What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you are wrong. There were no mothers in the 2014 photos I saw. Do you have a link?

Do you mean the photos currently being circulated again of huge numbers of children in crowded conditions? 2014 saw a flood of unaccompanied minors Surge in unaccompanied child immigrants spurs White House reaction

The children traveled unaccompanied by parents.

Do you have a link proving children were detained with their parents under the previous administration? I don't think they were, as it is against our law and has been long before Trump. I think you are referring to "catch and release," where everyone is just let go with a court date. That clearly didn't work, so now we are going to try enforcing our laws. There's this thing we need to fix, though. Trump doesn't like it, you don't like it, much of America doesn't like it. Congress should address this issue, as Trump is suggesting/whining/calling for, as it is their job.

U.S. is separating immigrant parents and children to discourage others, activists say

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.
Why do we have family detention centers? They should be nothing more than a bus stop where they wait for a ride back to Mexico. We take them over the border and drop them off for Mexico to deal with. It’s not our problem.
legal loop holes............law..............asylum seekers are required by law to get a hearing.

You seem to know a lot about these children. How many do you know? Personally, I mean.

I don't know any of them individually. But I know how their parents
and their shithhole countries that they come from. are gaming the system.

And what's your story, Pancho? Butt-hurt liberal or illegal alien?

If your logic is to punish the children for their parents having committed a misdemeanor by crossing the border without papers, why not go all the way, and torture them as well?
-----------------------------
Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
This is nonsense.

We are NOT punishing children. No more than a convicted felon's child is punished when we send them to prison.

Do we stop enforcing our laws because the children will be separated from their parents who are acting criminally?

The answer is a resounding, no!

As for this nonsense of "human cost", it is nothing more than a phrase designed to instill anguish in political opposition for the purpose of achieving an agenda.
Nonsense. Who suffers? The children. What crime does a 3 yr old commit that is prosecutable under the law? Explain that to the hysterical child, tell him he is NOT being punished by being ripped from the only family he knows and then try to rationalize a seriously fucked policy here that was NOT in place before.

And remind me again how your party is pro family cause I sure dont see it in this policy.
------------------------------- that'd be PRO American family Coyote .

That shows what a racist you are. You are either pro-family or you are not. There is no in-between.

You are either pro-law and order and pro-American taxpayer or you are not.

You are either humane or you are not. You are not. You offer false choices.

The fact is that it continued under Trump. However we are discussing TRUMP policy of separating children from their families. Obama had nothing to do with it.
Trump is not trying to bring in illegal alien families. In fact he's actually trying to stop them.

There is no evidence that is what Obama was trying to do. Treating people humanely is not bringing them in.
In 2014 they were overcrowded in detention centers ..........yet the left pushed these pictures against Trump..........A BLATANT LIE.............for political reasons........................

Again...........Dem officials need to get off their butts and send bills to deal with the problems already mentioned in this thread.

There parents don't give a shit now. We're just helping the children with
a basic lesson in life. The lesson being..."For every behavior...there is a
consequence."

Bad behavior calls for a bad consequence.

There is legal immigration and their is illegal immigration. There is no
bad consequence with legal immigration.

I am sure that the lesson will be learned. Next time, the kids will choose better parents....

Or maybe become better parents when they have children. It'll be one helluva long shot with them being from Central America, but at least
we would have done our part.

If they could choose better parents next time around, here's hoping they
choose Democrats. They won't be faced with this type of a problem
then. They'll have been aborted 6 months before delivery date.

Can't stay on topic? Short attention span?

I answered your question. I assumed that would be classified as
staying on topic.

The topic is abortion? Damn! There must be something wrong with my computer. Mine says it is about controlling illegal immigration!
Well if those illegals had abortions then there would be no illegal kids.

Because they kept children with their mothers while awaiting their hearing. That is new.

I believe you are wrong. There were no mothers in the 2014 photos I saw. Do you have a link?

Do you mean the photos currently being circulated again of huge numbers of children in crowded conditions? 2014 saw a flood of unaccompanied minors Surge in unaccompanied child immigrants spurs White House reaction

Do you have a link proving children were detained with their parents under the previous administration? I don't think they were, as it is against our law and has been long before Trump. I think you are referring to "catch and release," where everyone is just let go with a court date. That clearly didn't work, so now we are going to try enforcing our laws. There's this thing we need to fix, though. Trump doesn't like it, you don't like it, much of America doesn't like it. Congress should address this issue, as Trump is suggesting/whining/calling for, as it is their job.

U.S. is separating immigrant parents and children to discourage others, activists say

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.
Catch and release on the other side of the wall.
execute anyone found on this side of the wall.

And we detained the kids with the adults and something happens to them by other adults and you'll be complaining again........Face it........You want Catch and Release......

To the 75 Democrats bitching about the situation................Stop bitching and do your job...................Demand more border agents.......larger detention facilities and more courts...............

If they don't want to do their job then why should anyone listen to them.
We can and do detain families together, what we can’t do is put kids with unrelated adults.

I fully support increased funding for border enforcement and courts. There is no reason for people to languish in limbo as long as they do. What I don’t support is policies designed to be cruel, abusive and unnecessary.
aka Catch and Release we know that is exactly what you are getting at.............No room...........look at the poor kids and overcrowding......let them go........Sure they will be at court on the date prescribed...............LOL.............yeah that's tough Obama immigration policies.............

Dems purposely help cause all this ..............they want the Identity politics ...........they want the overcrowding to push their true agenda..........which sure as hell isn't increasing border security.......

They want more detention centers and border agents.......put it in a bill tomorrow and it will pass QUICK............they aren't gonna do it........and will Block any attempt to increase border security ......courts and detention centers..............

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

Um .. no ... someone having a baby in the world doesn't make them a US citizen ... fail ... and badly so ...
Umm...dude...it isn’t about having a kid in order to gain citizenship. Try again.
Then why are so many children coming here without their parents?

And we detained the kids with the adults and something happens to them by other adults and you'll be complaining again........Face it........You want Catch and Release......

To the 75 Democrats bitching about the situation................Stop bitching and do your job...................Demand more border agents.......larger detention facilities and more courts...............

If they don't want to do their job then why should anyone listen to them.
We can and do detain families together, what we can’t do is put kids with unrelated adults.

I fully support increased funding for border enforcement and courts. There is no reason for people to languish in limbo as long as they do. What I don’t support is policies designed to be cruel, abusive and unnecessary.

Many just want Catch & Release. A few years back, the complaint was that any detention was bad, even family centers.

The fight over family immigration detention centers - CNN

I think the sentiment is the same. The latest fake spin just presented another bash Trump session.

Why do we have family detention centers? They should be nothing more than a bus stop where they wait for a ride back to Mexico. We take them over the border and drop them off for Mexico to deal with. It’s not our problem.
legal loop holes............law..............asylum seekers are required by law to get a hearing.
We don’t need a hearing. They jumped the border. Ho back. Case solved.

The fact is that it continued under Trump. However we are discussing TRUMP policy of separating children from their families. Obama had nothing to do with it.
Trump is not trying to bring in illegal alien families. In fact he's actually trying to stop them.

There is no evidence that is what Obama was trying to do. Treating people humanely is not bringing them in.

Since when was Uncle Sam an expert at customer service and hospitality? The expectations here are all wrong. If it's not a simple and clear procedure -- there's NO ROOM for compassion in the heart of a bureaucrat. And no room in their brain for incentives to be creative or reasonable.

Don't EXPECT those things of the Federal Govt. It's not like Mr Hilton is running the chaos at the border.

Asylum laws are on the books................whether we like it or not............which is exactly why they have what to say instructions when coming here............forces a court date by law..................under catch and release..........they just haul ass.........don't show up for court.........and blend in to the country with the rest of the millions upon millions of illegals already here.

Terrorizing children. People like you need to be shipped off to Guantanamo for the rest of your miserable lives.

Then send the parents to Gitmo instead of us, because it's the parents that are causing their children harm--not us.

No, if we are separating them then it's us.

No, it's not. You come here illegally, everything that happens to you and your kids is your fault. You knew well ahead of time you are coming here and breaking our laws, so anything could happen at that point.

Let me ask, if a woman is drunk and driving around with her child, and she runs when the cops try to pull her over, and the child gets killed when she strikes a tree, do you blame the drunken mother or the police that tried to stop her?

We have enough irresponsible people in this country, we call them Democrats. We certainly don't need any more irresponsible people coming from other places.

There is no moral equivalence in the argument. No one is killed when someone crosses the border. Sit down and shut up.

I see that point flew over your pointy head.

That point doesn't exist except in your pointy head.

Since when was Uncle Sam an expert at customer service and hospitality? The expectations here are all wrong. If it's not a simple and clear procedure -- there's NO ROOM for compassion in the heart of a bureaucrat. And no room in their brain for incentives to be creative or reasonable.

Don't EXPECT those things of the Federal Govt. It's not like Mr Hilton is running the chaos at the border.
Damn, AAmerica sounds horrible. Don’t come here.

You seem to know a lot about these children. How many do you know? Personally, I mean.

I don't know any of them individually. But I know how their parents
and their shithhole countries that they come from. are gaming the system.

And what's your story, Pancho? Butt-hurt liberal or illegal alien?

If your logic is to punish the children for their parents having committed a misdemeanor by crossing the border without papers, why not go all the way, and torture them as well?
-----------------------------

This is nonsense.

We are NOT punishing children. No more than a convicted felon's child is punished when we send them to prison.

Do we stop enforcing our laws because the children will be separated from their parents who are acting criminally?

The answer is a resounding, no!

As for this nonsense of "human cost", it is nothing more than a phrase designed to instill anguish in political opposition for the purpose of achieving an agenda.
Nonsense. Who suffers? The children. What crime does a 3 yr old commit that is prosecutable under the law? Explain that to the hysterical child, tell him he is NOT being punished by being ripped from the only family he knows and then try to rationalize a seriously fucked policy here that was NOT in place before.

And remind me again how your party is pro family cause I sure dont see it in this policy.
------------------------------- that'd be PRO American family Coyote .

That shows what a racist you are. You are either pro-family or you are not. There is no in-between.

And you are either pro-laws or you're not.

This has nothing to do with laws. There is no law that says that children should be separated from their parents.

Many may be legitimate assylum seekers. We need more judges processing faster and to reduce fraudsters.

Asylum laws are on the books................whether we like it or not............which is exactly why they have what to say instructions when coming here............forces a court date by law..................under catch and release..........they just haul ass.........don't show up for court.........and blend in to the country with the rest of the millions upon millions of illegals already here.
Which is the true immigration reform we need. It’s not letting more law breakers in its shortening the time they get sent out.

"...those children had arrived alone at the Southwest border — without their parents. Most of them are from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, and were fleeing drug cartels, gang violence and domestic abuse, according to government data." And a lot of them are gang members themselves.

"...the department’s office of refugee resettlement began voluntarily making the calls as a 30-day follow-up to make sure that the children and their sponsors did not require additional services. Those calls, which the office does not view as required, Mr. Hargan said, are now “being used to confuse and spread misinformation.”

In many cases, the statement said, sponsors cannot be reached because “they themselves are illegal aliens and do not want to be reached by federal authorities.”
Did the Trump Administration Separate Immigrant Children From Parents and Lose Them?

The left has trafficked gang members and criminals into the US, and now that they've *disappeared* they want to blame Trump?

Fucking ludicrous.

What happens is people show up with kids that aren't theirs, or that they're using as mules, and we remove the kids for their own safety.

Of course the left doesn't like that. Children are disposable, and are supposed to be used by adults to get over the border. The left embraces trafficking, and is going to squawk when you protect children. They always have.

“As required by law, D.H.S. must protect the best interests of minor children crossing our borders, and occasionally this results in separating children from an adult they are traveling with if we cannot ascertain the parental relationship, or if we think the child is otherwise in danger,”

Hundreds of Immigrant Children Have Been Taken From Parents at U.S. Border

That is so much bullshit and trash like you know it. The Trump people are separating children from their parents. They know it is wrong because they are blaming democrats for it. This is happening more than occasionally.

Got anymore BULLSHIT.

So where were you when barry was doing the exact same thing?
Not a fuken peep out of you.

Trump is the one separating children from their parents not Obama. You are a fucken liar.

Many may be legitimate assylum seekers. We need more judges processing faster and to reduce fraudsters.
We need enough of them to do this.

glass.gif

Republicans tend to lack basic empathy for things they don’t directly witness. They don’t have the emotional maturity or complexity of thought for such a thing. As a result, they don’t bother thinking about the well being of kids. They just know brown people have crossed the border and their GOP masters tell them it’s a bad thing.

The parents are responsible for anything that happens to the kids, they put them in the situation.

We hold law enforcement to the same standards we hold everyone else. The people who are implementing this policy are responsible and should be held legally liable. Take your trash elsewhere.

Who said they're not?

When Trump is kicked out, he needs to be arrested along with his enablers of this barbaric policy. That is when accountability starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back