What Does The Bible REALLY Say About Queer People?

Christianity is not the only religion around. Nor is anti-gay Christianity.

If you want anti-gay Christian theocracy,

buy an island somewhere.

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.

Bravo! I always like how the left tries to explain "Endowed by our Creator". Tickles the hell out of me.

What the hell does the Declaration of Independence have to do with how we are governed? The DoI is a founding document - but not a governing one. BTW, who is the Creator? Each religion would interpret that differently. Mom and Dad were my Creators.

Who is the "Great Spirit"?

Who knows? However, I generally consider Wakan Tanka to be the collective energy of all my Native American ancestors. I'm an Atheist, by the way.

Bet the "Spirit Gods" have a case of the ass at you......

I doubt it. I was raised to evolve.

All laws are man-made, even the biblical ones, Until God shows up personally to clarify his position we are left with our interpretations. The commandment of love thy neighbor translates directly to the equal protection clause, which says that rights cannot be denied to entire groups of people. Part of loving your neighbor involves not treating them like second-class citizens.

You have God's laws confused with man's. And He DID show up to clarify. We called Him Emanuel when He made His appearance. And no where does the Bible tell us that loving our neighbor means condoning any abhorrent behavior our neighbor chooses to indulge in. If fact God said avoid those neighbors lest you be caught up in their sinful behavior. There's your protection.
And just for the sake of argument, if all laws are man made, then no one is under any obligation to love any one. Unless of course you are conceding that that one law you cherry picked came from a higher authority. Pick a lane dude.

Bravo! I always like how the left tries to explain "Endowed by our Creator". Tickles the hell out of me.

What the hell does the Declaration of Independence have to do with how we are governed? The DoI is a founding document - but not a governing one. BTW, who is the Creator? Each religion would interpret that differently. Mom and Dad were my Creators.

Who knows? However, I generally consider Wakan Tanka to be the collective energy of all my Native American ancestors. I'm an Atheist, by the way.

Fair enough , very New Age of you.

Your belief is no less silly than how you think Christians are silly.

Do you think it's silly not to believe superstitious supernatural nonsense? If so, I'm very silly...

Hold on, let me show you:

Levitcus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Today, many homosexuals claim that Jesus never spoke about Gays. That is partially true. He didn't necessarily have to, as it was against Jewish Law. However, He DID state this in Matthew 19:

19 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed themthere.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

I dunno....seems fairly straightforward to me.....

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer:
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

What does the Bible say about homosexuality Is homosexuality a sin

Sex within a marriage is not a Christian sin.

Conveniently, the bigots, by denying gays the RIGHT to marry, deny gays the relationship that is NOT a sin.

Quite a neat trick.
They can marry. It's perfectly okay for a man to marry a woman.

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer:
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

What does the Bible say about homosexuality Is homosexuality a sin

Sex within a marriage is not a Christian sin.

Conveniently, the bigots, by denying gays the RIGHT to marry, deny gays the relationship that is NOT a sin.

Quite a neat trick.
You calling God a bigot?

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Today, many homosexuals claim that Jesus never spoke about Gays. That is partially true. He didn't necessarily have to, as it was against Jewish Law. However, He DID state this in Matthew 19:

19 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed themthere.

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

That contradicts what G-D said whom set laws regarding divorce in the Torah.

That contradicts what G-D said whom set laws regarding divorce in the Torah.

Actually no. Jesus brought forth the "new" law.

Do you think it's silly not to believe superstitious supernatural nonsense? If so, I'm very silly...

What is silly is sitting in judgment of things you have no knowledge or understanding of.

The subject matters not, could be religion could be Quantum Physics.

Well you started out with eating pork was sin and went down hill from there, cut your losses and run along. You came, you saw and I kicked your ass :)
My original point still stands, you are using the bible to justify your hatred when other parts of the bible command us to love the sinner. How do you reconcile this since you are using the exact same rationale as those Westborough jerks to say that gays do not deserve the same rights you have and that it is OK to treat them like scum in defiance of Jesus' greatest commandment?
Love the sinner, hate the sin is how it goes. Like I said before, my neighbor had a lesbian couple living next to him. We invited them over to drink beer in the back yard. Had great times, but they knew I didn't agree with their lifestyle, but I never treated them badly.
You didn't treat them badly but you would still deny them a right you have. That's treating all of them badly.
I was all for civil unions dipshit. They would've had all the rights that a married couple have. Now that marriage has been redefined, it means absolutely nothing. Soon you will call me a hater because I don't think someone should marry their dog.
Strawman fail, animals are not entitled to civil rights and equal protection.

What has been done to the Christian is the distortion above.
Because we do not accept the sin, we have been accused of hating the sinner. You are wrong, and if that IS the case then the one hating the sinner is also wrong. Why would you hate ANYONE that Christ hung on a cross and bled out for?
What has happened is the politically correct have insisted that Christians forgo their beliefs and accept the practice of homosexuality, or be accused of hating the ones practicing it.
I have loved Bruce Jenner since I first saw that incredible athlete push himself to extraordinary human levels. I still love him. And regardless of choosing a lifestyle that I neither condone nor accept, I hope no one hurts him or tries to pierce his heart.
If that is what you are defining now as hate, then I am guilty. Kill me.

What is silly is sitting in judgment of things you have no knowledge or understanding of.

The subject matters not, could be religion could be Quantum Physics.

What is silly is spewing crazy shit that you have no proof of while trying to pass it off as fact. Are you equating religion to quantum theory?

Does anyone have any proof of any supernatural God ever doing anything? Anything?

Okay...I'll play along.....Do you have any proof whatsoever that God DIDN'T do anything? You ever find it a little odd that we are told that our universe was created from chaos - yet everything is perfectly aligned and operates in a particular manner? The planets are aligned, the solar system has basically remained unchanged for ions.

I thought that the scientists told us that nothing could come from chaos, bit chaos?

You ever seen a newborn baby smile? Some will tell you it is gas - I tell you it is godly. Ever seen a flower bloom in the Spring? Where did that flower come from? Ever seen the sun rise over the mountains on a crystal clear day?

Ever watch your buddy 2 feet from you get his head blown off from an RPG and you survive without a scratch? I have - it was me.

You believe as you wish. It's YOUR choice.

Does anyone have any proof of any supernatural God ever doing anything? Anything?
Well if you don't believe there is a God, then why are you so all fired worried about what he say's about homos and faggot marriage?

"He" says? No, some ancient book of fairy tales says it. We should evolve to Mother Goose at least.

You're just seeking attention at this point

Forum List

Back