What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link proving children were detained with their parents under the previous administration? I don't think they were, as it is against our law and has been long before Trump. I think you are referring to "catch and release," where everyone is just let go with a court date. That clearly didn't work, so now we are going to try enforcing our laws. There's this thing we need to fix, though. Trump doesn't like it, you don't like it, much of America doesn't like it. Congress should address this issue, as Trump is suggesting/whining/calling for, as it is their job.

U.S. is separating immigrant parents and children to discourage others, activists say

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.
Why do we have family detention centers? They should be nothing more than a bus stop where they wait for a ride back to Mexico. We take them over the border and drop them off for Mexico to deal with. It’s not our problem.
legal loop holes............law..............asylum seekers are required by law to get a hearing.
We don’t need a hearing. They jumped the border. Ho back. Case solved.

It's the law. Congress would have to get off its butt to change it. I think they are napping ATM though, so it might be a while.

You are using children as hostages. You are no different than terrorists.

And the left is not???

You are the one who wants to treat children as criminals.
Placing them in detention jails with adults who may harm them whether with the parents or not would be criminal..........Then tomorrow you'd be look what you did to these families.....................Can't house them with all the adults...........got news for you.........some aren't so nice coming over.........

Kids going to other detention centers are for their own protection..............but the INN IS FULL.........only 40,000 beds......

Brings us to another lie the left pushes...........that those crossing is much smaller............more BS.

Face it..........your identity politics here is to attack to get Catch and Release back which is basically your real goal of open borders.

I don't know any of them individually. But I know how their parents
and their shithhole countries that they come from. are gaming the system.

And what's your story, Pancho? Butt-hurt liberal or illegal alien?

If your logic is to punish the children for their parents having committed a misdemeanor by crossing the border without papers, why not go all the way, and torture them as well?
-----------------------------
This is nonsense.

We are NOT punishing children. No more than a convicted felon's child is punished when we send them to prison.

Do we stop enforcing our laws because the children will be separated from their parents who are acting criminally?

The answer is a resounding, no!

As for this nonsense of "human cost", it is nothing more than a phrase designed to instill anguish in political opposition for the purpose of achieving an agenda.
Nonsense. Who suffers? The children. What crime does a 3 yr old commit that is prosecutable under the law? Explain that to the hysterical child, tell him he is NOT being punished by being ripped from the only family he knows and then try to rationalize a seriously fucked policy here that was NOT in place before.

And remind me again how your party is pro family cause I sure dont see it in this policy.
------------------------------- that'd be PRO American family Coyote .

That shows what a racist you are. You are either pro-family or you are not. There is no in-between.

And you are either pro-laws or you're not.

This has nothing to do with laws. There is no law that says that children should be separated from their parents.

We had 160,000 PARENT-LESS children rush the S. border from Central America between 2013 and 2015. They were put into cages until they could be WAREHOUSED in abandoned gyms and army barracks for another year. Til Uncle Sam could FIND relatives or adoptions. Uncle Sam also sucks greatly at running that kind of orphanage. Wasn't for lack of MONEY -- it cost about $260/day.

And at that density, the kids were mixed in with gang infected members and other bad elements.

Border Agents CAN separate children until they get PROOF of family relationships. They also do it because the group ACCOMMODATIONS don't allow for the SAFETY of those children mixed in with all the other "unknowns". It's not a boarding house. Uncle Sam also does not not design boarding houses.

It is not the parents' fault. Trump knows this which is why he is blaming Democrats.
----------------------------- he is blaming 'dems' / YOU because the moochers in cages photos was taken during 'mrobama' time in office Busybee .

Do you have a clue what you are talking about. We are talking about TRUMP'S decision to separate children from their families. Obama did not start it. Quit blaming Obama for everything.

Obama lost over 4100 children when he was President.

The fact is that it continued under Trump. However we are discussing TRUMP policy of separating children from their families. Obama had nothing to do with it.
It looks like the illegal aliens are trying to use their children as passports

This has nothing to do with illegals. It has to do with morality or in this case, lack of it. Ronald Reagan would never do anything inhumane like this.

I don't know any of them individually. But I know how their parents
and their shithhole countries that they come from. are gaming the system.

And what's your story, Pancho? Butt-hurt liberal or illegal alien?

If your logic is to punish the children for their parents having committed a misdemeanor by crossing the border without papers, why not go all the way, and torture them as well?
This is nonsense.

We are NOT punishing children. No more than a convicted felon's child is punished when we send them to prison.

Do we stop enforcing our laws because the children will be separated from their parents who are acting criminally?

The answer is a resounding, no!

As for this nonsense of "human cost", it is nothing more than a phrase designed to instill anguish in political opposition for the purpose of achieving an agenda.
Nonsense. Who suffers? The children. What crime does a 3 yr old commit that is prosecutable under the law? Explain that to the hysterical child, tell him he is NOT being punished by being ripped from the only family he knows and then try to rationalize a seriously fucked policy here that was NOT in place before.

And remind me again how your party is pro family cause I sure dont see it in this policy.

That shows what a racist you are. You are either pro-family or you are not. There is no in-between.

This has nothing to do with laws. There is no law that says that children should be separated from their parents.

There is? Where?

There is a law that say you can't come to the US illegally. I can show you that one.

Do you mean the photos currently being circulated again of huge numbers of children in crowded conditions? 2014 saw a flood of unaccompanied minors Surge in unaccompanied child immigrants spurs White House reaction

The children traveled unaccompanied by parents.

Do you have a link proving children were detained with their parents under the previous administration? I don't think they were, as it is against our law and has been long before Trump. I think you are referring to "catch and release," where everyone is just let go with a court date. That clearly didn't work, so now we are going to try enforcing our laws. There's this thing we need to fix, though. Trump doesn't like it, you don't like it, much of America doesn't like it. Congress should address this issue, as Trump is suggesting/whining/calling for, as it is their job.

U.S. is separating immigrant parents and children to discourage others, activists say

When family detention centers are full, which they are, what do we do other than catch & release. Catch & release is a failure. Congress needs to either accommodate the influx of reduce the influx. It's their job, not Trump's. Trump is even calling for them to fix it because catch & release failed. We are now going to enforce our laws by detaining unknowns illegally crossing our borders. Are you suggesting we continue catch & release? Are you suggesting we build more family detention centers? Are you suggesting there's no problem? Ending catch & release is good, IMO. We need to find some way to protect children as much as possible. I am open to options.
Why do we have family detention centers? They should be nothing more than a bus stop where they wait for a ride back to Mexico. We take them over the border and drop them off for Mexico to deal with. It’s not our problem.

Many may be legitimate assylum seekers. We need more judges processing faster and to reduce fraudsters.
Once you have made it to Mexico your dream of a good life is granted. We don’t need to process anyone. How can you seek assylum from Mexico? That country is great.

And the left is not???

Placing them in detention jails with adults who may harm them whether with the parents or not would be criminal..........Then tomorrow you'd be look what you did to these families.....................Can't house them with all the adults...........got news for you.........some aren't so nice coming over.........

Kids going to other detention centers are for their own protection..............but the INN IS FULL.........only 40,000 beds......

Brings us to another lie the left pushes...........that those crossing is much smaller............more BS.

Face it..........your identity politics here is to attack to get Catch and Release back which is basically your real goal of open borders.

They shouldn't be in detention jails. They need to be in facilities for families. Treating people right has nothing to do with what to do with illegals. Thye should be treated right while they are there and until their status is determined legally.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
Republicans tend to lack basic empathy for things they don’t directly witness. They don’t have the emotional maturity or complexity of thought for such a thing. As a result, they don’t bother thinking about the well being of kids. They just know brown people have crossed the border and their GOP masters tell them it’s a bad thing.

The parents are responsible for anything that happens to the kids, they put them in the situation.

We hold law enforcement to the same standards we hold everyone else. The people who are implementing this policy are responsible and should be held legally liable. Take your trash elsewhere.

Who said they're not?

When Trump is kicked out, he needs to be arrested along with his enablers of this barbaric policy. That is when accountability starts.
How about accountability to the Dems who refuse immigration funding to the very things I have repeatedly stated......

Please show me the bills requesting that from the Dem Reps............Push it tomorrow......it will get rushed through and we can get busy fixing this problem ASAP.............

Instead of blocking any immigration reform that doesn't say Amnesty on it.

legal loop holes............law..............asylum seekers are required by law to get a hearing.
We don’t need a hearing. They jumped the border. Ho back. Case solved.

It's the law. Congress would have to get off its butt to change it. I think they are napping ATM though, so it might be a while.
Well it’s the democrats. They put these illegals concerns over yours.

And the left is not???

They shouldn't be in detention jails. They need to be in facilities for families. Treating people right has nothing to do with what to do with illegals. Thye should be treated right while they are there and until their status is determined legally.
Which part of those don't exist ............don't you understand..................

Many may be legitimate assylum seekers. We need more judges processing faster and to reduce fraudsters.
Once you have made it to Mexico your dream of a good life is granted. We don’t need to process anyone. How can you seek assylum from Mexico? That country is great.

Only because you can BUY your way in.. About $40 US fixes ALL the paperwork every time -- I hear. They LOVE Americans down there if they got the cash.

----------------------------- he is blaming 'dems' / YOU because the moochers in cages photos was taken during 'mrobama' time in office Busybee .

Do you have a clue what you are talking about. We are talking about TRUMP'S decision to separate children from their families. Obama did not start it. Quit blaming Obama for everything.

Obama lost over 4100 children when he was President.

The fact is that it continued under Trump. However we are discussing TRUMP policy of separating children from their families. Obama had nothing to do with it.
It looks like the illegal aliens are trying to use their children as passports

This has nothing to do with illegals. It has to do with morality or in this case, lack of it. Ronald Reagan would never do anything inhumane like this.
------------------------------------ feck R.R. , he started the problem though i really blame his VP 'ghwb' so feck both pwicks BBee .

I'm actually not sure about that. It is my understanding that refugees and asylum seekers are required to present to the first country bordering their own, provided said country is not in war. That would mean we take Mexicans, Canadians and some Island nations maybe? It is possible to be a legitimate assylum seeker from Canada, even.

We had 160,000 PARENT-LESS children rush the S. border from Central America between 2013 and 2015. They were put into cages until they could be WAREHOUSED in abandoned gyms and army barracks for another year. Til Uncle Sam could FIND relatives or adoptions. Uncle Sam also sucks greatly at running that kind of orphanage. Wasn't for lack of MONEY -- it cost about $260/day.

And at that density, the kids were mixed in with gang infected members and other bad elements.

Border Agents CAN separate children until they get PROOF of family relationships. They also do it because the group ACCOMMODATIONS don't allow for the SAFETY of those children mixed in with all the other "unknowns". It's not a boarding house. Uncle Sam also does not not design boarding houses.

There is no law that requires that and whether they can will be determined by the courts. We should be taking the best interests of the child into account until their status is determined. Uncle Sam needs to find facilities for them. Terrorizing the children is not the answer.

Only because you can BUY your way in.. About $40 US fixes ALL the paperwork every time -- I hear. They LOVE Americans down there if they got the cash.
So we need to send every illegal back with 40 bucks? Problem solved? That sounds reasonable.

And the left is not???

------------------------------- get Sheriff Joe Arpaio done there , let him set up some tents BBee . I see no reason to spend Americans taxpayer monies building holding facilities for widdle babee mexicans and their 'mamacitas' BBee,

There is? Where?

There is a law that say you can't come to the US illegally. I can show you that one.

You point out the law that states children have to be separated from their children.

Doesn't matter. This is about the treatment of children and whether they should be terrorized. The family should be respected and treated humanely while they are here.

There is no law that requires that and whether they can will be determined by the courts. We should be taking the best interests of the child into account until their status is determined. Uncle Sam needs to find facilities for them. Terrorizing the children is not the answer.
How the fuck do you terrorize a child when their parents not only caused it but committed a crime to do so?

What are your thoughts on the vid I posted, Coyote?

Here it is again in case you missed it.....

How does that relate to forceably removing children from their mothers while awaiting a hearing? I notice she has her children with her and she said nothing about that policy, only that she can’t blame Trump for enforcing the immigration laws that deported her husband. She says nothing about kids.

It highlights the problems democrats create when they make stupid decisions.

I know you’re an honest person who’ll eventually appreciate President Trump for addressing the problems democrats created. You and I both hate the trail of death and pain they’ve paved.
It’s why I’m glad we finally have a president willing to fix this problem.

We dealt with immigrants Obama's way for eight years, and the results were less than satisfying. Trump hasn't been in office for two years, and they are complaining left and right.

Let us do it our way for four years (possibly eight) and see the end results. Let's compare who has the best way to deal with the problems that come to our borders.

It has noting to do with the children, what it has to do with is they know our policies will provide results. That's what scares the hell out of them.

What is less than satisfying for the right about a president who decreased illegal immigration and increased deportations? If he were an R you’d be jubilant. Trump has made immigration his trademark. Demonize, deport, and tear away their children. Surely immigration inforcement can be carried out withou the first and the third.

We tried it that way and they're still coming here.

If you were in one of these countries and knew that if you dragged your kids to the US, they would be taken away by our government and you will have a hearing which will likely have you and your kids deported, would you want to come here?

We need a deterrent to stop this from happening. The stronger the deterrent, the better the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back