What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they kept children with their mothers while awaiting their hearing. That is new.

I believe you are wrong. There were no mothers in the 2014 photos I saw. Do you have a link?

Do you mean the photos currently being circulated again of huge numbers of children in crowded conditions? 2014 saw a flood of unaccompanied minors Surge in unaccompanied child immigrants spurs White House reaction

The children traveled unaccompanied by parents.

Do you have a link proving children were detained with their parents under the previous administration? I don't think they were, as it is against our law and has been long before Trump. I think you are referring to "catch and release," where everyone is just let go with a court date. That clearly didn't work, so now we are going to try enforcing our laws. There's this thing we need to fix, though. Trump doesn't like it, you don't like it, much of America doesn't like it. Congress should address this issue, as Trump is suggesting/whining/calling for, as it is their job.

U.S. is separating immigrant parents and children to discourage others, activists say

Your link was enough to ignore your link.
Activist say?
There is more to it then that but feel free to ignore it.

The true human cost to taking care of the criminals running on our border is our own kids. They lose resources that were for them in order to pay for the illegal. They get schools that can’t teach because they are dealing with non-English kids instead of math. Our neighborhood’s pay the price because these illegals are taking their parents jobs. They have to live with your human cost.

They haven't housed children with adults for a long time. This isn't something Trump implemented. He was complaining about it, in fact, and drawing attention to the fact that, due to the law, that's what happens.

Trump criticizes separating families at the border, despite his administration's support for policy that could lead to separation - CNNPolitics

It was happening under Obama, but it wasn't an issue then. It's a humanitarian crisis under Trump, though.
Because they kept children with their mothers while awaiting their hearing. That is new.

I believe you are wrong. There were no mothers in the 2014 photos I saw. Do you have a link?

Do you mean the photos currently being circulated again of huge numbers of children in crowded conditions? 2014 saw a flood of unaccompanied minors Surge in unaccompanied child immigrants spurs White House reaction

Do you have a link proving children were detained with their parents under the previous administration? I don't think they were, as it is against our law and has been long before Trump. I think you are referring to "catch and release," where everyone is just let go with a court date. That clearly didn't work, so now we are going to try enforcing our laws. There's this thing we need to fix, though. Trump doesn't like it, you don't like it, much of America doesn't like it. Congress should address this issue, as Trump is suggesting/whining/calling for, as it is their job.

U.S. is separating immigrant parents and children to discourage others, activists say
And we detained the kids with the adults and something happens to them by other adults and you'll be complaining again........Face it........You want Catch and Release......

To the 75 Democrats bitching about the situation................Stop bitching and do your job...................Demand more border agents.......larger detention facilities and more courts...............

If they don't want to do their job then why should anyone listen to them.

Activist say?

I dont take stock in either side when they admit they're activist.

What are your thoughts on the vid I posted, Coyote?

Here it is again in case you missed it.....

How does that relate to forceably removing children from their mothers while awaiting a hearing? I notice she has her children with her and she said nothing about that policy, only that she can’t blame Trump for enforcing the immigration laws that deported her husband. She says nothing about kids.

It highlights the problems democrats create when they make stupid decisions.

I know you’re an honest person who’ll eventually appreciate President Trump for addressing the problems democrats created. You and I both hate the trail of death and pain they’ve paved.
It’s why I’m glad we finally have a president willing to fix this problem.

As much as I screw with Coyote I still think she's a thinking dem.

I like coyote. I don’t know why.. I just do. :)

There is no accounting for taste :dunno:
I am not registered with any party though.

Not registered doesn’t mean you don’t vote that way.

How does that relate to forceably removing children from their mothers while awaiting a hearing? I notice she has her children with her and she said nothing about that policy, only that she can’t blame Trump for enforcing the immigration laws that deported her husband. She says nothing about kids.

I know you’re an honest person who’ll eventually appreciate President Trump for addressing the problems democrats created. You and I both hate the trail of death and pain they’ve paved.

We dealt with immigrants Obama's way for eight years, and the results were less than satisfying. Trump hasn't been in office for two years, and they are complaining left and right.

Let us do it our way for four years (possibly eight) and see the end results. Let's compare who has the best way to deal with the problems that come to our borders.

It has noting to do with the children, what it has to do with is they know our policies will provide results. That's what scares the hell out of them.

What is less than satisfying for the right about a president who decreased illegal immigration and increased deportations? If he were an R you’d be jubilant. Trump has made immigration his trademark. Demonize, deport, and tear away their children. Surely immigration inforcement can be carried out withou the first and the third.

We dealt with immigrants Obama's way for eight years, and the results were less than satisfying. Trump hasn't been in office for two years, and they are complaining left and right.

Let us do it our way for four years (possibly eight) and see the end results. Let's compare who has the best way to deal with the problems that come to our borders.

It has noting to do with the children, what it has to do with is they know our policies will provide results. That's what scares the hell out of them.

What is less than satisfying for the right about a president who decreased illegal immigration and increased deportations? If he were an R you’d be jubilant. Trump has made immigration his trademark. Demonize, deport, and tear away their children. Surely immigration inforcement can be carried out withou the first and the third.

Revisionist history...........The Fake OP proved that............detention centers flooded awaiting Catch and Release.................in 2014........did Obama fix it...........NOPE.................

His numbers are a fraud when he lets them go...............which is exactly what he did................Open Borders by proxy.

She may be a liberal and a Mod but she's okay in my book.

I vote those who’s positions come closest to mine.

Activist say?

it isn’t all verbiage from activists

How? You deport the people and their kids. Period. There’s no room for your feelings here.

You're sure? I mean, one could give them electric shocks and put them on a starvation diet. That would REALLY show those parents!

There parents don't give a shit now. We're just helping the children with
a basic lesson in life. The lesson being..."For every behavior...there is a
consequence."

Bad behavior calls for a bad consequence.

There is legal immigration and their is illegal immigration. There is no
bad consequence with legal immigration.

I am sure that the lesson will be learned. Next time, the kids will choose better parents....

Or maybe become better parents when they have children. It'll be one helluva long shot with them being from Central America, but at least
we would have done our part.

If they could choose better parents next time around, here's hoping they
choose Democrats. They won't be faced with this type of a problem
then. They'll have been aborted 6 months before delivery date.

Can't stay on topic? Short attention span?

I answered your question. I assumed that would be classified as
staying on topic.

The topic is abortion? Damn! There must be something wrong with my computer. Mine says it is about controlling illegal immigration!

Activist say?

And those positions are what? Let all the illegals in? That sounds pretty democrat.

And we detained the kids with the adults and something happens to them by other adults and you'll be complaining again........Face it........You want Catch and Release......

To the 75 Democrats bitching about the situation................Stop bitching and do your job...................Demand more border agents.......larger detention facilities and more courts...............

We can and do detain families together, what we can’t do is put kids with unrelated adults.

I fully support increased funding for border enforcement and courts. There is no reason for people to languish in limbo as long as they do. What I don’t support is policies designed to be cruel, abusive and unnecessary.

And those positions are what? Let all the illegals in? That sounds pretty democrat.
Nope.

We can and do detain families together, what we can’t do is put kids with unrelated adults.

I fully support increased funding for border enforcement and courts. There is no reason for people to languish in limbo as long as they do. What I don’t support is policies designed to be cruel, abusive and unnecessary.
So the whole family goes to jail. Can they all be sent back on the same bus?

Activist say?

Nope.
Just the kids? They get in but the parents don’t? Why are you separating families?

They haven't housed children with adults for a long time. This isn't something Trump implemented. He was complaining about it, in fact, and drawing attention to the fact that, due to the law, that's what happens.

Trump criticizes separating families at the border, despite his administration's support for policy that could lead to separation - CNNPolitics

It was happening under Obama, but it wasn't an issue then. It's a humanitarian crisis under Trump, though.

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.
Why do we have family detention centers? They should be nothing more than a bus stop where they wait for a ride back to Mexico. We take them over the border and drop them off for Mexico to deal with. It’s not our problem.

Detention centers have a capacity of 40,000 beds..............

100,000 have been detained in 2 months...........that doesn't count the ones not caught..............

The numbers don't add up.

The fact is that it continued under Trump. However we are discussing TRUMP policy of separating children from their families. Obama had nothing to do with it.
Trump is not trying to bring in illegal alien families. In fact he's actually trying to stop them.

There is no evidence that is what Obama was trying to do. Treating people humanely is not bringing them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back