🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Do Centrists Stand For?

There is a problem with your assumptions. If you analyze the two parties you’ll find both are right wing parties. There is no leftism in the D Party. There is no compromise by either party, since they agree on most big issues.
Thread.

You're not getting it. There is not a set, rote list of responses like the wingers have. "I'm this!", "I'm that!"

If you want to know where someone in between the two ends stands on an issue, you'll have to ask them independently and specifically. And just because a centrist has one belief, for example abortion, that doesn't mean that the rest of their beliefs conveniently and obediently fall into place, left or right.

A centrist sees how ugly the two ends of the spectrum can be. No thanks.
There is no spectrum in US politics as far those who hold power are concerned.

There are two right wing criminal gangs.

Thus there can be no center practically speaking.

As far as people's personal values, it can be complicated, as you say.

But irrelevant to the political process.

We're always hearing the Democrats are too far left and Republicans are too far right. We're told we need a third party that is centrist. To me centrists are people who don't believe in anything except compromise. So here's your chance to change my mind. What do centrists really stand for?
I know on USMB I'm a lefty but actually I'm a centrist.

I value corporations and defend CEO's making more than everyone else but god damn. They went from making 300x what we make to 2000 x what we make. Come on. Has to be a middle ground here.

Global warming. I know we can't go green overnight but why shouldn't every home in 20 years have solar panels and what's wrong with using windmills?

I don't want to overtax rich people and corporations. I just want them to pay their fair share. They paid their fair share before Reagan. But I'll forgive the Reagan tax cuts. Roll back the Bush tax cuts. And if you want to forgive them too, then roll back the Trump tax breaks. Trump's tax bill doubled the number of companies who pay no federal taxes. Is that right? Does that make me a lefty if I want them to pay their fair share?

Common sense gun legislation that will lower murders. I don't want to ban guns but I do see/hear some common sense gun laws that I would pass if I were a politician. Are you a lefty if you are open to any gun legislation?

I also see both sides on the BLM issue. Cops need to be reformed but I also recognize cops who work in high crime areas are basically working in a war zone.

I don't like unions abusing their power but I am pro union. I see the value of unions.

You sound like a Libertarian, which makes you far left.

I knew a guy who was a head of the MI Libertarian party. His answer for everything was less regulations.

So if a Democrat would regulate to solve a problem, Libertarians would say do the opposite.

I know on USMB I'm a lefty but actually I'm a centrist.

I value corporations and defend CEO's making more than everyone else but god damn. They went from making 300x what we make to 2000 x what we make. Come on. Has to be a middle ground here.

Global warming. I know we can't go green overnight but why shouldn't every home in 20 years have solar panels and what's wrong with using windmills?

I don't want to overtax rich people and corporations. I just want them to pay their fair share. They paid their fair share before Reagan. But I'll forgive the Reagan tax cuts. Roll back the Bush tax cuts. And if you want to forgive them too, then roll back the Trump tax breaks. Trump's tax bill doubled the number of companies who pay no federal taxes. Is that right? Does that make me a lefty if I want them to pay their fair share?

Common sense gun legislation that will lower murders. I don't want to ban guns but I do see/hear some common sense gun laws that I would pass if I were a politician. Are you a lefty if you are open to any gun legislation?

I also see both sides on the BLM issue. Cops need to be reformed but I also recognize cops who work in high crime areas are basically working in a war zone.

I don't like unions abusing their power but I am pro union. I see the value of unions.
And yet you support baby killing and perverts, including kiddie diddlers, getting special rights. That makes you a far Left whackjob.

We're always hearing the Democrats are too far left and Republicans are too far right. We're told we need a third party that is centrist. To me centrists are people who don't believe in anything except compromise. So here's your chance to change my mind. What do centrists really stand for?
They stand for compromise

I liked the idea of a non-politician running, but I didn't think he was the right messenger. I voted for him anyway.
I held at the time this fact, a vote for Perot (smart, educated, and 100 percent correct) would hand us Bill Clinton. When others want 3rd party, it does not stop the 2 party system. I am not unhappy with the 2 party system at all. Here is why. Americans in large are not well informed on candidates. I said earlier, the press runs this system. Watch them ask questions of McCarthy and you will note they control what he talks about. Kevin tried to get them on topic but they refused. Voting mainly is not studied by your daily American. Sure, we think we study them. But honestly, what do we study? Be honest. Take me, I do my best to study them. However getting good information is hard. And sifting through he said or she said from others said leaves one puzzled. Better, read these forums. The way Americans think is all over the spectrum.

Compromise is the only way things get done in life
That depends on what is happening and who it is happening to. Take Biden, we see no compromise over the Biden crimes. And why is he owed compromise over his crimes? Trump has always been run down by Democrats. And no letup at all.

Oklahoma executed a killer today. Was they supposed to compromise with him?

Using common sense,
Not getting caught up in party(either) politics.
Educating them self,
not taking anything for granite
. Looking for the best people not the best party member.

Not really, destroying the enemy guarantees victorious outcome. And the DemocRAT party needs to be destroyed.
Partisans demand everything they want and nothing you want
Nothing gets done

Compromise is I will give you some of what you want if I get some of what I want
Only way things get done

That depends on what is happening and who it is happening to. Take Biden, we see no compromise over the Biden crimes. And why is he owed compromise over his crimes? Trump has always been run down by Democrats. And no letup at all.

Oklahoma executed a killer today. Was they supposed to compromise with him?
Name a crime

Forum List

Back