What did you have for dinner?

I need to learn to grill
I was looking at some George Foreman's on Amazon.
We also have an unopened small portable grill in the basement...
The portable one will be way better for that. I have a Foreman type grill but it's good for hamburger, bacon, salmon burgers (if you add oil). It's not a chicken griller. You also need a domed splatter screen to grill indoors.

Bonzi should talk Mr. Bonzi into doing some cooking. Many girls, myself included, think that men who can cook are very sexy....this is why often I DEMAND that Mr. Lucy must be naked whilst in the kitchen :smoke:

Surely you let him wear an apron when frying bacon....

This reminded me of the time that my cousin Kurt was chopping chillies in his kitchen, and he had to venture to the little boys room, and he'd forgotten to wash his hands post-chopping chillies and well....not a good situation in the bathroom :eek-52:

You pronounce the name Kurt incorrectly, you say Kert....it's pronounced Kourt, as in Tennis Kourt.

No, no, no. U in the word Kurt has the short "u" sound. You are saying it all wrong. :D

Ahem, so you want to start trouble huh? :meow: :tongue:

The portable one will be way better for that. I have a Foreman type grill but it's good for hamburger, bacon, salmon burgers (if you add oil). It's not a chicken griller. You also need a domed splatter screen to grill indoors.

Bonzi should talk Mr. Bonzi into doing some cooking. Many girls, myself included, think that men who can cook are very sexy....this is why often I DEMAND that Mr. Lucy must be naked whilst in the kitchen :smoke:

This reminded me of the time that my cousin Kurt was chopping chillies in his kitchen, and he had to venture to the little boys room, and he'd forgotten to wash his hands post-chopping chillies and well....not a good situation in the bathroom :eek-52:

You pronounce the name Kurt incorrectly, you say Kert....it's pronounced Kourt, as in Tennis Kourt.

No, no, no. U in the word Kurt has the short "u" sound. You are saying it all wrong. :D

Well, I can't fight a pregnant girl. :lol:

Extra virgin olive oil, also you have to be careful, there's a huge market of extra virgin olive oil mixed with cheaper oils sold as actual extra virgin olive oil. A way you can determine this, is by putting it in the fridge, although even this isn't 100% conclusive.

Extra virgin olive oil is comprised of mainly monounsaturated fat that gets more solid when cold. If you put a real extra virgin olive oil in the fridge, it ought to become thick and cloudy as it cools completely.

However, if the oil you put in the fridge fails to thicken at all, then you know it's probably mixed with cheaper oils.

Bertolli brands are not to be trusted, they already have been derided for their involvement in selling extra virgin olive oil mixed with canola oil.
I learned that by accident by putting it in the fridge and pulling lard out later on. The other thing is the flash point. Extra Virgin olive oil isn't suitable for cooking because it will burn. I always keep the regular or "lite" stuff around too for that.

Yes Extra virgin olive oil is actually flammable. Rapeseed oil, canola oil etc are best for cooking.

For high heat cooking, I use Avocado oil. It is mild and buttery but doesn't smoke until over 500 degrees.

:thup:

PS- Canola oil is a made up name. It's genetically modified RAPESEED OIL. Besides the disgusting name, it's really unnatural and gross stuff. Stay away from it. Watch the video at this link.....it shows how it is made. It is anything but "natural".....

Canola Oil: Good or Bad?

The word "rapeseed" has nothing to do with "rape". It's unrelated. Calling it "Canada oil" (canola) is just PC bolshoi.

A field of rapeseed (Brassica napus) is absolutely beautiful, look at this perfect yellow.

rapeseed_2974396b.jpg

I do feel in the mood to start some trouble though! :D

Well, I can't fight a pregnant girl. :lol:

Yes, that's like me having one hand tied behind my back :smoke:

I do feel in the mood to start some trouble though! :D

Uh-oh :eek-52: :scared1:

I buy my Italian Extra Virgin olive oil from Costco. It probably comes from China.

We only ever buy one type of Extra Virgin olive oil, Mr. Lucy get's the cans, he's not a fan of the bottles.

This is what we buy, Giuseppe Calvi from Oneglia, Western Liguria on the Italian Riviera, in the Imperia region of Western Italy on the coast, not far from the Italian border with Monaco, the principle city of Liguria is Genoa.

129102770246ba22fe88e26d8d539d55.jpg

I buy whatever is on sale usually.

ok you don't clean, you don't garden, you don't cook.

Do you have a nanny too!?

there are a few other skills that have kept many women clothed and fed for centuries.....

yeah well, I'm not a prostitute.... or for sale. I'm not rich either. (nor is my spouse)
You live in a shotgun shack? I believe you live in a state that takes muchas dinero to live..

yeah it's a nice place, there is only the 2 of us so it works. Yep, it's expensive. I'm a total underachiever and hubby is retired so - we get to do what we want, so that works....

He's retired, and he doesn't cook, help out with the household chores, do laundry or yard work? What in the hell does he do all day?

Thighs are too juicy and sweet. I do like them grilled though.

I need to learn to grill
I was looking at some George Foreman's on Amazon.
We also have an unopened small portable grill in the basement...

Those George Foreman grills are pretty cheesy but they actually work great for fast chicken breasts.
When I get a craving for jerk chicken and I don't feel like spending hours doing it the right way I slather on some Spur Tree jerk seasoning and throw in the Foreman for around eight minutes.
Not as good as smoking em but it'll do in a pinch.
Yes, they are fast. That's why fast food joints like McDonalds use clam-shell cookers.

No, I want the best tasting grilled food possible. I think I'm on the right track...

You're in your 50s and you don't know how to cook YET? :eusa_doh: How did you feed your kids?

Hopefully not with this stuff.

1366559_orig.jpg

kasich-wendy.jpg

there are a few other skills that have kept many women clothed and fed for centuries.....

yeah well, I'm not a prostitute.... or for sale. I'm not rich either. (nor is my spouse)
You live in a shotgun shack? I believe you live in a state that takes muchas dinero to live..

yeah it's a nice place, there is only the 2 of us so it works. Yep, it's expensive. I'm a total underachiever and hubby is retired so - we get to do what we want, so that works....

He's retired, and he doesn't cook, help out with the household chores, do laundry or yard work? What in the hell does he do all day?

Maybe he naps?

Probably the same thing I do.
Whatever he wants...although I do cook.

You are Chef material darling :smoke:

And what is that? You should help your wife if she is working and you aren't.

While it was more of a late lunch than dinner...
Put some chicken breasts and some Spur Tree jerk seasoning in a vacuum sealed bag and sous vide for about two and half hours at 145 followed with a quick pan sear.
Very tasty and incredibly moist!! Definitely going to mess around with this recipe!!

Help her do what?
I do the cooking and she rinses the dishes and puts them in the dishwasher. Other than that everything else is taken care of.

Uh-oh, HereWeGoAgain, earlier Chris said she was in fighting mood....she might have chosen YOU :eek-52:

You might need this:

635542210428685470.jpeg

8388.jpg

Uh-oh....okay EVERYONE BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES AND HEAD FOR THE BUNKERS :eek-52:

Chris is itching to have a fight about....something or anything :eek-52:

:meow::meow::meow::meow::meow::meow::meow::meow::meow::meow:

:Boom2::Boom2::Boom2::Boom2::Boom2:

Help her do what?
I do the cooking and she rinses the dishes and puts them in the dishwasher. Other than that everything else is taken care of.

Who cleans, who does the laundry, who takes care of the kids? Women are not slaves.

Uh-oh....okay EVERYONE BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES AND HEAD FOR THE BUNKERS :eek-52:

Okay, but let's not get carried away. :D

Okay, but let's not get carried away. :D

:lol: Okay....:scared1:

Forum List

Back