What exactly do republicans have to offer blacks?

I don't want anything for anyone just level playing field. The Progressive can kiss my butt. They have don't nothing for anyone but themselves.

Everyone wants a "level playing field". But what does that mean? To me, it means that everyone plays by the same rules. To others it means that the referee makes sure all players have the same chance to win - employing a system of handicaps to help some and impair others.
All of that is correct. I would summarize it by saying a level playing gives everyone the same resources and rules and then lets them get at it. It would be kind of stupid to give a couple of players a tennis racket and the others had to use their hands wouldnt it?

It would if the point of government was to provide balanced competition for the purpose of entertainment. But that's not the point of government.
Life is not entertainment. I was using tennis as a metaphor. How did you miss that?

Here is a great example of why black people don't vote Republican. In Michigan, us liberals want to take all the property taxes from all the people in the state and pool that money all together then spread it out evenly so every kid in every public school gets the same amount. That would be leveling the playing field. But Republicans don't like that. They want their rich white kids (and a few rich black kids) to get more money and a better education.

They have no problem with a poor kid who goes to their school getting the same education their kids get, even though their parents don't pay the same amount in property taxes. Why is that? Why not give Johnny more money than Billy when Johnny's dad pays more in property taxes? So we know Republicans get it that every kid should be treated equally. At least every kid in their school district. But when it comes to poor kids in poor neighborhoods, they should get what their poor parents can afford.

So your tennis analogy is good.
Republicans want to compete against black people with this kind of racket

But they want you to use this

I don't want anything for anyone just level playing field. The Progressive can kiss my butt. They have don't nothing for anyone but themselves.

Everyone wants a "level playing field". But what does that mean? To me, it means that everyone plays by the same rules. To others it means that the referee makes sure all players have the same chance to win - employing a system of handicaps to help some and impair others.
All of that is correct. I would summarize it by saying a level playing gives everyone the same resources and rules and then lets them get at it. It would be kind of stupid to give a couple of players a tennis racket and the others had to use their hands wouldnt it?

It would if the point of government was to provide balanced competition for the purpose of entertainment. But that's not the point of government.
Life is not entertainment. I was using tennis as a metaphor. How did you miss that?
Yes. I was pointing out how the metaphor doesn't apply. Because life is not entertainment. Which is what you missed I guess.
The metaphor does apply. Claiming that it doesnt wont change the fact that it does. Its pretty simple. Same resources, Same rules equals level playing field.

Yes. I was pointing out how the metaphor doesn't apply. Because life is not entertainment. Which is what you missed I guess.
The metaphor does apply. Claiming that it doesnt wont change the fact that it does. Its pretty simple. Same resources, Same rules equals level playing field.

What about this though? Ok so we give your kid and my kid the same education. Now it's time to send our kids off to college. I can afford to send my kid to University of Michigan and you can't. What do you suggest be done?

So if I can afford a better tennis racket than you can, I'm sorry that I show up to the tennis match with my good racket and you are using that old piece of crap.

What about this though? Ok so we give your kid and my kid the same education. Now it's time to send our kids off to college. I can afford to send my kid to University of Michigan and you can't. What do you suggest be done?

So if I can afford a better tennis racket than you can, I'm sorry that I show up to the tennis match with my good racket and you are using that old piece of crap.
You missed the same resource part. If I have the same resources I can afford to send my kid to the same college as your kid.

On a truly level playing field I have the same racket you do. Now you may have more training time but we cant do much about that.

But not the same goals. You seemed to agree on that. Why the backpedaling?

But not the same goals. You seemed to agree on that. Why the backpedaling?
Yes the same goals. The goal is and always has been to be the best at what you are doing. Where did I back pedal?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

You missed the same resource part. If I have the same resources I can afford to send my kid to the same college as your kid.

On a truly level playing field I have the same racket you do. Now you may have more training time but we cant do much about that.

You're never going to have the same resources my brother has. He sends both kids to private school. He makes $1 million a year. Pays $20K plus per kid per year. And even if he sent them to public school he may be able to afford tutors when you can't.

Our kids may never get accepted into Harvard but my nephews have a good chance of going because they go to one of the best private schools in the country. That's what a Harvard type school is looking for. Do you think this is unfair?

My brother says he shouldn't feel bad that he is able to afford to give his kids the things he and I and you couldn't afford when we were growing up. Do you think he should feel guilty?

You're never going to have the same resources my brother has. He sends both kids to private school. He makes $1 million a year. Pays $20K plus per kid per year. And even if he sent them to public school he may be able to afford tutors when you can't.

Our kids may never get accepted into Harvard but my nephews have a good chance of going because they go to one of the best private schools in the country. That's what a Harvard type school is looking for. Do you think this is unfair?

My brother says he shouldn't feel bad that he is able to afford to give his kids the things he and I and you couldn't afford when we were growing up. Do you think he should feel guilty?
True. Thats why we know its not a level playing field. In my example we are talking hypothetical. I dont think your brother should feel bad or guilty. However, he shouldnt claim that someone else is not working just as hard as he did but obtained less due to the racism in the past and present.

No sealybobo it's not the same. They made laws to exclude people in a nation that was made diverse when whitey came over here. The people who should be mad are the Native Americans who allowed whites to be here when they could have wiped them out from the jump. Whites have no reason to be mad about diversity because they did not decide this place would be more diverse to begin with.. And that's what people like Cor-rail can't seem to get through their thick racist heads.

We aren't proud to be black by forcing others to subject themselves to our will. But whites like Core-rail did. And so did most immigrant whites.

How do you become “white” in America?

That article reminds me of AZOGTHEDEFILER and how he's white now too. But a few decades ago he was a Jew. Totally not a white. In fact to a lot of Trump supporters he's not a white.

Remember what the KKK protesters said about Trump?

WATCH: White Supremacist Hates That Trump ‘Gave His Daughter To A Jew’

Do you think AZOG tells people when he goes to Trump rallies that he's a Jew? I doubt it. He's hiding among us whites. As long as it's not him or Jews getting picked on he doesn't care.

I have always told my white friends that my family wasn't considered white when we moved to our first all white neighborhood. We were Greeks. Slowly we were accepted in as "white".

Your assumption that Trump supporters are antisemitic is based on nothing but the lies of our enemies.

Youre a fucking idiot. :laughing0301:

The Night Trump Supporters "Found Me Out" As A Jew

tumblr_inline_ntmehxOdkK1qktv7n_500-32196b39.jpeg

Can't read the link.

But I doubt that woman is a Trump supporter, Trump who moved the US embassy to jerusalem and who's daughter married a jew.
Stop making excuses. You can read the title.

Yes this is your typical Drumpf supporter. They are too stupid to even know Drumpf has Jews in his family.

I can read it. And see that it does not make any sense.

That article reminds me of AZOGTHEDEFILER and how he's white now too. But a few decades ago he was a Jew. Totally not a white. In fact to a lot of Trump supporters he's not a white.

Remember what the KKK protesters said about Trump?

WATCH: White Supremacist Hates That Trump ‘Gave His Daughter To A Jew’

Do you think AZOG tells people when he goes to Trump rallies that he's a Jew? I doubt it. He's hiding among us whites. As long as it's not him or Jews getting picked on he doesn't care.

I have always told my white friends that my family wasn't considered white when we moved to our first all white neighborhood. We were Greeks. Slowly we were accepted in as "white".

Your assumption that Trump supporters are antisemitic is based on nothing but the lies of our enemies.

Youre a fucking idiot. :laughing0301:

The Night Trump Supporters "Found Me Out" As A Jew

tumblr_inline_ntmehxOdkK1qktv7n_500-32196b39.jpeg

Can't read the link.

But I doubt that woman is a Trump supporter, Trump who moved the US embassy to jerusalem and who's daughter married a jew.
Stop making excuses. You can read the title.

Yes this is your typical Drumpf supporter. They are too stupid to even know Drumpf has Jews in his family.
They would prefer a guy who wouldn’t give his daughter to a Jew, or a guy who wouldn’t date his own daughter but they’ll take trump.

The people you are taking about A. are insignificantly small, and B. so far out there, neither one of us is likely to have a clue which way they will bounce on anything.

...more capital punishment instead of capital encouragement under our form of capitalism.

we have a general welfare clause.

True. Thats why we know its not a level playing field. In my example we are talking hypothetical. I dont think your brother should feel bad or guilty. However, he shouldnt claim that someone else is not working just as hard as he did but obtained less due to the racism in the past and present.
My brother is all about diversity. His ceo is mad every vp is a white male. Tell that to the all white male board of directors.

My brother is all about diversity. His ceo is mad every vp is a white male. Tell that to the all white male board of directors.

There is a difference between feeling guilty as opposed to recognizing the full effect of past and continuing racism.

Not every white kid has the same racket. We had a lot of spoiled kids where I moved after I left Detroit. Their parents had a lot more than my parents. Today my brother is a vp after getting a masters at Michigan state. A lot of those spoiled kids didn’t do as well. Didn’t even go to college.

I grew up in the same home and I didn’t do that well. Why? I had all the same opportunities and an even playing field with my brother.

I’ll tell you one thing. We don’t think we would have turned out this well had we stayed in Detroit. My advice to people in poor neighborhoods is to get out.

I guess that means every family is responsible for their kids outcomes. My brother doesn’t care if his kids become plumbers or electricians as long as they are happy. Don’t worry about the disadvantages your family faces. I know that’s easy for me to say but we didn’t let the fact our friends parents made more than us hold us back from being successful.

But one day one of my nephews is going to work for a black ceo. Thank us liberals for that. If it were up to republicans the only blacks on the board are tokens who toe the party line like Herman Cain and Ben carson

Not every white kid has the same racket. We had a lot of spoiled kids where I moved after I left Detroit. Their parents had a lot more than my parents. Today my brother is a vp after getting a masters at Michigan state. A lot of those spoiled kids didn’t do as well. Didn’t even go to college.

I grew up in the same home and I didn’t do that well. Why? I had all the same opportunities and an even playing field with my brother.

I’ll tell you one thing. We don’t think we would have turned out this well had we stayed in Detroit. My advice to people in poor neighborhoods is to get out.

I guess that means every family is responsible for their kids outcomes. My brother doesn’t care if his kids become plumbers or electricians as long as they are happy. Don’t worry about the disadvantages your family faces. I know that’s easy for me to say but we didn’t let the fact our friends parents made more than us hold us back from being successful.

But one day one of my nephews is going to work for a black ceo. Thank us liberals for that. If it were up to republicans the only blacks on the board are tokens who toe the party line like Herman Cain and Ben carson

And this is the problem we blacks have with you liberals. You are no different than republicans in the fact that you think we need to be eternally grateful to you. And when you do hire a black person or person of color hey have toe the party line just like black republicans. Ask Obama.

Are we still talking about skin color holding people back while I’m working with black doctors?

I was the chairman of the diversity committee at my last job.

And this is the problem we blacks have with you liberals. You are no different than republicans in the fact that you think we need to be eternally grateful to you. And when you do hire a black person or person of color hey have toe the party line just like black republicans. Ask Obama.
Do you know what my problem with you blacks is? As soon as republicans stop being racist you guys will start voting republican. Blacks are very conservative and big time into god.

The only reason republicans continue to be racist is they believe it pays off. They get more whites to show up being the party of racist whites. If that wasn’t working out for them they would stop that tactic.

You know how most kids today aren’t nearly as racist as their grandparents were? I wonde4 if that’s true in places like Alabama? They do worship BAMA so they look up to a lot of black people. Can BAMA fans be racists?

I was the chairman of the diversity committee at my last job.
Are you in favor of it?

I am but I can see how white men will get mad when they see a black or woman get picked for the job over them. But I think that thinking is a bias in itself. We know we’ve arrived when we stop thinking that the black or woman got the job just because they are black or a woman.. That thinking proves we are bias

The reason we don’t like diversity programs is because it changes the status quo that favored us.

Forum List

Back