed was that most of the olive oil that is sold as "Italian" is not even from Italy! Buyer beware.

Personally, I find this brand to be excellent- it's 100% pure California Olive Oil, 100% olives. It's also DELICIOUS!! (and the price is reasonable)

California-Olive-Ranch-2011-EVOO-Line-Up1.jpg

I like to cut chicken tenders into thin strips, spice them up with paprika/red pepper flakes/ginger and then make honey mustard dressing...shave some cheddar cheese....

I need to make my own dressing - should be easy because I only like vinegarettes anyway.....

All you need is a bowl and a whisk...super simple. Just need to buy a few varieties of vinegars...red wine vinegar, balsamic etc. And very important - decent virgin olive oil.

Extra virgin olive oil, also you have to be careful, there's a huge market of extra virgin olive oil mixed with cheaper oils sold as actual extra virgin olive oil. A way you can determine this, is by putting it in the fridge, although even this isn't 100% conclusive.

Extra virgin olive oil is comprised of mainly monounsaturated fat that gets more solid when cold. If you put a real extra virgin olive oil in the fridge, it ought to become thick and cloudy as it cools completely.

However, if the oil you put in the fridge fails to thicken at all, then you know it's probably mixed with cheaper oils.

Bertolli brands are not to be trusted, they already have been derided for their involvement in selling extra virgin olive oil mixed with canola oil.

Yep. That was a huge scandal. Almost every "trusted" brand of Italian Olive oil was found to be mixed oil. Canola, grapeseed, used motor :lol: ...always mixing in the the cheap shit to make a few extra bucks. Another thing that was exposed was that most of the olive oil that is sold as "Italian" is not even from Italy! Buyer beware.

Personally, I find this brand to be excellent- it's 100% pure California Olive Oil, 100% olives. It's also DELICIOUS!! (and the price is reasonable)

I've always noticed my olive oil went to a semi-solid if I went out of town during a cold spell. In fact I used it as a record of "how cold did it get while I was out?".

Haven't paid much attention to the brand on the label though. I remember "Philippo Berio"

La Cosa Nostra was involved and making billions on the racket. It's very expensive to produce Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I've obviously never seen any of those brands you post, being in Europa, ours are in general Prodotto in Italia.

La Cosa Nostra was involved and making billions on the racket. It's very expensive to produce Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I've obviously never seen any of those brands you post, being in Europa, ours are in general Prodotto in Italia.

"Billions" you say? :eusa_liar:
Billions of lira, no doubt.

I learned that by accident by putting it in the fridge and pulling lard out later on. The other thing is the flash point. Extra Virgin olive oil isn't suitable for cooking because it will burn. I always keep the regular or "lite" stuff around too for that.

Yes Extra virgin olive oil is actually flammable. Rapeseed oil, canola oil etc are best for cooking.

For high heat cooking, I use Avocado oil. It is mild and buttery but doesn't smoke until over 500 degrees.

:thup:

PS- Canola oil is a made up name. It's genetically modified RAPESEED OIL. Besides the disgusting name, it's really unnatural and gross stuff. Stay away from it. Watch the video at this link.....it shows how it is made. It is anything but "natural".....

Canola Oil: Good or Bad?

I buy my Italian Extra Virgin olive oil from Costco. It probably comes from China.

We only ever buy one type of Extra Virgin olive oil, Mr. Lucy get's the cans, he's not a fan of the bottles.

This is what we buy, Giuseppe Calvi from Oneglia, Western Liguria on the Italian Riviera, in the Imperia region of Western Italy on the coast, not far from the Italian border with Monaco, the principle city of Liguria is Genoa.

129102770246ba22fe88e26d8d539d55.jpg

I learned that by accident by putting it in the fridge and pulling lard out later on. The other thing is the flash point. Extra Virgin olive oil isn't suitable for cooking because it will burn. I always keep the regular or "lite" stuff around too for that.

Yes Extra virgin olive oil is actually flammable. Rapeseed oil, canola oil etc are best for cooking.

For high heat cooking, I use Avocado oil. It is mild and buttery but doesn't smoke until over 500 degrees.

PS- Canola oil is a made up name. It's genetically modified RAPESEED OIL. Besides the disgusting name, it's really unnatural and gross stuff. Stay away from it. Watch the video at this link.....it shows how it is made. It is anything but "natural".....

The word "rapeseed" has nothing to do with "rape". It's unrelated. Calling it "Canada oil" (canola) is just PC bolshoi.

I use olive oil a lot, but I also use Canola oil a lot. I thought Canola oil was supposed to be healthy?

Anyway, I've always used it, and I am perfectly healthy. No food allergies, no high blood pressure, no diabetes, no problems at all. :dunno:

I think people are overly paranoid. I've always used canola, and I don't have any health problems. I guess perhaps some people are more prone to health problems than others and need to find a scape goat?

Thighs are too juicy and sweet. I do like them grilled though.

I need to learn to grill
I was looking at some George Foreman's on Amazon.
We also have an unopened small portable grill in the basement...
The portable one will be way better for that. I have a Foreman type grill but it's good for hamburger, bacon, salmon burgers (if you add oil). It's not a chicken griller. You also need a domed splatter screen to grill indoors.

Bonzi should talk Mr. Bonzi into doing some cooking. Many girls, myself included, think that men who can cook are very sexy....this is why often I DEMAND that Mr. Lucy must be naked whilst in the kitchen :smoke:

Surely you let him wear an apron when frying bacon....

This reminded me of the time that my cousin Kurt was chopping chillies in his kitchen, and he had to venture to the little boys room, and he'd forgotten to wash his hands post-chopping chillies and well....not a good situation in the bathroom :eek-52:

You pronounce the name Kurt incorrectly, you say Kert....it's pronounced Kourt, as in Tennis Kourt.

No, no, no. U in the word Kurt has the short "u" sound. You are saying it all wrong. :D

I agree but hubby doesn't like dark meat? No clue why cause he likes tender meat/chicken. I think it's mental...
Thighs are too juicy and sweet. I do like them grilled though.

I need to learn to grill
I was looking at some George Foreman's on Amazon.
We also have an unopened small portable grill in the basement...

Those George Foreman grills are pretty cheesy but they actually work great for fast chicken breasts.
When I get a craving for jerk chicken and I don't feel like spending hours doing it the right way I slather on some Spur Tree jerk seasoning and throw in the Foreman for around eight minutes.
Not as good as smoking em but it'll do in a pinch.
Yes, they are fast. That's why fast food joints like McDonalds use clam-shell cookers.

No, I want the best tasting grilled food possible. I think I'm on the right track...

You're in your 50s and you don't know how to cook YET? :eusa_doh: How did you feed your kids?

Forum List

Back