What has the Devil done that is really that bad?

So there are no facts and evidence in support of your worldview other than maybe some "personal experiences". You just believe it, and that's enough.

Listen, you do you--I mean that. You have every right to believe what you want as long as you're not hurting anyone. But your assertion here would have been entirely ignored, not offensive to anyone, while when Christians make assertions backed up by PLENTY of facts and evidence, it's scoffed at and mocked.

Just pointing out that difference.
There are a lot of religions who think they are the one truth and that their facts and evidence is better than yours.
I don't know the answers. I plan on dying with an open mind.

That seems silly, doesn't it? I mean let's say you get a serious fatal disease. Doctor says, here your your treatment options, you can weigh them out. And you say, meh, I'm just going to go in with an 'open mind'.

If you've actually spent the time investigating the claims of the major religions, then okay--that's your choice. But if you haven't even investigated, that's exactly what "blind faith" is.
Dude there is no evidence that Christianity is any less of a fairy tale than those other religions.
You mean other than the fact that all religions teach the same core values and behaviors?
You mean like Islam that teaches to kill non-Muslims? All religions teach that? Um... no.
I’m not a Muslim so I don’t know about that. What I do know is that you must look at the whole picture in context to understand something. You never do that. You’re on a mission.

There are a lot of religions who think they are the one truth and that their facts and evidence is better than yours.
I don't know the answers. I plan on dying with an open mind.

That seems silly, doesn't it? I mean let's say you get a serious fatal disease. Doctor says, here your your treatment options, you can weigh them out. And you say, meh, I'm just going to go in with an 'open mind'.

If you've actually spent the time investigating the claims of the major religions, then okay--that's your choice. But if you haven't even investigated, that's exactly what "blind faith" is.
Dude there is no evidence that Christianity is any less of a fairy tale than those other religions.
You mean other than the fact that all religions teach the same core values and behaviors?
You mean like Islam that teaches to kill non-Muslims? All religions teach that? Um... no.
I’m not a Muslim so I don’t know about that. What I do know is that you must look at the whole picture in context to understand something. You never do that. You’re on a mission.
So you stand corrected.

So you stand corrected.
In your mind.

In my mind all religions teach pretty much the same values and behaviors because virtue are successful behaviors. I can’t control people who try to define the rule through exception. They practice critical theory.

The problem is not God killing me with a lightning bolt but killing innocent children, puppies and kittens because he is angry at someone else
Are you telling me that you believe God is controlling everything? Wow. No wonder you don't believe in God. :lol:
God caused the flood
You don’t believe that so it would be ridiculous for you to argue that.

I’m looking at the bible as an outside independent observer would

The Devil is not responsible for many horrific acts you would expect

The problem is not God killing me with a lightning bolt but killing innocent children, puppies and kittens because he is angry at someone else
Are you telling me that you believe God is controlling everything? Wow. No wonder you don't believe in God. :lol:
God caused the flood

No. You’re not. I doubt you have ever attempted to make an objective assessment and actually argued both sides.

In my mind all religions teach pretty much the same values and behaviors because virtue are successful behaviors. I can’t control people who try to define the rule through exception. They practice critical theory.

However Christianity is radically different in its approach as to WHY you would behave with virtue.

Every other religion is man-focused, essentially. We work our way to God. It is OUR work that gets us there, or not.

Christianity is God-focused. We cannot work our way to God; only He can do that for us, and He did. We are virtuous with His help, and as an outgrowth of His work in our lives, and because we are grateful.

When I look at humanity I see a bunch of people (even Christians sometimes) trying to apply their own efforts to get to God. But I only see the Christian God as supremely Holy.

God caused the flood

No. You’re not. I doubt you have ever attempted to make an objective assessment and actually argued both sides.
Can you objectively look at God?
Or are you afraid?

Muslims sell their children into marriage. Hindus arrange theirs. Catholics don't. Jews frown on inter-religion marriage. Protestants let gays marry. And that's just one subject. So you're wrong. Again.

God caused the flood

Or are you afraid?
You aren’t looking at God. You are reading a religious text.

Afraid of what? Misinterpreting a religious text in a vacuum? That wasn’t my starting point. That’s yours.

Muslims sell their children into marriage. Hindus arrange theirs. Catholics don't. Jews frown on inter-religion marriage. Protestants let gays marry. And that's just one subject. So you're wrong. Again.
So you are saying that all religions don’t teach the value of virtue?

God caused the flood

Or are you afraid?

Afraid of what? Misinterpreting a religious text in a vacuum? That wasn’t my starting point. That’s yours.
Are you afraid of what God will do to you?

Virtue is subjective. Anyways, not many religions are virtuous.

The devil never did anything that wasn’t allowed by god.

Going by what is in the Bible, what has the Devil done that is so horrible?

God destroyed almost every living creature on earth
God killed the first born children of Egypt

What has the Devil done of that magnitude ?

he has stolen your soul and those of others that reject God.

Kind of an abstract concept.

God destroyed almost every living thing on the planet. Rejecting someone who would do such an evil thing is understandable.

Seems those who wrote the Bible got to pick their side.

Yep. He who gives life, who created and spoke life into existence, has the absolute right to take life whenever He chooses. That is not evil, in fact. To use a Biblical reference, the sculptor has the absolute right to reshape the clay whenever he likes, or destroy the clay. That is not evil. It is his right.

Atheists think death is the ultimate evil. It is not. In fact there are so many misunderstandings here it's too comprehensive for me to even address.
So you support abortion?

No. People are subjective. But they have never been diametrically opposed. You are arguing degree

Or are you afraid?

Are you afraid of what God will do to you?
I focus on the journey. Everything else takes care of itself.

No. People are subjective. But they have never been diametrically opposed. You are arguing degree
Name a religion that is completely virtuous.

Name a religion that is completely virtuous.
Are you completely virtuous?

Forum List

Back