What if a Jewish baker refused to create a Hitler cake?

I've never seen any laws against discriminating against Hitler

But if koshergrl wants to pass one, she is welcome to try

should jewish deli's be forced to sell to members of the aryan nation?

As long as they are behaving themselves, why not?

If they refuse on religious grounds, should they be FORCED?

You should have to serve anyone who comes into your place of business.....even conservatives

so, "no shoes, no shirt, no service" should be illegal?

Yes, as long as the Nazis do not ask the deli to sell them something the deli has never sold to anyone else before.

This is where you retards fail to see the difference. A wedding cake maker makes wedding cakes. Refusing to sell a wedding cake to someone you don't like is a lot different than refusing to sell something you have never sold to anyone else before.

Due to their asshole intransigence, the bigots are forcing the issue, thus costing us all more of our freedom.

You made a comment but the question was not answered.

What is wrong with having the right to refuse service? Isn't that freedom?

You should have to serve anyone who comes into your place of business.....even conservatives

Of course not

Health Department requires it

It isn't followed where I live....

Due to their asshole intransigence, the bigots are forcing the issue, thus costing us all more of our freedom.

You made a comment but the question was not answered.

What is wrong with having the right to refuse service? Isn't that freedom?

I wrote a long post a couple weeks ago stating that I believe a bigot should not be forced to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, even though the bigot is a fucking asshole. However, one of the biggest drivers behind the ever increasing government expansion of power is due to assholes being assholes. Assholes dumping toxic waste in our drinking water, other assholes committing financial fraud, and still more un-Christian hypocritical assholes refusing to bake a cake.

You can read my thoughts about public accommodation laws here: I find it very disturbing Page 27 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Nevertheless, the OP is a false analogy. An illogical argument.

But that's DIFFERENT:

" Opponents of the new law in Indiana clearly have no problem with a Christian business owner being forced to provide a product or service which is directly in conflict with their religious beliefs, but what if there were other religions involved? For one example, let’s say that a small family farmer has slaughtered one of his hogs but his usual butcher has either passed on or retired from business. Selecting a new butcher from the yellow pages, the farmer loads up his truck and heads down to a different shop. If that butcher turns out to be a Muslim, can he refuse to take the farmer’s business because it goes against his beliefs? This can’t be too far fetched of a story since Target has had to make accommodations for Muslim cashiers who don’t want to ring up purchases of pork products. If laws allowing for religious objections are so wrong, should the government come in and force the workers to handle and ring up the bacon? Should the Muslim butcher be sued and have his business shut down for not cutting up the hog?
"The second example isn’t specifically based on one religion, but speaks more to the freedom of a vendor to refuse service which they find objectionable regardless of the free speech rights of each party involved. It’s more interesting, though, because it is based on such an exact parallel to the gay wedding cake orders which are at the heart of the RFRA debate. What if the baker is Jewish, not Christian, and the customer in question wants to order a specialty “face cake” depicting Hitler?"

How would RFRA opponents deal with the Hitler cake Hot Air

If a Jewish baker, butcher or candlestick maker refused to bake a cake of Hitler, he wouldn't be touched on account of his Tribe's armour: the Holocaust. The Holocaust would also be cited in his defence if he were to refuse service to someone on account of their gender, sexuality, race or religion.

The Republicans in our congress would give him 300 million $ for research ..

there, that's politics

I doubt they'd go that far. No, once the liberal attack dogs have been recalled by the ADL and SPLC, Republican congressmen would stand by the baker's side as he avoids making any form of apology, and instead distracts everyone with tales of his family's suffering in the Holocaust. All the while his Republican goyim would nod solemnly, occasionally put their hand on his shoulder and deliver false grimaces as he recounts how his great grandfather singlehandedly stormed Aushwitz to rescue him and his family and secure them all safe passage to New York.

Why was this bakery within its rights to refuse to make a child's birthday cake?

Child named after Adolf Hitler is refused cake request NJ.com
Do you believe the father of little Adolf Hitler Campbell and JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell* when he says he is not a racist?

Because he sounds as disingenuous as these assholes around here who pretend the Indiana law has nothing to do with discriminating against homosexuals at STRAIGHT ONLY bakeries.

*Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie was the sister of Adolf Hitler.

Last edited:
The OP is truly ignorant and ridiculous.

Public accommodations laws apply only to be goods and services available as part of the regular course of business.

Because a Jewish baker doesn't bake "Hitler cake" as part of the regular course of business, a public accommodations law wouldn't apply.
Exactly.

Minus religious freedom laws, could not a Black Southern Baptist owned caterer be forced to cater a KKK event, at night, in a clearing in the woods, by the light of a burning cross?
No, because public accommodations laws apply only to the class of persons identified by the law; if the Klan is not so identified, a business owner cannot be compelled to accommodate a member of the Klan.

Minus religious freedom laws, could not a Black Southern Baptist owned caterer be forced to cater a KKK event, at night, in a clearing in the woods, by the light of a burning cross?
Not if he felt he was going to be lynched.

Putting Hitler on the cake falls under free speech. Anyone can refuse. Now if a KKK member walks in and wants a regular cake, you cannot refuse. It's really that simple.

So you think that a black bakery would be forced to make a KKK cake????????????? Don't be foolish.
They'd be forced to make a cake. Not a cake that had anything about the KKK on it.

Oh, we have heard this bullshit before.

Somehow, not being allowed to discriminate against people you don't like now equals Hitler, Hitler, Hitler in the eyes of the crazy-assed Rightie loons.

Tell me, exactly what verse in the Christian Bible prohibits Christians from doing business with "undesirables"? Cuz that's how many Christians view gays: as "undesirables".

Didn't Jesus actually go and visit with prostitutes and tend to them? Didn't hé actually go to one and tell her to go and sin no more?

"In the world but not of this world" is not a free get-out-of-jail card that allows a Christian to do whatever the hell he wants to do.

But, what the fuck, let 'em discriminate, and when all of their businesses go bankrupt, it's not my fault. Because if this divisive shit continues, it's only a matter of time before Americans in droves will simply stop visiting "Christian" businesses altogether.

What in the world has happened to Christianity?

It used to be about the Love of the Almighty, about a blood covenant, about redemption through grace and about unbounding love.

Now, it's about "get the fuck off my lawn".

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

Today I feel luckier than ever that I am NOT a Christian. I sure as hell would not want to raise my family in such a poisonous environment. Gross.
sure...you can simply claim "hitler is out of bounds"....because...well....it is easy.

Truth is....why are we not allowed to follow our religious beliefs when conducting business. If the public doesn't like it, they can boycott me....or prot4est against me/.....or....bring me to court and force me to prove it is a conflict with my religion....

ANd that last part?

That is ALL the law allows for...it gives me the right to defend my actions based on a religious belief.....but I will have to prove it.

Forum List

Back