What is a "Progressive"?

JFK said it best

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal

What he said!!!!

On the last flight out of LAX to JFK tonight I watched 5 minutes of MSNBC and heard Ed Shultz and guests describe the "Progressive" solution to US energy (hint: they're against oil but love solar and wind and other things that just don't make economic sense) and I wondered:

What is a 'Progressive'?

What are the central ideas and beliefs that make someone a Progressive rather than a Liberal or a Democrat?

Well, if you ask thanatroll a progressive is everybody except him and .... well everybody except him.

I dunno, like most political labels it has kind of been watered down and made generic.

Mostly though it is just another strain of statist believer in better living through enhanced collective government control.

ooooh !! i realize that.., trust me ! i realize that most libertards are too stupid and lazy to better themselves by getting a job.., any job, just to establish a work ethic, why are the rich folk rich ? i'll give you a stab at it, then i'll give you the real answer. :up:

"Not by much".., ooooh, really, a double wide has heat, electric, plus hot and cold running water, where he can bathe.., something totally foreign to a liberal/progressive..., like yourself. :up: ... :clap2: ... :lmao:

If you are living in a double wide, the rich don't care about you, Cleetus.

I'm hoping on some level, you get that.

The rich are rich because we have a system where wealth accumulates in a few hands, and politicians can be bought. If you haven't figured that one out yet, you just aren't very bright, are you.

Have fun in your double wide, man. The possum hunt starts later.

What a dumbass comment (figures). I live in a 4 bedroom 2900 square foot home on 260 acres that I own in Montana and I will bet you a dollar to a donut that the "rich" couldn't care less. I worked for EVERY penny that I used to pay for this home - from working for those "rich" guys. They provided me with a fine living and I am forever grateful for their "richness".

Jesus, you envious bastards. I'll ask the same question that I ask of any other idiot that hates the rich - if YOU have a job (I am supposing that you live off Uncle Sugar) but IF you have a job tell me this (and be truthful): Do you work for a poor person? Do you work for some bum that lives under a bridge? Was the person who hired you on food stamps? Does he pay you in Food Stamps? -OR- Does he pay you from the profits of the company that HE invested in, used HIS money to start?

You might consider these things before you continually bit the hand that feeds you.

Now, head back to your refrigerator box - it's cold as hell outside!

You are calling someone a dumbass when you are assuming that everyone has had the same opportunities as you.

ooooh !! i realize that.., trust me ! i realize that most libertards are too stupid and lazy to better themselves by getting a job.., any job, just to establish a work ethic, why are the rich folk rich ? i'll give you a stab at it, then i'll give you the real answer. :up:

"Not by much".., ooooh, really, a double wide has heat, electric, plus hot and cold running water, where he can bathe.., something totally foreign to a liberal/progressive..., like yourself. :up: ... :clap2: ... :lmao:

The rich are rich because we have a system where wealth accumulates in a few hands, and politicians can be bought. If you haven't figured that one out yet, you just aren't very bright, are you.

What a dumbass comment (figures). I live in a 4 bedroom 2900 square foot home on 260 acres that I own in Montana and I will bet you a dollar to a donut that the "rich" couldn't care less. I worked for EVERY penny that I used to pay for this home - from working for those "rich" guys. They provided me with a fine living and I am forever grateful for their "richness".

Jesus, you envious bastards. I'll ask the same question that I ask of any other idiot that hates the rich - if YOU have a job (I am supposing that you live off Uncle Sugar) but IF you have a job tell me this (and be truthful): Do you work for a poor person? Do you work for some bum that lives under a bridge? Was the person who hired you on food stamps? Does he pay you in Food Stamps? -OR- Does he pay you from the profits of the company that HE invested in, used HIS money to start?

You might consider these things before you continually bit the hand that feeds you.

Not everyone is as good at kissing rich man ass as you are, and boy I bet you can pucker with the best of them. Sarcasm aside, the person who saw their job flee to China has nothing to be grateful to the rich for. Same goes for the person who lost their retirement savings or thier house to medical bankruptcy. Most people who work do not get nice houses and huge tracts of land, they get the least that the miserly assholes can possibly part with along with copious reminders that you are just not worth a penny more.

On the last flight out of LAX to JFK tonight I watched 5 minutes of MSNBC and heard Ed Shultz and guests describe the "Progressive" solution to US energy (hint: they're against oil but love solar and wind and other things that just don't make economic sense) and I wondered:

What is a 'Progressive'?

What are the central ideas and beliefs that make someone a Progressive rather than a Liberal or a Democrat?

Its another of those words with a meaning so vague that when used it tells you almost nothing,.

Remember the PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT was a term first used within GOP.

You are calling someone a dumbass when you are assuming that everyone has had the same opportunities as you.

Everyone does have the same freedom and accessibility to opportunity within society...

Not everyone is indeed the same, and not everyone is a result of the same choices, actions, and circumstances.. so while I may have had the opportunity to advance and train in the military in my younger years, your limp wristed ass did not get the same opportunity because you were too busy thinking about what everyone owed you for merely existing

A progressive is someone who hates America and the principles it stood for in its first 225 years. A progressive thinks he is smarter than everyone else and dictates laws forcing everyone else to adopt his "morals". A progressive is sickened by any concept of individual freedom.

What is a 'Progressive'?

I am looking forward to see Ed Schultz proudly displaying his new car, equipped with solar panels and windmills and no oil in the crank case.

Those will propel his new car about as far as his show's worth and popularity.

Especially on a calm and cloudy day.

Guy, you really think the Koch Brothers don't look at you in your Double Wide and think that you are the "dumb Masses"?

i believe a double wide is preferable to a freezer crate under a bridge somewhere, like so many "progressives" occupy. :up:

Not by much.

Either or is a sad commentary on wealth disparity in this country.

But you are pretty much too dumb to realize that.

Wealth disparity is the direct function of:

Brain disparity.
Effort disparity.
Responsibility disparity.
Diligence disparity.
Productivity disparity.
Etc, etc.

But you are having a hard time to realize that.

What is a 'Progressive'?

BTW, Ed Schultz supports the Keystone Pipeline, you should have watched more - but you're willfully ignorant.

progressive

1. favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.

2. making progress toward better conditions; employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods, etc.: a progressive community.

3. characterized by such progress, or by continuous improvement.

4. going forward or onward; passing successively from one member of a series to the next; proceeding step by step.

Liberals, Progressives if you will, drive history. We make the changes in our American society that are responsible for American progress.

Think about it. Each and every time we change for the better, it is due to Liberals and Liberal policy. Who provided the resistance to change? Conservatives. Did Conservatives rally in support of child labor laws? How about Civil Rights? The movement to save our ecology? Worker place safety issues? Worker's rights? Women's rights? Marriage equality? The end of Jim Crow and before that slavery? All these changes are part and parcel of Liberal ideology. No Conservative lifted as finger to make these necessary changes. In fact, they resisted these changes and made what should have been common sense reform into a struggle for fairness and equality.

Name the Conservative who ever did anything to further the aspirations of equal treatment under the law and egalitarianism.

What is a 'Progressive'?

Abraham Lincoln.

Teddy Roosevelt.

Jefferson.

Henry Ford

Progressives are those who got so repelled by being called liberal they changed their name. Not much difference if any. Same thing they did with GW and CC.

Liberals, Progressives if you will, drive history. We make the changes in our American society that are responsible for American progress.

Think about it. Each and every time we change for the better, it is due to Liberals and Liberal policy. Who provided the resistance to change? Conservatives. Did Conservatives rally in support of child labor laws? How about Civil Rights? The movement to save our ecology? Worker place safety issues? Worker's rights? Women's rights? Marriage equality? The end of Jim Crow and before that slavery? All these changes are part and parcel of Liberal ideology. No Conservative lifted as finger to make these necessary changes. In fact, they resisted these changes and made what should have been common sense reform into a struggle for fairness and equality.

Name the Conservative who ever did anything to further the aspirations of equal treatment under the law and egalitarianism.

Could you provide a few examples? Liberals love to claim credit for everything they think is good but not so much the bad. I can't think of one thing that can be credited to progressives.

Lincoln would be my answer to your question. Yes liberal/progressives love to take credit for Lincoln but he CONSERVED the union and freed the slaves a very conservative thing to do. Democrats/liberals/progressives, actually did put them all in chains.

Last edited:

What is a 'Progressive'?

Three questions, since you watched MSNBC for 5 minutes.......

Is Ed Shultz a progressive?

What is his take on the XL Pipeline?

How bad is your thread failing?

I have no idea if Ed Schultz is a Progressive, he is clearly a Leftist

His guest was the solution 'Progressive' is to get the US off of fossil fuels and embrace alternative energy like wind and solar.

What is a Progressive? Is it as Political Party? What is your philosophy?

JFK said it best

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal

and then....., KaPow.., KaPow.., KaPow..,

in reality he had some very Conservative ideas and ideals.., but !!! LBJ had him put down to keep the demoncRAT party full hard line liberal :up:

A "progressive" is a liberal that is ashamed to be called "liberal" - it is a disguise (originally) intended to make someone believe that they were something that they weren't - a ruse intended to "slide in" without giving away their intentions.

Back in the 60s and 70s - the term "liberal" became a hated word. These "liberals" changed their names to "hopefully" scam the American people. After all - who WOULDN'T want to be "progressive"?? It took about a week for America to realize that these were the same communist loving "intellectuals" and told them to bugger off.

Liberals, progressives, marxists, communists, et al - all the same.

Basically, gutter trash, limp-wristed clowns that hate America.

I am a liberal and proud of it. You can call us all of the names that you want, it only shows your weakness.

I'm not calling you a Progressive, its a name some Leftists have adopted

Absolute hogwash

Forum List

Back