What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

Best comeback I ever heard was when someone asked someone I knew if they would feel stupid if they died and nothing was there and she responded with not half as stupid as they would if there is something there.
As the saying goes... "I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find out there's not, than to live my life as though there wasn't a God and die and find out there is."

Is that an admission that most people view religion as a hedge bet?

Probably. But you have to ask yourself, is it worth being wrong for?

Post above I told each and everyone here - I have done terrible things in my life. I have also done some good things. When I die (which will probably be sooner, rather than later) I have made peace with my God and have been saved through the blood. If Jesus Christ can forgive ME - he can forgive anyone.

If that's a hedge bet - then so be it. I'm playing with House money now.

Last edited:
Best comeback I ever heard was when someone asked someone I knew if they would feel stupid if they died and nothing was there and she responded with not half as stupid as they would if there is something there.
As the saying goes... "I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find out there's not, than to live my life as though there wasn't a God and die and find out there is."

Then again, you could die and find out that the radical Muslims were right about everything.

lol
Their chances are just as good if not better. Their God is newer than the Christian's three.

Post above I told each and everyone here - I have done terrible things in my life. I have also done some good things. When I die (which will probably be sooner, rather than later) I have made piece with my God and have been saved through the blood. If Jesus Christ can forgive ME - he can forgive anyone.

Boy is your version of god cheap and easy...

Homosexual sex is a sin with the penalty of stoning to death. It is one of the most severe in the Bible. There's no getting around that one.
Yep. Ranks right up there with eating a pork chop or wearing blended fabrics.

Another clown quoting Mosaic and Ceremonial law which were directed towards the Jews, not Gentiles
The stoning to death thing was also directed towards the Jews, not Gentiles.
Wrong. Even non Jews who commit homosexual sodomy get the death penalty.

Does anyone have any proof of any supernatural God ever doing anything? Anything?

Okay...I'll play along.....Do you have any proof whatsoever that God DIDN'T do anything? You ever find it a little odd that we are told that our universe was created from chaos - yet everything is perfectly aligned and operates in a particular manner? The planets are aligned, the solar system has basically remained unchanged for ions.

I thought that the scientists told us that nothing could come from chaos, bit chaos?

You ever seen a newborn baby smile? Some will tell you it is gas - I tell you it is godly. Ever seen a flower bloom in the Spring? Where did that flower come from? Ever seen the sun rise over the mountains on a crystal clear day?

Ever watch your buddy 2 feet from you get his head blown off from an RPG and you survive without a scratch? I have - it was me.

You believe as you wish. It's YOUR choice.

I already tried this tack, he just got angry ;)

Please quote where I got angry.
Does anyone have any proof of any supernatural God ever doing anything? Anything?

Okay...I'll play along.....Do you have any proof whatsoever that God DIDN'T do anything? You ever find it a little odd that we are told that our universe was created from chaos - yet everything is perfectly aligned and operates in a particular manner? The planets are aligned, the solar system has basically remained unchanged for ions.

I thought that the scientists told us that nothing could come from chaos, bit chaos?

You ever seen a newborn baby smile? Some will tell you it is gas - I tell you it is godly. Ever seen a flower bloom in the Spring? Where did that flower come from? Ever seen the sun rise over the mountains on a crystal clear day?

Ever watch your buddy 2 feet from you get his head blown off from an RPG and you survive without a scratch? I have - it was me.

You believe as you wish. It's YOUR choice.

I already tried this tack, he just got angry ;)

Please quote where I got angry.

You would of course agree that this was less than cordial ;)

"What is silly is spewing crazy shit that you have no proof of while trying to pass it off as fact. Are you equating religion to quantum theory?"

Now, how is anything believers say more crazy than saying: " However, I generally consider Wakan Tanka to be the collective energy of all my Native American ancestors."

Being blunt doesn't equal being angry, dumbass.

LOL, there you go, angry again.

Are you always like this with people who can show you the folly of your thought processes?

Post above I told each and everyone here - I have done terrible things in my life. I have also done some good things. When I die (which will probably be sooner, rather than later) I have made piece with my God and have been saved through the blood. If Jesus Christ can forgive ME - he can forgive anyone.

Yeah but if God is all knowing, he'll know whether or not your belief was sincere,

or just a cynical purchase of what you consider an insurance policy.

Personally I know I'm doomed if sincere genuine belief is the ticket.

Good for you. So, just do it quietly and don't try to influence how others live.
You should follow your own advice, dick head, and not start threads about shit you don't believe in anyway, and then piss and moan about it like a little bitch.

Homosexual sex is a sin with the penalty of stoning to death. It is one of the most severe in the Bible. There's no getting around that one.

Another clown quoting Mosaic and Ceremonial law which were directed towards the Jews, not Gentiles

Gee if only the GOP would add stoning the gays to death to their platform.

Yeah but if God is all knowing, he'll know whether or not your belief was sincere,

You've no idea how true this is.

The possible exception being the Romans. They didn't take kindly to having rocks thrown in their direction. I would love to go back to Israel, though. Haven't been there since the 80s. Loved Petra, Plains of Meggido and especially Masada. The Plains were special. Standing where the final battle will be fought was something of a magical experience.

Ya think!?!?!

Ya think!?!?!

He has NO idea of the truth that that post contained, he was just being a smartass. ;)

Ya think!?!?!

He has NO idea of the truth that that post contained, he was just being a smartass. ;)

Understood. The beauty of Christ? It's the individual's choice. No one makes you do anything. Accept it or don't. It's a gift. You can take it, and pass it on, or you can "hide it under a bush".

Ya think!?!?!

Do you think the Apostle Thomas went to hell for having not believed until, according to the Gospels, Jesus gave him proof of his resurrection?

Ya think!?!?!

Do you think the Apostle Thomas went to hell for having not believed until, according to the Gospels, Jesus gave him proof of his resurrection?

Don't know. Wasn't there. Point being, the Apostles were the "chosen". It was their job to establish the Church. 2,000 years later, it is going strong. Not bad for a bunch of "rabble", don't you think? Almost like there was some sort of "Divine intervention".......

June is Gay Pride Month. It is a time for parades and for festivals, for rainbow flags and for dance tents. It is a time to recognize the amazing progress that has been made on LGBT equality as we recommit ourselves to continuing the struggle until liberty and justice for all really means "all." Everywhere.

And this year it is not only about gearing up for Pride; it is about counting down to "Decision Day." It is about awaiting the Supreme Court rulings on the Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee marriage cases -- rulings due any day - that could finally make marriage equality a reality in all fifty states.

So here's the 2015 version of my Top Ten FAQs about God, Jesus, the Bible and LGBT People -- offered in hope that together we truly can be the change we want to see in the world and offered in rebuttal to the rabid rhetoric of the anti-gay religious right that infuses our public discourse and infects our political process. Those who use God, Jesus and the Bible as weapons of mass discrimination do not speak for me. And they do not speak for my church.

1. Is being gay a sin?
No. Sins are acts that separate us from God and keep us from loving our neighbors as ourselves. Being gay is not a sin. Bullying is a sin. Being hateful to other people is a sin. Putting yourself in the place of God to judge others is a sin. Being gay is not.

Much More (2 thru 10): God, Jesus and the Bible: FAQs for Gay Pride Month - Rev. Susan Russell

Why do homophobes waste so much time, energy and hate being afraid of LGBT folks and trying to legislate them into the shadows? Fear and superstition, I suppose. I don't get it.

What exactly do you think is going to happen here? Do you think you're going to tell Christians that what they've believed for centuries is wrong, unveil your personal "I'm so much more fucking clever than EVERYONE" view of what they SHOULD believe, and they're just going to go, "Oh, gosh, no one's EVER said that before. What were we thinking? All hail Pope Lakhota for showing us the error of our ways"?

Why don't you just accept that Christianity teaches what it teaches, you don't agree, and NO ONE FRIGGING CARES IF YOU DO OR NOT?

It's like you self-important hypocrites always say about abortion: if you don't like it, don't do it. But don't try to impose your beliefs on others.

June is Gay Pride Month. It is a time for parades and for festivals, for rainbow flags and for dance tents. It is a time to recognize the amazing progress that has been made on LGBT equality as we recommit ourselves to continuing the struggle until liberty and justice for all really means "all." Everywhere.

And this year it is not only about gearing up for Pride; it is about counting down to "Decision Day." It is about awaiting the Supreme Court rulings on the Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee marriage cases -- rulings due any day - that could finally make marriage equality a reality in all fifty states.

So here's the 2015 version of my Top Ten FAQs about God, Jesus, the Bible and LGBT People -- offered in hope that together we truly can be the change we want to see in the world and offered in rebuttal to the rabid rhetoric of the anti-gay religious right that infuses our public discourse and infects our political process. Those who use God, Jesus and the Bible as weapons of mass discrimination do not speak for me. And they do not speak for my church.

1. Is being gay a sin?
No. Sins are acts that separate us from God and keep us from loving our neighbors as ourselves. Being gay is not a sin. Bullying is a sin. Being hateful to other people is a sin. Putting yourself in the place of God to judge others is a sin. Being gay is not.

Much More (2 thru 10): God, Jesus and the Bible: FAQs for Gay Pride Month - Rev. Susan Russell

Why do homophobes waste so much time, energy and hate being afraid of LGBT folks and trying to legislate them into the shadows? Fear and superstition, I suppose. I don't get it.

What exactly do you think is going to happen here? Do you think you're going to tell Christians that what they've believed for centuries is wrong, unveil your personal "I'm so much more fucking clever than EVERYONE" view of what they SHOULD believe, and they're just going to go, "Oh, gosh, no one's EVER said that before. What were we thinking? All hail Pope Lakhota for showing us the error of our ways"?

Why don't you just accept that Christianity teaches what it teaches, you don't agree, and NO ONE FRIGGING CARES IF YOU DO OR NOT?

It's like you self-important hypocrites always say about abortion: if you don't like it, don't do it. But don't try to impose your beliefs on others.

^^^ BOOM!

Forum List

Back