CDZ What is to be done with the "homeless?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put them on old cruise ships and let them do whatever they want anchored 2 mi off shore. Make it reality TV? Helicopter in water white bread, beans & baloney (and drugs). They can pump crap in ocean? Burn the trash? Police on upper two decks. Bums below only. Cruise around. It aint easy problem. Such a mix of unfortunates.

Tent cities along the Mexican border? In between the walls, you can camp and live and stop Mexicans? Get out of line, you get forced into Mexico?

Put me in charge and get Obammy judges off my back. I would do something.

Last edited:
See. Leftist kooks talk a good game but they dont care about homelessness. Not many workable ideas of what to do about it posted in here?

Resouces are not unlimited...at state level for sure. I saw it explode in CA over recent decades. Especially around the larger cities. 2008 housing bust did not help with 10% unemployment. UI dont cover Silicon Valley cost of living.

1. Give them homes (e.g., homeless shelters)

2. Enforce vagrancy/public nuisance laws

3. Prosecute repeat offenders

Any questions?
Home them. Could be done fairly cheaply and easily. The biggest issue will be psycological care.

I agree. But if they refuse treatment and remain public nuisances, they should be confined or incarcerated if necessary.
Homed and restricted for their own safety.

You got 100,000 around SF. It costs at least $3000 per mo for a studio apt. They cant live there. Now what? Capture and remove? To where? Kansas?
Everyone has to live somewhere son. These are your fellow Americans, don't they deserve a little help and kindness?

Any questions?
Home them. Could be done fairly cheaply and easily. The biggest issue will be psycological care.

I agree. But if they refuse treatment and remain public nuisances, they should be confined or incarcerated if necessary.

You got 100,000 around SF. It costs at least $3000 per mo for a studio apt. They cant live there. Now what? Capture and remove? To where? Kansas?
Everyone has to live somewhere son. These are your fellow Americans, don't they deserve a little help and kindness?

Yes. But not in a beach house while other Americans must move far out in 3 hour commutes, forced to pay for homeless homes on a hill in SF. May I suggest vacant properties throughout DET, STL as less costly? It is a mess. And only getting worse. Once these people deteriorate (teeth, disease, headlice, tracks, diseases). Many become not salvagable. All you can do is contain them now in basic comforts. Tents? Homes? Whatever. Would you hire somebody to work in hi-tech that smells like crap and stinks out if the mouth like a garbage can? Uh....no you cant.

They don't allow packs of dogs-cats to roam and crap willy-nilly eating out of garbage cans or going in homes to ransack. It is a Health Emergency.

Yes. But not in a beach house while other Americans must move far out in 3 hour commutes, forced to pay for homeless homes on a hill in SF. May I suggest vacant properties throughout DET, STL as less costly? It is a mess. And only getting worse. Once these people deteriorate (teeth, disease, headlice, tracks, diseases). Many become not salvagable. All you can do is contain them now in basic comforts. Tents? Homes? Whatever. Would you hire somebody to work in hi-tech that smells like crap and stinks out if the mouth like a garbage can? Uh....no you cant.

They don't allow packs of dogs-cats to roam and crap willy-nilly eating out of garbage cans or going in homes to ransack. It is a Health Emergency.
Hyperbole. Nobody is talking about putting them in beach houses or anything similar.

Hyperbole. Nobody is talking about putting them in beach houses or anything similar.

~$1000/sq ft anywhere up there. Land is precious from GG to very south SJ. There is no vacant land to build. You have to use existing. Repeat, i don't think they can live anywhere on that peninsula where the most congregate.

Maybe Marthas' Vineyard has some shelter spots? Or small apartments? It just doesn't work.

Why you think that's funny HenryBHough ?

Homeless shelter nicer than your apartment?

It's probably already been said but at least in my part of the country help and transitional services are available if one wants it. Some do not for various reasons ranging from stubborn independence to substance abuse issues or mental illness. It gets pretty cold up here in the winter with plenty of snow and most cities have volunteers that try and check up on them so they don't freeze to death. It happens in rural areas too, camps in the woods I stumbled upon one. It's a harsh life to choose or find oneself in. I don't know if there is an answer if help is rejected.

So are you going to allow the homeless encampments to continue? (That is a yes or no question. Wishing them away is not an answer.)

So none of you can answer this question? Good grief, you are pathetic.

:1peleas:

Your answer is incarceration. You can do that, of course. The costs of which will be extremely prohibitive. Which is why CT (criminal trespassers) are often given PR bonds and sent on their way. Which is answered with the homeless person wanting to go back into the Criminal Justice system to get a meal, housing, out of the cold, etc... and the whole process starts all over again.

That being said, there is no answer that doesn't involve massive additional public investment or doing something that is currently socially unacceptable.

Any questions?

Why would they 'deserve' it? I exist. You need to give me the stuff you worked for in life, because I deserve it. I suck air. I fart. I consume the the work and effort of others.

Therefore I 'deserve' your money.

By what logic does the fact you exist, mean you 'deserve' the hard work of others?

You don't 'deserve' anything. You can earn stuff. You can get the charity of others.

But you don't 'deserve' anything at all.

Now as far as the solutions... the solution is a change in the moral mindset, to encourage hard work, and self reliance. To reduce the incentive to be beggars, by making it unprofitable, and give them the motivation to work.

By the way, it is profitable. There was a guy some years ago, that was pulling down (by his own admission), almost $100K a year begging. He said openly that's why he was doing it. We need to change the minds of the public, to not reward laziness, and start helping those in need, through reputable charity organizations.

But ultimately, we need a reformation of moral values.

And the very start of that, is getting rid of this notion that "These are your fellow Americans, don't they deserve a little help and kindness?"

It is exactly that attitude, which has caused so many in our society to not change how they live for the better.... because why should they? They deserve to be helped, the way that they are. Thus they stay lazy and unproductive, living off the hard work of others.

So are you going to allow the homeless encampments to continue? (That is a yes or no question. Wishing them away is not an answer.)

So none of you can answer this question? Good grief, you are pathetic.

:1peleas:

Your answer is incarceration. You can do that, of course. The costs of which will be extremely prohibitive. Which is why CT (criminal trespassers) are often given PR bonds and sent on their way. Which is answered with the homeless person wanting to go back into the Criminal Justice system to get a meal, housing, out of the cold, etc... and the whole process starts all over again.

That being said, there is no answer that doesn't involve massive additional public investment or doing something that is currently socially unacceptable.
------------------------------------ [chuckle] . I don't care about the expense . All the expense has been engineerd to be high . I'd let the homeless run around in the woods , maybe DESIGNATED camps with FREE Admittance and bathroom facilities every couple hundred of miles . Platforms for tents , basic running water , small stores for basics . ----------------------------- They'd be BASIC for people with no where else to go !!

Last edited:
and the idea of JAIL . Candy is correct I think if I read her right . What difference does jail make to a homeless guy . What will happen to him if he can't pay fines . I heard about one homeless guy that threatened to PEACEFULLY Rob a bank with a note then sat down to wait for the Police to scoop him up . So , if I read you correct then I agree with you Candy .

and where I live , its very rural so letting them run around in the WOODS at a Designated area outside of town is what I see until they are moved along by police . I also see lots of walkers with back packs walking down the main roads and probably going from small town to small town . ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back