What did you have for dinner?

Definitely charcoal. I would not buy a gas grill. I don't see the point in that.
No messy briquettes, instant heat, less carcinogenic. That kind of stuff.

IMO - nothing beats the "infra red" gas grills. Love mine...the best thing is consistent temperature. I can grill perfect bone-in chicken breast...just go ahead and try that with charcoal.
Never heard of those, sounds good. I'm not a griller though, the back of the house isn't suitable for sitting around and the front, well, too many passerbyers might swing in to "ask for directions".

I was actually on a "salad only" kick for quite some time.
I may have to go back to that ... ;)

I like salad...there is so many things you can do to make it different.
I like to cut chicken tenders into thin strips, spice them up with paprika/red pepper flakes/ginger and then make honey mustard dressing...shave some cheddar cheese....

I need to make my own dressing - should be easy because I only like vinegarettes anyway.....
I haven't done one in years. Bought a bottle and tossed it. Extra virgin olive oil is usually it for me, a little balsamic vinegar if i want to spice it up.

I like to cut chicken tenders into thin strips, spice them up with paprika/red pepper flakes/ginger and then make honey mustard dressing...shave some cheddar cheese....

I need to make my own dressing - should be easy because I only like vinegarettes anyway.....

All you need is a bowl and a whisk...super simple. Just need to buy a few varieties of vinegars...red wine vinegar, balsamic etc. And very important - decent virgin olive oil.

I always have a bottle of extra virgin around

All you need is a bowl and a whisk...super simple. Just need to buy a few varieties of vinegars...red wine vinegar, balsamic etc. And very important - decent virgin olive oil.

Extra virgin olive oil, also you have to be careful, there's a huge market of extra virgin olive oil mixed with cheaper oils sold as actual extra virgin olive oil. A way you can determine this, is by putting it in the fridge, although even this isn't 100% conclusive.

Extra virgin olive oil is comprised of mainly monounsaturated fat that gets more solid when cold. If you put a real extra virgin olive oil in the fridge, it ought to become thick and cloudy as it cools completely.

However, if the oil you put in the fridge fails to thicken at all, then you know it's probably mixed with cheaper oils.

Bertolli brands are not to be trusted, they already have been derided for their involvement in selling extra virgin olive oil mixed with canola oil.

Definitely charcoal. I would not buy a gas grill. I don't see the point in that.

IMO - nothing beats the "infra red" gas grills. Love mine...the best thing is consistent temperature. I can grill perfect bone-in chicken breast...just go ahead and try that with charcoal.
Never heard of those, sounds good. I'm not a griller though, the back of the house isn't suitable for sitting around and the front, well, too many passerbyers might swing in to "ask for directions".

Our back yard is perfect for parties and cooking (we need to get a covering however for the upper or lower deck because everything is deck in our back yard).
We WISH our front yard was bigger (it's very small with trees, mulch and white stone) - and sloped so.. we like to have people visit and stop by but, we are not on a major road either.

Our side yard is also very nice, but surrounded by bushes. The previous owners loved their privacy. They must have had a lot of wild parties...

Extra virgin olive oil, also you have to be careful, there's a huge market of extra virgin olive oil mixed with cheaper oils sold as actual extra virgin olive oil. A way you can determine this, is by putting it in the fridge, although even this isn't 100% conclusive.

Extra virgin olive oil is comprised of mainly monounsaturated fat that gets more solid when cold. If you put a real extra virgin olive oil in the fridge, it ought to become thick and cloudy as it cools completely.

However, if the oil you put in the fridge fails to thicken at all, then you know it's probably mixed with cheaper oils.

Bertolli brands are not to be trusted, they already have been derided for their involvement in selling extra virgin olive oil mixed with canola oil.
I learned that by accident by putting it in the fridge and pulling lard out later on. The other thing is the flash point. Extra Virgin olive oil isn't suitable for cooking because it will burn. I always keep the regular or "lite" stuff around too for that.

Our back yard is perfect for parties and cooking (we need to get a covering however for the upper or lower deck because everything is deck in our back yard).
We WISH our front yard was bigger (it's very small with trees, mulch and white stone) - and sloped so.. we like to have people visit and stop by but, we are not on a major road either.

Our side yard is also very nice, but surrounded by bushes. The previous owners loved their privacy. They must have had a lot of wild parties...
You need a three acre front yard and a 40 acre back yard like I do, then no one shows up..

You need a three acre front yard and a 40 acre back yard like I do, then no one shows up..

That would work if I lived alone.
And had a riding mower......
Actually, that would be my preference, but have a spouse with high social needs etc.

Actually, that would be my preference, but have a spouse with high social needs etc.
I don't mow..I stopped that when I left suburbia...15 years ago.I enjoy the wild flowers...

Thighs are too juicy and sweet. I do like them grilled though.

I need to learn to grill
I was looking at some George Foreman's on Amazon.
We also have an unopened small portable grill in the basement...

Those George Foreman grills are pretty cheesy but they actually work great for fast chicken breasts.
When I get a craving for jerk chicken and I don't feel like spending hours doing it the right way I slather on some Spur Tree jerk seasoning and throw in the Foreman for around eight minutes.
Not as good as smoking em but it'll do in a pinch.
Yes, they are fast. That's why fast food joints like McDonalds use clam-shell cookers.

No, I want the best tasting grilled food possible. I think I'm on the right track...

Fire Magic..
I love the hell out of mine.
This ones like my set up but the side burner is mounted stand alone in the counter top.
Echelon-Diamond-300x218.jpg

You wont miss charcoal.

I only use charcoal

I hate gas grills

I need to learn to grill

Those George Foreman grills are pretty cheesy but they actually work great for fast chicken breasts.
When I get a craving for jerk chicken and I don't feel like spending hours doing it the right way I slather on some Spur Tree jerk seasoning and throw in the Foreman for around eight minutes.
Yes, they are fast. That's why fast food joints like McDonalds use clam-shell cookers.

No, I want the best tasting grilled food possible. I think I'm on the right track...

Fire Magic..
This ones like my set up but the side burner is mounted stand alone in the counter top.

You wont miss charcoal.

I only use charcoal

I hate gas grills

that's what I'm thinking
going to start with that and see how it goes....

I learned that by accident by putting it in the fridge and pulling lard out later on. The other thing is the flash point. Extra Virgin olive oil isn't suitable for cooking because it will burn. I always keep the regular or "lite" stuff around too for that.

Yes Extra virgin olive oil is actually flammable. Rapeseed oil, canola oil etc are best for cooking.

Fire Magic..

You wont miss charcoal.

I only use charcoal

I hate gas grills

that's what I'm thinking
going to start with that and see how it goes....

Buy the real hardwood lump charcoal and a chimney starter it's a sin to use lighter fluid

Yes Extra virgin olive oil is actually flammable. Rapeseed oil, canola oil etc are best for cooking.

peanut oil has a very high smoke point too

I need to learn to grill

Fire Magic..

You wont miss charcoal.

I only use charcoal

I hate gas grills

I like charcoal,I dont like the hassle.
I use the outdoor kitchen as much or more than the indoor one.
I know I wouldnt do that with charcoal,it's just to much trouble.

Fire Magic..

You wont miss charcoal.

I only use charcoal

I hate gas grills

I grill 4 or 5 nights a week

Sitting outside waiting for the charcoal to heat is a perfect time for a bourbon

Fire Magic..

You wont miss charcoal.

I only use charcoal

I hate gas grills

I grill 4 or 5 nights a week

Sitting outside waiting for the charcoal to heat is a perfect time for a bourbon

About the only time I use charcoal is in the smoker when I want to go light with the smoke.
And definitely go with the real lump charcoal.

I always have a bottle of extra virgin around

"I always have a bottle of extra virgin around"

You do? Being a mere innocent girl, I can't possibly give an appropriate answer to this :eusa_whistle:

Hubby has offered to get a cleaning lady (we are not wealthy or anything) cause I suck at that stuff.. but I keep telling him I'll do better - the place is clean but he's like the white glove tester. Gets annoying - I mean I DO work!

Hiring a cleaning lady is the bomb. It is awesome, and not all that expensive. Find the right one and it is worth every penny.

Yes, also hiring a gardener is also the bomb.

It's Jersey but more north Jersey. Brooklyn is similar. Car is cah. Like "Where did ya pock ya cah?"

It is Brooklyn actually. That's where he grew up.
I'm from Joisey, actually. Well, actually just since the 10th grade. So it's New Freakin Joisey to be correct.

You can look it up -- he was born and raised in Brooklyn.

But here's a Jersey song consolation prize:
I can look up what, you retarded shithole? I was talking to Lucy about the Brooklyn and Jersey accents and you couldn't follow the conversation.

Go suck a turd for lunch.

Once again in slomo for the Special kids:

Lucy-- 'Bernie Sanders has that accent, is that Brooklyn?'
You -- 'It's Jersey but more north Jersey. Brooklyn is similar. Car is cah. Like "Where did ya pock ya cah?"'

Well --- no. It isn't. It's Brooklyn.
Read your own posts.

Tonight for dinner Mr. Lucy is making a venison and red wine casserole.

Forum List

Back