What if a Jewish baker refused to create a Hitler cake?

As for the "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" cake, the supermarket should not be able to refuse. Not because the Nazi inbred idiot fuck of a father is a protected class. He isn't. But the supermarket offers happy birthday name greetings on their cakes to everyone, and so under the public accommodation scheme we live under they must provide the cake to these poor doomed kids.

As for the "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" cake, the supermarket should not be able to refuse. Not because the Nazi inbred idiot fuck of a father is a protected class. He isn't. But the supermarket offers happy birthday name greetings on their cakes to everyone, and so under the public accommodation scheme we live under they must provide the cake to these poor doomed kids.
Yepp.

Providing a service, no matter how distasteful the client, is not an endorsement of said client.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Oh, we have heard this bullshit before.

Somehow, not being allowed to discriminate against people you don't like now equals Hitler, Hitler, Hitler in the eyes of the crazy-assed Rightie loons.

Tell me, exactly what verse in the Christian Bible prohibits Christians from doing business with "undesirables"? Cuz that's how many Christians view gays: as "undesirables".

Didn't Jesus actually go and visit with prostitutes and tend to them? Didn't hé actually go to one and tell her to go and sin no more?

"In the world but not of this world" is not a free get-out-of-jail card that allows a Christian to do whatever the hell he wants to do.

But, what the fuck, let 'em discriminate, and when all of their businesses go bankrupt, it's not my fault. Because if this divisive shit continues, it's only a matter of time before Americans in droves will simply stop visiting "Christian" businesses altogether.

What in the world has happened to Christianity?

It used to be about the Love of the Almighty, about a blood covenant, about redemption through grace and about unbounding love.

Now, it's about "get the fuck off my lawn".

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

Today I feel luckier than ever that I am NOT a Christian. I sure as hell would not want to raise my family in such a poisonous environment. Gross.

Nice anti-Christian, hate-filled, vituperative rant, statist, you Nazi.

Christians feel lucky that you're not one of them, too.

Due to their asshole intransigence, the bigots are forcing the issue, thus costing us all more of our freedom.

You made a comment but the question was not answered.

What is wrong with having the right to refuse service? Isn't that freedom?

I wrote a long post a couple weeks ago stating that I believe a bigot should not be forced to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, even though the bigot is a fucking asshole. However, one of the biggest drivers behind the ever increasing government expansion of power is due to assholes being assholes. Assholes dumping toxic waste in our drinking water, other assholes committing financial fraud, and still more un-Christian hypocritical assholes refusing to bake a cake.

You can read my thoughts about public accommodation laws here: I find it very disturbing Page 27 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Nevertheless, the OP is a false analogy. An illogical argument.

The problem is that your definition of an asshole may be different from mine.

I think that there is nothing wrong with denying service to a homosexual, or a Nazi or anybody else that I chose. There should be no entitlement to service simply because you are alive and I should be the one to make that determination as a free citizen and not the government. Just because you think I am an asshole for denying you service should not entitle you to government protection, should it?

In fact government infringement upon the right of association is a major attack on my freedoms.

My question still stands because I don't think you really answered it. What is wrong with the right to refuse service?

religion or politics?

the difference is soooooooooooo confusing to RW's.

Please explain exactly the difference because the Indiana law and the law Bill Clinton signed
The Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993, Pub. L. No. 103-141, 107 Stat. 1488 (November 16, 1993), codified at 42 U.S.C.§ 2000bb through 42 U.S.C.§ 2000bb-4 (also known as RFRA), is a 1993 United States federal law that "ensures that interests in religious freedom are protected."[1] The bill was introduced by Congressman Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on March 11, 1993 and passed by a unanimous U.S. House and a near unanimous U.S. Senate with three dissenting votes[2] and was signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
Religious Freedom Restoration Act - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Somehow, not being allowed to discriminate against people you don't like now equals Hitler, Hitler, Hitler in the eyes of the crazy-assed Rightie loons.

Tell me, exactly what verse in the Christian Bible prohibits Christians from doing business with "undesirables"? Cuz that's how many Christians view gays: as "undesirables".

Didn't Jesus actually go and visit with prostitutes and tend to them? Didn't hé actually go to one and tell her to go and sin no more?

"In the world but not of this world" is not a free get-out-of-jail card that allows a Christian to do whatever the hell he wants to do.

But, what the fuck, let 'em discriminate, and when all of their businesses go bankrupt, it's not my fault. Because if this divisive shit continues, it's only a matter of time before Americans in droves will simply stop visiting "Christian" businesses altogether.

It used to be about the Love of the Almighty, about a blood covenant, about redemption through grace and about unbounding love.

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

Today I feel luckier than ever that I am NOT a Christian. I sure as hell would not want to raise my family in such a poisonous environment. Gross.

Nothing like a self-professing Christian calling a Jew a "Nazi". Bravo. Gotta say, your method of witnessing is, ääääh, unique. So full of Christian love and such....

Yepp.

Providing a service, no matter how distasteful the client, is not an endorsement of said client.

So you maintain that Jewish bakers should be forced to make Hitler cakes.

Thanks! I already knew where you stood, but it's nice to see you own it.

hitlers-wedding-cake.jpg

What if the Westboro Baptist Church wanted to march in the San Francisco Gay Pride Day Parade?

Yet the bakery was allowed to refuse. The family just went to another bakery. Which is as it should be.

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

Nothing like a self-professing Christian calling a Jew a "Nazi". Bravo. Gotta say, your method of witnessing is, ääääh, unique. So full of Christian love and such....

You're one of those Jews that helped the Nazis, Nazi.

Now make me a cake.

karin+D+.+lw+.+swastika.jpg

Hitler aka, Nazis, Neo-Nazi, rabid right wing hate groups, are not a protected classes.

Little Adolf Hitler s unhappy birthday News The Guardian

The radical homosexual anarchist group known as "Bash Back! planned for over a month the assault on the Mt. Hope Church in Lansing, Michigan. November 9, 2008 a band of about 30 homosexuals stormed the church during services shouting “Jesus was a homo” on a megaphone and carrying an upside-down pink cross. They distributed fliers to passersby, threw condoms at parishioners and set off the fire alarms. [5] Catholic League president Bill Donohue responded, “This is urban fascism come to America’s heartland."

Mass Resistance has compiled a list of militant gay actions in the wake of California's successful Proposition 8 campaign. [6]

More than 200 protesters screamed and chanted in front of the Catholic Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles during Sunday services, intimidating families.

Street preacher gets physically assaulted at a gay pride event in Seattle. [7]
In Palm Springs, an enraged crowd of homosexual activists attacked an elderly woman carrying a cross.
Pastor Rick Warren's Saddleback Church was targeted, a swastika constructed. Same situation occurred targeting parishioners at a Catholic church in Riverside, Ca.
A disgusting anti-Mormon TV ad was broadcast across California, portraying LDS missionaries invading a home of lesbians.
Several thousand homosexual activists rioted at a Mormon temple in the Los Angeles
Lesbians parked a van with a big sign "Bigots" in front of a Mormon family's house (parents and five kids) near San Francisco.
A Mormon church near Sacramento was spray-painted with "No on 8" .
A Sacramento theater director was forced to resign from his job after it was revealed that he had given a $1000 donation to the Yes on Prop 8 committee.
There were instances of cars vandalized with Hate 8 engraved with a knife.
Gay activists have disrupted and viciously vandalized churches nationwide for their stances against gay "marriage."[8]
Militant gays - Conservapedia

I'm still trying to figure out what Statist's anti-Christian rant about Jesus and today's Christians has to do with whether or not we should force Jewish bakers to create Hitler cakes when it's demanded of them....whatever he intended, the result is that he created a lot of cover for his assertion that he thinks they should be forced to bake Hitler cakes too?

Or maybe he thinks that's different?

White people seem to have a weird calculation when it comes to tragedies.

Here we are comparing a tragedy that killed Millions to a tragedy that a baker had to make a cake because he believed something else.

Next they'll be saying everyone has been slaves at one time to compare it to slavery sanctioned and approved by the US govt.

....wait

But that's DIFFERENT:

" Opponents of the new law in Indiana clearly have no problem with a Christian business owner being forced to provide a product or service which is directly in conflict with their religious beliefs, but what if there were other religions involved? For one example, let’s say that a small family farmer has slaughtered one of his hogs but his usual butcher has either passed on or retired from business. Selecting a new butcher from the yellow pages, the farmer loads up his truck and heads down to a different shop. If that butcher turns out to be a Muslim, can he refuse to take the farmer’s business because it goes against his beliefs? This can’t be too far fetched of a story since Target has had to make accommodations for Muslim cashiers who don’t want to ring up purchases of pork products. If laws allowing for religious objections are so wrong, should the government come in and force the workers to handle and ring up the bacon? Should the Muslim butcher be sued and have his business shut down for not cutting up the hog?
"The second example isn’t specifically based on one religion, but speaks more to the freedom of a vendor to refuse service which they find objectionable regardless of the free speech rights of each party involved. It’s more interesting, though, because it is based on such an exact parallel to the gay wedding cake orders which are at the heart of the RFRA debate. What if the baker is Jewish, not Christian, and the customer in question wants to order a specialty “face cake” depicting Hitler?"

How would RFRA opponents deal with the Hitler cake Hot Air

Show us please where Christianity says not to serve sinners.
That's irrelevant. What's in play here is defining the circumstances under which a vendor can refuse to enter into a contract with a customer, if there are any. Thus, it is legitimate to ask, if Christian run businesses can be forced to do business with those whose lives they oppose (something I disagree with, BTW), can we not then force, say, a black owned catering business to cater a KKK event, should the local KKK group wish to seriously mess with them? I mean, that's really what's going on here. Some gay people want to be refused service so they can squeal loudly and pretend to be offended.

Of course you think it is 'irrelevant'.

If a Christian run business cannot be forced to do business because of the owners religious belief- can he refuse to do business with a Jew?
With an African American?
With a woman?
With a veteran?

Some Christians want to be able to refuse service, and that is why they are squeling loudly and pretending to be offended.
It's a legitimate question. Do you think a Black Southern Baptist run caterer can be force to cater a KKK event?

Forum List

Back